Re: Direct Words of Sri Ramana on Guru and Silence/G

  • devianandi
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 31 5:16 PM
      This reminds me of what its like when I hang out with you.
      The momentum of my internal dialogue gets suspended,
      ... And a different kind of "energy" begins to take place?
      even amongst all the activity and small talk!

      > G: this is one reason that it is of value....
      >
      > > Is Silence then the most potent action there is???
      >
      > G: it is one way to cut through things rapidly....
      devi: my Guru is extremenly powerful probably due to being silent
      since 1952, very profound activity

      > > I sat in Silence this morning,
      > > And watched my mind chatter.
      > > ... I wonder if it will ever end?

      devi: when you leave creation it will

      > G: where is it rising from ?

      Pure Silence seems to remain just out of reach,
      > > Because the internal dialogue just keeps on going.
      > > ... And yet there is that sweet fragrance of another dimension.
      > >
      > > It is calling.
      >
      > G: it will come ... sometimes you try to hard... don't try to
      get it -
      > relax in it .....

      devi: i remember you making fun of my Guru Baba Hari Dass for being
      silent...
    • G
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 31 5:34 PM
        devianandi <no_reply@y...> wrote:

        > devi: i remember you making fun of my Guru Baba Hari Dass
        for being silent...

        G: one may remain in silence and still speak... it has to do with
        the mind and not the movement of the mouth.... mouni is silent
        mind.... but many confuse it with no speaking ... although
        sometimes when the mind is stilled then also one simply finds
        no need to speak....
      • devianandi
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 31 6:03 PM
          devi: i remember you making fun of my Guru Baba Hari Dass
          for being silent...

          G: one may remain in silence and still speak... it has to do
          with the mind and not the movement of the mouth.... mouni is
          silent mind.... but many confuse it with no speaking ...
          although sometimes when the mind is stilled then also one simply
          finds no need to speak....
          devi: i'm sure that baba hari dass doesn't get confused..i still
          answer that inner silence, added to this, outer silence is more
          powerful then inner silence with verbalization...
        • asimpjoy
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 31 7:57 PM
            (snip)
            > I sat in Silence this morning,
            > And watched my mind chatter.
            > ... I wonder if it will ever end?

            G: where is it rising from ?

            **** T: I don't know?
            "Intellectually" I say it is a biochemical reaction in the brain.
            First there is a perceptual stimulus, which then creates the reaction
            of thought, and then thinking creates the reaction of more thought -
            challenge and response, and then another challenge and another
            response, and so on and on.
            ... A habitual process that just keeps on going, with seldom even a
            brief pause.

            However, I don't think this is what you are asking, is it?
            ... And so I say I don't know.

            Where does it come from? And where does it go?
            ... I don't know. I don't know?

            Maybe I need to pay better attention?

            Love,
            Tony
          • G
            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 31 10:51 PM
              --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, asimpjoy
              <no_reply@y...> wrote:

              > (snip)
              > > I sat in Silence this morning,
              > > And watched my mind chatter.
              > > ... I wonder if it will ever end?
              >
              > G: where is it rising from ?
              >
              > **** T: I don't know?

              > "Intellectually" I say it is a biochemical reaction in the brain.
              > First there is a perceptual stimulus, which then creates the
              reaction of thought, and then thinking creates the reaction of
              more thought - challenge and response, and then another
              challenge and another response, and so on and on.
              > ... A habitual process that just keeps on going, with seldom
              even a brief pause.

              > However, I don't think this is what you are asking, is it?
              > ... And so I say I don't know.

              G: really can you believe that chemicals make up thoughts ...?
              if that were true then a chemical could make one a genius...
              quit trying to give an intelligent answer and really look at it....

              so when thoughts come and go does that mean that
              chemicals are not stable that they also come and go?
              what chemical composition comprises the word OM ?
              very quickly one can see that this doesn't hold water.....

              g:> Where does it come from? And where does it go?

              T:> ... I don't know. I don't know?
              > Maybe I need to pay better attention?

              G: so how deeply have you really been enquiring into the nature
              of things? chasing and second guessing thoughts is not
              looking deeply into the nature of things... that is simply creating
              more surface motion... you need to observe ... patiently.....

              then question.... then equiry will begin..... when one get's sick
              and tired of it all..... then they will start to enquire and will
              confront themselves head on ... then barriers will fall.....

              > Love,
              > Tony

              shanti om and love