gibberish

  • Michael Read
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 27, 2002
      Hi folks, just to let you know, it is very difficult to offend me. Please feel free to criticise and tear apart whatever I post. If that is how you are moved.

      All we can give each other is love. Not the concept of love which expects something in return, just love. The love that gives us a beating heart, awareness, joy and life itself. Compassion - with passion - life fills the universe.

      Awakening is so simple. Like a child doing cartwheels. The child fearlessly throws her body into it and such joy! Yes, deep down she knows she can flub it or even hurt herself - but she flings her body with abandon into cartwheels and flips - and just laughs!

      We are the laughter and the joy of the universe. We are also the pain and the tears.

      When we become seekers we ususally identity with that role. We see ourselves as somehow separate from the universe (god) with the phenomena of enlightenment just around the corner somewhere and then joyous reunion with god. Oh, and we go through all kinds of experiences as seekers. Highs of bliss and lows of despair, too. At times we feel that we have IT - rather we simply build a more satisfying concept and are content with that for some time.

      We have the expectation that the universe will verify our beliefs and concepts. This is only natural. Jesus talked about the rich man's difficulty in entering heaven. The simple interpretation is that love of money keeps us from god. When it occurs to us that our real riches are the concepts and beliefs we hold so dear...will we offer them up? Will we surrender these treasures? Or will we hang on to them all our days?

      I know how hard it is to surrender our lives our concepts our beliefs - they are so comforting. All it takes to awaken is faith - just a small little mustard seed of faith. Every single person has this seed - oh yeah lots of weeds too. <grin>

      When that seed is nourished with love and forgiveness and compassion, it will sprout and become a great tree. Oh, just waxing mushy here. Let that nourishment apply to you first - don't judge - not even yourself.

      When Jesus said that the kingdom of heaven is within, he wasn't just flapping his jaws you know.

      Me? Oh don't believe me! Goodness gracious! I'm just an old fart in love with life.

      loveya - michael