[Meditation Society of America] Re: Any relevance here? Jeff

  • dan330033
    Message 1 of 72 , Apr 1, 2003
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "judirhodes"
      <judirhodes@z...> wrote:
      > <jeff@s...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Love remains, bliss is,
      > >
      > ****** Bullshit remains, avoidance continues.

      I wonder what determines when someone is ready
      for the kind of self-confrontation involved
      in insight.

      If there is no self-confrontation, then there is
      nothing to disrupt the status quo of self
      as continuity.

      It reminds me of what Fritz Perls said:

      to die and be reborn
      isn't easy

      And what D. T. Suzuki said:

      In Zen, it is known that
      there is enlightenment,
      and there are also many simulations
      of enlightenment -- many are
      believed to be the real thing, even by
      the one experiencing it.

      Of course, in the Zen tradition, it is
      the role of the teacher to provide
      confrontation to test the veracity
      of the enlightenment claimed by
      a student.
    • devianandi
      Message 72 of 72 , Apr 2, 2003
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "freyjartist"
        <freyjartist@a...> wrote:
        > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Gene Poole"
        > <gene_poole@q...> wrote:
        > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, devianandi
        > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > what's wrong with being devious?
        > > >
        > > > it's just another activity of god, which is the only one here --

        > > > remember?
        > > >
        > > > no, i forgot but thanks for reminding me that in the beginning
        > > > alone existed i was perfect and tranquil and then something
        > stirred
        > > > and i divided into two, then those two divided into two and
        those
        > > > into two and into two and into two untill there were millions
        and
        > > > trillions of particles of my sparkly light god energies
        > everywhere
        > > > moving further and further away from my center, the
        sourse...and
        > down
        > > > down down went all those particles of God energies until a
        solid
        > > > point was reached and that particle of God energy became a
        stone
        > and
        > > > the material universes were formed and since there was no
        further
        > > > down to go those particles of god started to go back up up up
        and
        > > > after millions and trillions of divirse forms of existence your
        > > > almost home, to your sourse, which is me
        > >
        > > Cool!
        > >

        > > ==GP==
        >
        > Yes! Way cool!

        yes, thank you very much for your compliments,it's niice when a
        window of opportunity opens up and i get to goof around, you know
        evrytime i say something negative or hurtful it causes me pain..

        baba hari dass tells me to love God and love myself and i will see
        love everywhere...when i do this love god and love myself it really
        happens, i see love everywhere,,,but when i forget god and forget
        myself and look at negativity it's like that stone that catches all
        the mossss rolling down the hill,,,