The MacDonald's of Meditation

  • Jeff Belyea
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 1, 2003
      Here it is:

      This will take less
      than 10 seconds to
      do, after you have
      read the instruction:

      1. Stop to just be
      aware of your surrounding.

      2. Focus you attention
      on one thing - steaming
      rising from your coffee,
      the sky, a book, a pen...

      3. Take a quiet deep
      breath. Exhale silently
      and gently. Just once.
      You're done.

      You are officially a meditator.
      Practice this when it occurs
      to you...

      Simple Process...Astonishing Results®

      Papajeff
    • Gregory Goode
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 1, 2003
        This is good! I like it. I'd just made some coffee before reading it. Yes, I know, it's almost 5:30, but I'll be working late tonight.

        --Greg

        At 10:12 PM 4/1/03 +0000, Jeff Belyea wrote:

        >Here it is:
        >
        >This will take less
        >than 10 seconds to
        >do, after you have
        >read the instruction:
        >
        >1. Stop to just be
        >aware of your surrounding.
        >
        >2. Focus you attention
        >on one thing - steaming
        >rising from your coffee,
        >the sky, a book, a pen...
        >
        >3. Take a quiet deep
        >breath. Exhale silently
        >and gently. Just once.
        >You're done.
        >
        >You are officially a meditator.
        >Practice this when it occurs
        >to you...
        >
        >Simple Process...Astonishing Results®
        >

        >Papajeff

      • devianandi
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 1, 2003
          Some God-realized souls retain their gross, subtle and mental bodies
          but, in their absorption of God-consciousness, are totally
          unconscious of the existence of their bodies. Other souls continue to
          see their bodies and treat them as persons incarnate, but these
          bodies exist only from the point of view of the observer. Such God-
          realized persons are called Majzubs in Sufi terminology. The Majzubs
          do not use their bodies consciously because their consciousness in
          wholly directed towards God; it is not turned toward their bodies or
          the universe. For them, their bodies as well as the world of forms
          have no existence, so there can be no question of their using their
          bodies in the world of forms. However, though the Majzubs do not use
          their bodies consciously, they are necessarily the centers for the
          radiation of the constant overflow of the infinite bliss, knowledge
          and love; and those who rever these bodies derive spiritual benefit
          from this radiation of divinity.

          Some God-realized persons have, in addition to consciousness of God,
          the awareness of the existence of other souls who are in bondage. But
          they know these souls to be forms of the Paramatman and also that
          they are all one day destined to have emancipation and God-
          realization. Being established in this knowledge, they remain
          indifferent to the provisional and changing lot of those who are in
          bondage. They know that, just as they themselves have realized God,
          these also will realize God. They are in no hurry to speed up the God-
          realization of those who are in bondage, for they take no active
          interest in the time processes of creation.

          Some of the God-realized not only possess God-consciousness but are
          conscious of creation and their own bodies. They take an active
          interest in those who are in bondage, so as to help others in their
          Godward march. Such a God-realized one is called a Sadguru, or a
          Perfect Master. Sadgurus know themselves to be in the center of the
          universe, and everyone, high or low, good or bad, is at the same
          distance from them. In the Sufi tradition, this center is called
          Kutub. Through Kutub the universe is controlled.

          The foremost Sadguru, who first emerged through evolution and helped
          and helps other souls in bondage, is known as the Avatar. There is
          another difference between Sadguru and Avatar. A person who becomes
          God and has creation-consciousness is called Sadguru (Perfect
          Master). When God becomes human, the office is called Avatar (God-
          Man, or Messiah).
        • Jeff Belyea
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 1, 2003
            Wow. Somebody must have order fries with that!

