Journal Entry - tosime

  • tosime2001
    Message 1 of 99 , Jun 26, 2002
      Notes: Posting your meditation journal is an excellent opportunity to
      share your meditation experience so others can learn from your
      insights and reflect on their own practice. You will find that
      posting a journal is a good motivator for regular, progressive
      meditation. Please use any format you wish. Feel free to ask
      questions in your post, respond to questions in other posts and
      comment on any aspect of each entry. While meditating, be careful to
      avoid a mind commentary that anticipates posting a journal entry as
      this can distract from your meditation session. Avoid judging your
      sessions based on what you read posted by others.

      Journal Entry - tosime
      Date: June 26
      Variation: Focus on breath
      Time: 08:10 a.m.
      Duration: 40 minutes (open)
      Posture: Seated on chair
      Body: Eyes closed, tongue tip to pallet, hands on knees-index finger
      touching thumb
      Condition: Dark room. Candles. Incense. Essential Oil – (Bergamot
      + water on burner). Bell.
      Experience: Good session. Relaxing!
      Mind Chatter: Medium.
      Waves of bliss: None.

      Notes: Noticed my body relaxing as I went deeper into the meditation.
      Felt a sort of pop in my sinus and ears. Considered trying a
      voluntary relaxation and seeing the results. Body felt lighter. After
      a point I could no longer feel my body relaxing but I sensed I was
      still relaxing further. It was as if I passed a point of feedback
      because my physical senses could not register further relaxation, but
      I was still relaxing further. There was a thunderstorm and at the
      earlier point in meditation the thunder filled me with a wave of
      fear. At the later stage, I felt the thunder pass through my body –
      from the right side of my back through the left side of my front.

      Insights: Relaxation. While we feel relaxation on a physical level,
      it seems there is another side of relaxation, which is linked to
      physical feelings but operates in parallel. It appears to operate in
      the mind, but not fully in our conscious minds.

      Questions: (1) Are there different dimensions to relaxation? How do
      they relate to each other?
      (2) Are dream sequences during meditation a form of mind chatter?
    • Swami-G
      Message 99 of 99 , Nov 29, 2003
        <tosime@b...> wrote:
        > Journal Entry - tosime
        > Date: November 29 2003
        > Type: Meditation on inner sounds (with earplugs)
        > Time: 07:55 a.m.
        > Duration: 38 minutes (open)
        > Posture: Seated on chair
        > Body: Eyes closed,
        > - Hands on knees
        > Room Condition: Darkened room
        > - One candle
        > - Incense
        > - Essential Oil - (Gardenia + water on burner)
        > Pre-session:
        > - Full body stretch (3 times).
        > - Struck the bell 3 times before starting
        > Mind Chatter: Low
        > Waves of bliss: None
        > Experience: Good Session. First session after about a year
        without
        > meditating
        >
        > Result: Recall Session - Getting used to the motions.
        >
        > Surprising easy to return to meditation. My body felt as if it were
        on
        > automatic pilot - simply did most of the usual things I did with
        very
        > little thinking on my part.
        >
        > Good physical relaxation. Moved quite quickly through deeper
        and deeper
        > states of physical relaxation.
        >
        > Had the insight that my day to day thinking was like watching a
        slide
        > show. Each slide would stop if I dwelt on it by thinking about it.
        If I
        > did not, the next slide would appear. Most of my problems
        come when I
        > dwell too much on each passing thought. The progression of
        thoughts is a
        > natural process that I interfere with when I dwell too long on
        any
        > particular thought. I should try relaxing more and allowing the
        thought
        > process to take its natural course.

        Sg: nice to see the site come back to its intention.....