Re: The MacDonald's of Meditation w/fries

  • Jeff Belyea
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 1, 2003
      Wow. Somebody must have order fries with that!

      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, devianandi <
      no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > Some God-realized souls retain their gross, subtle and mental bodies
      > but, in their absorption of God-consciousness, are totally
      > unconscious of the existence of their bodies. Other souls continue to
      > see their bodies and treat them as persons incarnate, but these
      > bodies exist only from the point of view of the observer. Such God-
      > realized persons are called Majzubs in Sufi terminology. The Majzubs
      > do not use their bodies consciously because their consciousness in
      > wholly directed towards God; it is not turned toward their bodies or
      > the universe. For them, their bodies as well as the world of forms
      > have no existence, so there can be no question of their using their
      > bodies in the world of forms. However, though the Majzubs do not use
      > their bodies consciously, they are necessarily the centers for the
      > radiation of the constant overflow of the infinite bliss, knowledge
      > and love; and those who rever these bodies derive spiritual benefit
      > from this radiation of divinity.
      >
      > Some God-realized persons have, in addition to consciousness of God,
      > the awareness of the existence of other souls who are in bondage. But
      > they know these souls to be forms of the Paramatman and also that
      > they are all one day destined to have emancipation and God-
      > realization. Being established in this knowledge, they remain
      > indifferent to the provisional and changing lot of those who are in
      > bondage. They know that, just as they themselves have realized God,
      > these also will realize God. They are in no hurry to speed up the God-
      > realization of those who are in bondage, for they take no active
      > interest in the time processes of creation.
      >
      > Some of the God-realized not only possess God-consciousness but are
      > conscious of creation and their own bodies. They take an active
      > interest in those who are in bondage, so as to help others in their
      > Godward march. Such a God-realized one is called a Sadguru, or a
      > Perfect Master. Sadgurus know themselves to be in the center of the
      > universe, and everyone, high or low, good or bad, is at the same
      > distance from them. In the Sufi tradition, this center is called
      > Kutub. Through Kutub the universe is controlled.
      >
      > The foremost Sadguru, who first emerged through evolution and helped
      > and helps other souls in bondage, is known as the Avatar. There is
      > another difference between Sadguru and Avatar. A person who becomes
      > God and has creation-consciousness is called Sadguru (Perfect
      > Master). When God becomes human, the office is called Avatar (God-
      > Man, or Messiah).
    • Jeff Belyea
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 1, 2003
        Where are my manners. I should have
        said, "Thanks, Devi." I really enjoyed
        this read.

        Thanks, Devi

        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Belyea" <
        jeff@s...> wrote:
        > Wow. Somebody must have order fries with that!
        >
        > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, devianandi <
        > no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > > Some God-realized souls retain their gross, subtle and mental bodies
        > > but, in their absorption of God-consciousness, are totally
        > > unconscious of the existence of their bodies. Other souls continue to
        > > see their bodies and treat them as persons incarnate, but these
        > > bodies exist only from the point of view of the observer. Such God-
        > > realized persons are called Majzubs in Sufi terminology. The Majzubs
        > > do not use their bodies consciously because their consciousness in
        > > wholly directed towards God; it is not turned toward their bodies or
        > > the universe. For them, their bodies as well as the world of forms
        > > have no existence, so there can be no question of their using their
        > > bodies in the world of forms. However, though the Majzubs do not use
        > > their bodies consciously, they are necessarily the centers for the
        > > radiation of the constant overflow of the infinite bliss, knowledge
        > > and love; and those who rever these bodies derive spiritual benefit
        > > from this radiation of divinity.
        > >
        > > Some God-realized persons have, in addition to consciousness of God,
        > > the awareness of the existence of other souls who are in bondage. But
        > > they know these souls to be forms of the Paramatman and also that
        > > they are all one day destined to have emancipation and God-
        > > realization. Being established in this knowledge, they remain
        > > indifferent to the provisional and changing lot of those who are in
        > > bondage. They know that, just as they themselves have realized God,
        > > these also will realize God. They are in no hurry to speed up the God-
        > > realization of those who are in bondage, for they take no active
        > > interest in the time processes of creation.
        > >
        > > Some of the God-realized not only possess God-consciousness but are
        > > conscious of creation and their own bodies. They take an active
        > > interest in those who are in bondage, so as to help others in their
        > > Godward march. Such a God-realized one is called a Sadguru, or a
        > > Perfect Master. Sadgurus know themselves to be in the center of the
        > > universe, and everyone, high or low, good or bad, is at the same
        > > distance from them. In the Sufi tradition, this center is called
        > > Kutub. Through Kutub the universe is controlled.
        > >
        > > The foremost Sadguru, who first emerged through evolution and helped
        > > and helps other souls in bondage, is known as the Avatar. There is
        > > another difference between Sadguru and Avatar. A person who becomes
        > > God and has creation-consciousness is called Sadguru (Perfect
        > > Master). When God becomes human, the office is called Avatar (God-
        > > Man, or Messiah).
      • asimpjoy
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 1, 2003