            --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, devianandi <
            no_reply@y...> wrote:
            > Some God-realized souls retain their gross, subtle and mental bodies
            > but, in their absorption of God-consciousness, are totally
            > unconscious of the existence of their bodies. Other souls continue to
            > see their bodies and treat them as persons incarnate, but these
            > bodies exist only from the point of view of the observer. Such God-
            > realized persons are called Majzubs in Sufi terminology. The Majzubs
            > do not use their bodies consciously because their consciousness in
            > wholly directed towards God; it is not turned toward their bodies or
            > the universe. For them, their bodies as well as the world of forms
            > have no existence, so there can be no question of their using their
            > bodies in the world of forms. However, though the Majzubs do not use
            > their bodies consciously, they are necessarily the centers for the
            > radiation of the constant overflow of the infinite bliss, knowledge
            > and love; and those who rever these bodies derive spiritual benefit
            > from this radiation of divinity.
            >
            > Some God-realized persons have, in addition to consciousness of God,
            > the awareness of the existence of other souls who are in bondage. But
            > they know these souls to be forms of the Paramatman and also that
            > they are all one day destined to have emancipation and God-
            > realization. Being established in this knowledge, they remain
            > indifferent to the provisional and changing lot of those who are in
            > bondage. They know that, just as they themselves have realized God,
            > these also will realize God. They are in no hurry to speed up the God-
            > realization of those who are in bondage, for they take no active
            > interest in the time processes of creation.
            >
            > Some of the God-realized not only possess God-consciousness but are
            > conscious of creation and their own bodies. They take an active
            > interest in those who are in bondage, so as to help others in their
            > Godward march. Such a God-realized one is called a Sadguru, or a
            > Perfect Master. Sadgurus know themselves to be in the center of the
            > universe, and everyone, high or low, good or bad, is at the same
            > distance from them. In the Sufi tradition, this center is called
            > Kutub. Through Kutub the universe is controlled.
            >
            > The foremost Sadguru, who first emerged through evolution and helped
            > and helps other souls in bondage, is known as the Avatar. There is
            > another difference between Sadguru and Avatar. A person who becomes
            > God and has creation-consciousness is called Sadguru (Perfect
            > Master). When God becomes human, the office is called Avatar (God-
            > Man, or Messiah).
          • Jeff Belyea
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 1, 2003
              Where are my manners. I should have
              said, "Thanks, Devi." I really enjoyed
              this read.

              Thanks, Devi

              --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Belyea" <
              jeff@s...> wrote:
              > Wow. Somebody must have order fries with that!
              >
              > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, devianandi <
              > no_reply@y...> wrote:
              > > Some God-realized souls retain their gross, subtle and mental bodies
              > > but, in their absorption of God-consciousness, are totally
              > > unconscious of the existence of their bodies. Other souls continue to
              > > see their bodies and treat them as persons incarnate, but these
              > > bodies exist only from the point of view of the observer. Such God-
              > > realized persons are called Majzubs in Sufi terminology. The Majzubs
              > > do not use their bodies consciously because their consciousness in
              > > wholly directed towards God; it is not turned toward their bodies or
              > > the universe. For them, their bodies as well as the world of forms
              > > have no existence, so there can be no question of their using their
              > > bodies in the world of forms. However, though the Majzubs do not use
              > > their bodies consciously, they are necessarily the centers for the
              > > radiation of the constant overflow of the infinite bliss, knowledge
              > > and love; and those who rever these bodies derive spiritual benefit
              > > from this radiation of divinity.
              > >
              > > Some God-realized persons have, in addition to consciousness of God,
              > > the awareness of the existence of other souls who are in bondage. But
              > > they know these souls to be forms of the Paramatman and also that
              > > they are all one day destined to have emancipation and God-
              > > realization. Being established in this knowledge, they remain
              > > indifferent to the provisional and changing lot of those who are in
              > > bondage. They know that, just as they themselves have realized God,
              > > these also will realize God. They are in no hurry to speed up the God-
              > > realization of those who are in bondage, for they take no active
              > > interest in the time processes of creation.
              > >
              > > Some of the God-realized not only possess God-consciousness but are
              > > conscious of creation and their own bodies. They take an active
              > > interest in those who are in bondage, so as to help others in their
              > > Godward march. Such a God-realized one is called a Sadguru, or a
              > > Perfect Master. Sadgurus know themselves to be in the center of the
              > > universe, and everyone, high or low, good or bad, is at the same
              > > distance from them. In the Sufi tradition, this center is called
              > > Kutub. Through Kutub the universe is controlled.
              > >
              > > The foremost Sadguru, who first emerged through evolution and helped
              > > and helps other souls in bondage, is known as the Avatar. There is
              > > another difference between Sadguru and Avatar. A person who becomes
              > > God and has creation-consciousness is called Sadguru (Perfect
              > > Master). When God becomes human, the office is called Avatar (God-
              > > Man, or Messiah).
            • asimpjoy
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 1, 2003

