Re: Journal Entry - tosime

    Message 1 of 99 , Jun 27, 2002
      "tosime2001" <tosime@l...> wrote:
      Questions: What is the source of the insights we gain during
      meditation? How can we know if they are true?
      Answer: If the source is your ego/inner chatterer, the result will
      all too often be something that takes your peace away. If it brings
      you real (not just temporary) peace, it probably came from what is
      called the Pure Silence, Essence, God, Cosmic Consciousness, and so
      on. Actually, perhaps a better pointer would be to say that our true
      nature, our Real Self is everpresent and when we remove ignorance, we
      Realize "It". You can't "gain' that which you have had, do have, and
      will always have. Another esoteric question is "Who realizes?". This
      is a pointer that there is no you, no experience, no insight. These
      are Jnani yoga concepts and are considered kind of advanced, so I
      guess I won't even mention them. You'll run into them when you are
      ready. Oh - I guess that would be Now.
      Peace and blessings, Bob
    • Swami-G
      Message 99 of 99 , Nov 29, 2003
        <tosime@b...> wrote:
        > Journal Entry - tosime
        > Date: November 29 2003
        > Type: Meditation on inner sounds (with earplugs)
        > Time: 07:55 a.m.
        > Duration: 38 minutes (open)
        > Posture: Seated on chair
        > Body: Eyes closed,
        > - Hands on knees
        > Room Condition: Darkened room
        > - One candle
        > - Incense
        > - Essential Oil - (Gardenia + water on burner)
        > Pre-session:
        > - Full body stretch (3 times).
        > - Struck the bell 3 times before starting
        > Mind Chatter: Low
        > Waves of bliss: None
        > Experience: Good Session. First session after about a year
        without
        > meditating
        >
        > Result: Recall Session - Getting used to the motions.
        >
        > Surprising easy to return to meditation. My body felt as if it were
        on
        > automatic pilot - simply did most of the usual things I did with
        very
        > little thinking on my part.
        >
        > Good physical relaxation. Moved quite quickly through deeper
        and deeper
        > states of physical relaxation.
        >
        > Had the insight that my day to day thinking was like watching a
        slide
        > show. Each slide would stop if I dwelt on it by thinking about it.
        If I
        > did not, the next slide would appear. Most of my problems
        come when I
        > dwell too much on each passing thought. The progression of
        thoughts is a
        > natural process that I interfere with when I dwell too long on
        any
        > particular thought. I should try relaxing more and allowing the
        thought
        > process to take its natural course.

        Sg: nice to see the site come back to its intention.....