Us and Them

  • freyjartist@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 31, 2003
      Us, and them
      And after all, we're only ordinary men

      Me, and you
      God only knows it's not what we would choose to do

      Forward! he cried from the rear
      and the front rank died

      And the General sat, and the lines on the map
      moved from side to side

      Black and blue
      And who knows which is which
      and who is who

      Up and down
      And in the end it's only round and round and round

      Haven't you heard?
      it's a battle of words
      the poster bearer cried
      Listen son, said the man with the gun
      There's room for you inside

      Down and out
      It can't be helped but there's a lot of it about

      With, without
      And who'll deny it's what the fighting's all about

      Out of the way, it's a busy day
      I've got things on my mind
      For want of the price of a tea and a slice

      The old man died.

      ~Floyd

    • Jason Fishman
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 31, 2003
        That's my girl ;)

        --- freyjartist@... wrote:
        > Us, and them
        > And after all, we're only ordinary men
        >
        > Me, and you
        > God only knows it's not what we would choose to do
        >
        > Forward! he cried from the rear
        > and the front rank died
        >
        > And the General sat, and the lines on the map
        > moved from side to side
        >
        > Black and blue
        > And who knows which is which
        > and who is who
        >
        > Up and down
        > And in the end it's only round and round and round
        >
        > Haven't you heard?
        > it's a battle of words
        > the poster bearer cried
        > Listen son, said the man with the gun
        > There's room for you inside
        >
        > Down and out
        > It can't be helped but there's a lot of it about
        >
        > With, without
        > And who'll deny it's what the fighting's all about
        >
        > Out of the way, it's a busy day
        > I've got things on my mind
        > For want of the price of a tea and a slice
        >
        > The old man died.
        >
        > ~Floyd

        > removed]

        http://platinum.yahoo.com