Meditation Goes To Market

  • Jeff Belyea
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2003

      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1, 2003

        > world is taking a look at
        > the heart...
        > of business and commerce.
        >
        > I'll let you know how
        > it goes.
        >
        > Namaste and love,
        >
        > Jeff

        Dear Papajeff,
        In a way, I'm not surprised at all about corporate America welcoming
        Meditation education. We've been giving seminars to many different
        types of professional organizations and corporations for more than 10
        years. The insurance companies have recognized the value of meditation
        as a health related asset to mental, emotional and physical well
        being, and many corporations now implement all the preventive health
        maintenance methodologies they can afford. And none are more cost
        effective than meditation. Similarly, meditation is the singular
        method most easily learned, retained, and actually used. So, I'm not
        going to say anything corny like "Give em hell"...I'm going to get
        even cornier, and say "Give em heaven":-)
      • Jeff Belyea
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 1, 2003
          <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > <jeff@s...> wrote:
          > > Dear Bob and all -
          > >
          > > Today, and again on Thursday,
          > > I have an opportunity to present
          > > an "educational segment" of a
          > > monthly meeting, held by a
          > > company called Executive Forums.
          > >
          > > I'll be at one Maine's largest
          > > law firms today, and in attendance
          > > will be CEOs from a variety of
          > > Maine's larger businesses.
          > >
          > > The theme of my presentation
          > > is "Productive Goofing Off".
          > > I had to provide drafts of
          > > my Power Point Presentation
          > > slides, and on the final
          > > slide, I introduced:
          > >
          > > "Natural Enlightenment...
          > >
          > > Tapping Into Intuitive
          > > Consciousness.
          > >
          > > Heart Meditation..."
          > >
          > > I wasn't sure this one
          > > would make it past the
          > > conservative corporate
          > > panel who approves the
          > > presentations. But to my
          > > pleasant surprise, they
          > > asked that I spend the
          > > most time on this final
          > > slide...and asked, "would
          > > I give them specific
          > > things to do, and explain
          > > how to do this meditation...
          > > and would it help with stress...
          > > for the CEOs...and their
          > > employees?"
          > >
          > > It appears that maybe more
          > > of the mainstream corporate
          > > world is taking a look at
          > > the heart...
          > > of business and commerce.
          > >
          > > I'll let you know how
          > > it goes.
          > >
          > > Namaste and love,
          > >
          > > Jeff
          >
          > Dear Papajeff,
          > In a way, I'm not surprised at all about corporate America welcoming
          > Meditation education. We've been giving seminars to many different
          > types of professional organizations and corporations for more than 10
          > years. The insurance companies have recognized the value of meditation
          > as a health related asset to mental, emotional and physical well
          > being, and many corporations now implement all the preventive health
          > maintenance methodologies they can afford. And none are more cost
          > effective than meditation. Similarly, meditation is the singular
          > method most easily learned, retained, and actually used. So, I'm not
          > going to say anything corny like "Give em hell"...I'm going to get
          > even cornier, and say "Give em heaven":-)
          > Peace and blessings,
          > Bob

          Dear Bob -

          Wow, you were exactly right. Reminds me of Rumi's poem
          about knocking on the door and realizing that you
          were on the inside already. The group was enthusiastic
          and receptive way beyond my expectations. The note pads
          really came out when we came to specific techniques of
          meditation. A very positive and encouraging experience.

          Meditation rules.

          Tampa Bay Bucs are Superbowl Champions.

          Life is good.

          Love and namaste,