          **** T: Thanks, I needed that!
          > You're done.
          >
          > You are officially a meditator.
          > Practice this when it occurs
          > to you...
          >
          > Simple Process...Astonishing ResultsĀ®
          >

          > Papajeff
        • devianandi
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 1, 2003
            <jeff@s...> wrote:
            > Where are my manners. I should have
            > said, "Thanks, Devi." I really enjoyed
            > this read.
            >
            > Thanks, Devi

            your welcome jeffji. hmm, i'm thinking maybe i can reprogram some of
            my lesser seleves

            stay cool"The enlightened one accepts life which passes by him. In
            that process he does not intervene. But he responds to situations
            that come about. He hasn't the illusion that he can change life's
            happenings to his liking. You can compare it to a visit to a movie.
            You watch a movie and you know it is a finished product. The only
            thing you can do is, to watch and enjoy it. And the enjoying is to
            respond to the arisen moment. This is how an enlightened one makes
            use of his mind. The difference though is that he is the master and
            not a slave to his mind. It is the nature of the mind to think in
            dualities. If you ask for a glass of water, then the mind wants to
            judge over the water; is it too cold or is it warm. The enlightened
            one merely asks for water and drinks it without interpreting the
            water. His mind is still. Sometimes you keep the radio on without
            listening to it. Similarly, listen to people talk without
            interpreting what they say. Like that we should handle our mind.
            Don't be identified with the mind! The problem is that we are afraid
            that we will miss something essential if we do not listen to the
            interpreting mind."
          • Gene Poole
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 1, 2003
              devianandi <no_reply@y...> wrote:

              > Some God-realized souls retain their gross, subtle and mental bodies

              <snip>

              > When God becomes human, the office is called Avatar (God-
              > Man, or Messiah).

              But in any case, what is the orifice called?

              ==GP==
            • Gene Poole
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 1, 2003
                "Jeff Belyea" <jeff@s...> wrote:

                > Wow. Somebody must have order fries with that!

                <massive snip>

                Q: If in america we now eat 'freedom fries',
                what do they eat in Iraq?

                A: Dic-taters

                Couch Commando,

                ==GP==
              • Jeff Belyea
                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 1, 2003
                  --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Gene Poole" <
                  gene_poole@q...> wrote:
                  > "Jeff Belyea" <jeff@s...> wrote:
                  >
                  > > Wow. Somebody must have order fries with that!
                  >
                  > <massive snip>
                  >
                  > Q: If in america we now eat 'freedom fries',
                  > what do they eat in Iraq?
                  >

                  > A: Dic-taters
                  >

                  > Couch Commando,
                  >
                  > ==GP==

                  You onion rings
                  around all the
                  others, oh, Highly
                  Starched Commando.

                  Jeff
                • satkartar7
                  Message 8 of 11 , Apr 2, 2003
                    Gregory Goode <goode@d...> wrote:

                    > This is good! I like it. I'd just made some coffee before reading it. Yes=
                    , I know, it's almost 5:30, but I'll be working late tonight.

                    > --Greg

                    K: I like it too, great thoughts
                    on meditatin Jeff; thanks

                    peace, Karta