Same Difference

  • Lobster
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 31, 2003
      At 20:46 31/03/2003 +0000, you wrote:
      >Hi Lobster,
      >
      >Your statement on simplicity coincided with another post...
      >
      >To attain Knowledge,
      >add things every day.
      >To attain Wisdom,
      >remove things every day.
      >~ Lao Tzu
      >
      >Simply...TonyO

      My Fellow Americans, Beloved Iraqis,
      United Nations of Internet (UNI),

      Both have their place.
      Most of us learn something
      every day (attain knowledge)
      and those of us leaving 'wisdom'
      become more removable . . .

      Coincidental?

      LOL
      Imagine an obstruction
      unaware of its condition
      then we can be
      aware (know the obstruction)
      and Still
      wisely unobstructed . . .

      >G: this is why not everyone is meant to be a teacher / guide/
      >mentor ..... it takes clarity ... it takes knowing the situation and
      >the one that is being worked with .... it takes committment and
      >dedication.... balance and wisdom ... not flattery or insults and
      >degrading words....
      >
      > compassion may wear many faces.... a good teacher knows
      >which one is needed in what moment....
      >
      > shanti om

      Perhaps that is what you have been led to believe? :-)
      Is it also possible that not everyone
      is meant to be a student / disciple / seeker?
      My 'teacher' taught me Nothing.
      I learnt a great deal from this.

      . . . and talking of meditation . . .
      What is the difference (not between)?

      Faceless Lobster face
      Considerations
      http://tooting.webspace.fish.co.uk/consider/page2.html

    • G
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 1, 2003
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Lobster
        <edjason@b...> wrote:

        G: first off my apology to lobster in advance .... this is not meant
        to be directed at him or her ... but simply lobster is being used
        in this instance as an object to make a point.... i think that
        lobster is sincere in whatever is being shared ....... now with
        that apology given here we go.........

        L.> Is it also possible that not everyone
        > is meant to be a student / disciple / seeker?
        > My 'teacher' taught me Nothing.
        > I learnt a great deal from this.

        G: that is also a learning a teaching .... and perhaps you are
        simply putting another spin on the same exact dynamic .... is
        this what you were *led* to believe? or is it what you found ?

        > Faceless Lobster face

        G: another conceptualized picture... another idea being
        hawked a faceless lobster .... are you attempting to lead others
        to believe that you are a faceless lobster ? someone that has
        been cooked to perfection so that impersonal nothingness
        remains....?
        this in itself may be seen as an attempt to lead others to believe
        something about you .... i doubt there are many bleating sheep
        here that will just accept this point blank.....

        > Considerations
        > http://tooting.webspace.fish.co.uk/consider/page2.html

        and what belief system are you selling here - what sheep are
        you expecting to find ? see how easy it is to simply speak from
        this point of casting lingering doubts on others seeing and
        motivations .... this takes no skill.... the well placed inuendo
        and put down......... it is childs play....

        leave it on the schoolyards .... come back to sanity and
        honesty..... these types of antics are simply wastes of energy -
        waves that attempt to disturb the simplicity of truth or what is
        being shared ........

        people see what they are seeking for whether to embrace or
        fight against.... otherwise they let it pass when it holds no
        motivation or hook .... some that want to play intellectual
        genius will simply throw out hooks hoping that someone will bite
        so they can then show their vast superiority...... sitting back
        smugly - patting themselves on the back for anyone they can
        disturb or destroy with their antics..... the lists for them have
        simply become another game like pac-man .... there is no
        heartfelt concern about anyone that they encounter...... everyone
        is simply another cog to be played with ..... there is no love
        within them .... there is simply this deluded idea that the
        universe revolves around themselves ... either play on their
        terms or be destroyed.... either see it their way or suffer their
        wrath...... how petty .... how self centered it has all become....
        and it is justified by the philosophy that no one is hurt everyone is
        simply non existent or part of me so i can do whatever i damn
        well please .... this is arrogance and not Love .... this is not
        Jnana this is the i am of self at its height of delusion.....

        Love does not seek to hurt - maim - or boost itself at the
        expense of others.... yes it gives .... it gives what is best in the
        moment.... it does not seek to find every flaw to rip and tear to
        shreds.... it gives as a celebration of Living .... sometimes it is
        hard but not with any idea other than to make way for clarity and
        peace.....

        when heads win out over hearts many justifications are put in
        place..... this is Why it is so paramount to keep heart and
        devotion within your practices .... why Love is so important ...
        even within the path of Knowledge it must be balanced with Love
        ..... in Kali Yuga the Heart dynamic has been sadly lacking .... it
        is time to put it back in place.... time to let go of knowing about
        for real Knowing ... Peace - Love - Compassion come out of
        balance.... seek and destroy come out of self..... hmmmmmm
        you choose....