Re: Any relevance here? Dan

  • Jeff Belyea
    Message 1 of 72 , Apr 1, 2003
      Dan -

      I'm assuming that you were not opposed
      to having this posted and I therefore
      consider if appropriate to respond to
      your comments, on this site...

      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "judirhodes" <
      judirhodes@z...> wrote:
      > No, does this have any relevance - a repost from the ranch list -
      > from Dan -
      > Not to mention the happy meditators who
      > have to make sure you understand how realized and in bliss
      > they are, how deep from the silence they are
      > speaking, how really truly real is their realization --
      > Just so you know that it's just like Ramana said,
      > and how amazing it is to realize that it's
      > just like he said -- and if you don't get that,
      > you are going to get the subtle love darts
      > intended to bring you down some notches -- every time.

      What you see as ego-centered peacocking,
      happy meditators see as offering of a lively hope,
      and our purpose is to serve as witnesses to the
      beautiful truth that the past and present awakened,
      enlightened and realized teachers offer, as
      encouragement to those "on the road".

      The "love darts" are provoked by the
      attributions that you, Judi and Jason post about
      many of us happy meditators: accusations of fraud,
      delusion, deceit and the litany of negativity
      that comes from little or no direct contact with
      those at whom you fire your own darts.

      It seems to me that you have no understanding of what
      motivates a happy meditator. The return darts are
      intended to counter false accusations and attributions
      that seem to me to be attempts to undermine the
      veracity and purpose of the happy meditators' offering,
      and which potentially discourage those who seek
      to find ways past the stress and discouragement
      in their lives. Happy meditators offer reports
      of rewards they found on the road they traveled.
      And that is what we defend.
      > Confronting people about self-satisfaction and
      > smug bullshit is a losing proposition -- they
      > will keep on with what keeps them feeling good
      > about themselves, and stick it to ya in return --
      > every time.

      What you see as self-satisfaction and smug bullshit,
      happy meditators see as gratitude and an eagerness
      to share the bounty of the treasure they have found
      with all who ask about it.

      > It's remarkable how the same ploy gets played again
      > and again and again ...
      > That's all selves are is these ploys, so that's the last thing
      > anyone is going to look into.
      > The spiritual ploys somehow seem the worst of all, as
      > bad as all the other ploys can be. There is something
      > particularly nasty, vicious, and self-serving about
      > the spiritualized self-ploys. I think it's because
      > all the knives have to be covered up with lots
      > of gooey love and wisdom.

      What you see as nasty, vicious and self-serving, happy
      meditators see as selfness, loving, kind and caring service
      to other people. Love and wisdom are not derisive or threatening terms
      to happy meditators.
      > A favorite seems to be:
      > It's fine with me to lose my self as long as I can
      > tell everyone how deep from silence I'm speaking, or
      > the amazing love bliss I now have, and we get
      > to smugly congratulate and reinforce one another --
      > and so on.

      What you see as self-aggrandizement, happy meditators
      see as witnessing to the reality of a way of escape from
      stress and confusion, which they speak to from experiential
      knowledge. What you see as smug congratulations, happy
      meditators see as positive and faith-building affirmations.
      The view is toward those seeking a way out. To tell them
      they are already out leaves the vast majority in despair
      when what they hear from the advaita view is "this is all
      there is, live with it." Happy meditators offer real world
      efforts that precede grace.

      > But to look into that "act" and see that it's just
      > another version of self -- that would be to suffer
      > a real loss ...
      > And that's the last thing any of these self-proclaimed
      > realizers living in contentment and bliss want ...
      > The claim of a loss that made me a special realizer
      > living deep in silent bliss love
      > is so much easier to deal with,
      > and then I get to keep the suffering and call
      > it blissful silence ... what could be better?

      What you see as us happy meditators feeling like we
      are "special realizers", is us happy meditators
      jumping for joy for us anything-but-special people
      having received a beautiful gift that ends the
      suffering - mountains of suffering made into mole
      hills, dust in the wind.

      Suffering succotash! Is that all you eat? Don't you
      ever have a gooey dessert and get past all your

      All the love,

      > -- Dan
    • devianandi
      Message 72 of 72 , Apr 2, 2003
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "freyjartist"
        <freyjartist@a...> wrote:
        > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Gene Poole"
        > <gene_poole@q...> wrote:
        > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, devianandi
        > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > what's wrong with being devious?
        > > >
        > > > it's just another activity of god, which is the only one here --

        > > > remember?
        > > >
        > > > no, i forgot but thanks for reminding me that in the beginning
        > > > alone existed i was perfect and tranquil and then something
        > stirred
        > > > and i divided into two, then those two divided into two and
        > > > into two and into two and into two untill there were millions
        > > > trillions of particles of my sparkly light god energies
        > everywhere
        > > > moving further and further away from my center, the
        > down
        > > > down down went all those particles of God energies until a
        > > > point was reached and that particle of God energy became a
        > and
        > > > the material universes were formed and since there was no
        > > > down to go those particles of god started to go back up up up
        > > > after millions and trillions of divirse forms of existence your
        > > > almost home, to your sourse, which is me
        > >
        > > Cool!
        > >

        > > ==GP==
        > Yes! Way cool!

        yes, thank you very much for your compliments,it's niice when a
        window of opportunity opens up and i get to goof around, you know
        evrytime i say something negative or hurtful it causes me pain..

        baba hari dass tells me to love God and love myself and i will see
        love everywhere...when i do this love god and love myself it really
        happens, i see love everywhere,,,but when i forget god and forget
        myself and look at negativity it's like that stone that catches all
        the mossss rolling down the hill,,,