                **** T: Thanks, I needed that!
                > You're done.
                >
                > You are officially a meditator.
                > Practice this when it occurs
                > to you...
                >
                > Simple Process...Astonishing Results®
                >

                > Papajeff
              • devianandi
                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 1, 2003
                  <jeff@s...> wrote:
                  > Where are my manners. I should have
                  > said, "Thanks, Devi." I really enjoyed
                  > this read.
                  >
                  > Thanks, Devi

                  your welcome jeffji. hmm, i'm thinking maybe i can reprogram some of
                  my lesser seleves

                  stay cool"The enlightened one accepts life which passes by him. In
                  that process he does not intervene. But he responds to situations
                  that come about. He hasn't the illusion that he can change life's
                  happenings to his liking. You can compare it to a visit to a movie.
                  You watch a movie and you know it is a finished product. The only
                  thing you can do is, to watch and enjoy it. And the enjoying is to
                  respond to the arisen moment. This is how an enlightened one makes
                  use of his mind. The difference though is that he is the master and
                  not a slave to his mind. It is the nature of the mind to think in
                  dualities. If you ask for a glass of water, then the mind wants to
                  judge over the water; is it too cold or is it warm. The enlightened
                  one merely asks for water and drinks it without interpreting the
                  water. His mind is still. Sometimes you keep the radio on without
                  listening to it. Similarly, listen to people talk without
                  interpreting what they say. Like that we should handle our mind.
                  Don't be identified with the mind! The problem is that we are afraid
                  that we will miss something essential if we do not listen to the
                  interpreting mind."
                • Gene Poole
                  Message 8 of 11 , Apr 1, 2003
                    devianandi <no_reply@y...> wrote:

                    > Some God-realized souls retain their gross, subtle and mental bodies

                    <snip>

                    > When God becomes human, the office is called Avatar (God-
                    > Man, or Messiah).

                    But in any case, what is the orifice called?

                    ==GP==
                  • Gene Poole
                    Message 9 of 11 , Apr 1, 2003
                      "Jeff Belyea" <jeff@s...> wrote:

                      > Wow. Somebody must have order fries with that!

                      <massive snip>

                      Q: If in america we now eat 'freedom fries',
                      what do they eat in Iraq?

                      A: Dic-taters

                      Couch Commando,

                      ==GP==
                    • Jeff Belyea
                      Message 10 of 11 , Apr 1, 2003
                        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Gene Poole" <
                        gene_poole@q...> wrote:
                        > "Jeff Belyea" <jeff@s...> wrote:
                        >
                        > > Wow. Somebody must have order fries with that!
                        >
                        > <massive snip>
                        >
                        > Q: If in america we now eat 'freedom fries',
                        > what do they eat in Iraq?
                        >

                        > A: Dic-taters
                        >

                        > Couch Commando,
                        >
                        > ==GP==

                        You onion rings
                        around all the
                        others, oh, Highly
                        Starched Commando.

                        Jeff
                      • satkartar7
                        Message 11 of 11 , Apr 2, 2003
                          Gregory Goode <goode@d...> wrote:

                          > This is good! I like it. I'd just made some coffee before reading it. Yes=
                          , I know, it's almost 5:30, but I'll be working late tonight.

                          > --Greg

                          K: I like it too, great thoughts
                          on meditatin Jeff; thanks

                          peace, Karta