Re: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Any relevance here?

  • wrmspirit@aol.com
    Message 1 of 22 , Mar 31, 2003
      In a message dated 3/31/2003 11:29:16 AM Pacific Standard Time,
      judirhodes@... writes:

      > No, does this have any relevance - a repost from the ranch list -
      > from Dan -

      The relevance that it has, is that, they are words once written, as temporary
      and motionful as all the rest of the words. When a point is attempted to be
      made, through the actions of words, then what is being relayed is an
      intentional action...decided upon by someone who thinks that can happen,
      rather than looking at the whole lot of things, within its entirety.

      Norma

    • judirhodes
      Message 2 of 22 , Mar 31, 2003
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, wrmspirit@a...
        wrote:
        > In a message dated 3/31/2003 11:29:16 AM Pacific Standard Time,
        > judirhodes@z... writes:
        >

        > > No, does this have any relevance - a repost from the ranch list -
        > > from Dan -
        >
        > The relevance that it has, is that, they are words once written, as
        temporary
        > and motionful as all the rest of the words. When a point is
        attempted to be
        > made, through the actions of words, then what is being relayed is
        an
        > intentional action...decided upon by someone who thinks that can
        happen,
        > rather than looking at the whole lot of things, within its
        entirety.

        > Norma

        *********** You and Christiana ought to get together and have a nice
        little word salad lunch! :-)

        I'm sure I don't have foggiest notion Norma of what either of you
        ever have to say.

        Judi
      • wrmspirit@aol.com
        Message 3 of 22 , Mar 31, 2003
          *********** You and Christiana ought to get together and have a nice
          little word salad lunch! :-)

          I'm sure I don't have foggiest notion Norma of what either of you
          ever have to say.

          Judi

          Everything moves, Judi......but when focused on an object, either there is
          attachment to that object, or there is the dwelling of past thoughts relating
          to it, which propagates all reactions versus responses. Not to say that
          opinions don't matter, but when taken within the scope of things, then the
          temporary impermance of them becomes more apparent, and thus, the need to
          hold onto them dissolves.

          Norma
        • Jason Fishman
          Message 4 of 22 , Mar 31, 2003
            --- wrmspirit@... wrote:
            > *********** You and Christiana ought to get together
            > and have a nice
            > little word salad lunch! :-)
            >
            > I'm sure I don't have foggiest notion Norma of what
            > either of you
            > ever have to say.
            >
            > Judi
            >

            > Everything moves, Judi......but when focused on an
            > object, either there is
            > attachment to that object, or there is the dwelling
            > of past thoughts relating
            > to it, which propagates all reactions versus
            > opinions don't matter, but when taken within the
            > scope of things, then the
            > temporary impermance of them becomes more apparent,
            > and thus, the need to
            > hold onto them dissolves.
            >

            > Norma

            Yes, The boat that ALL ride on till it sinks. Guess
            what? We've got nothing but room!

            Heil Heil Capt Norma :) Judi, go swab the deck ;)

            http://platinum.yahoo.com
          • wrmspirit@aol.com
            Message 5 of 22 , Mar 31, 2003
              ..........egocentricity..............

              it's what's for lunch

              It would be easy to fix an ego then serve and eat it up. It's not ego that
              misinterprets. It's the set of beliefs that can get in the way, if those
              beliefs are given definition, outline and form.

              Norma
            • freyjartist
              Message 6 of 22 , Mar 31, 2003
                wrote:
                > ..........egocentricity..............
                >
                > it's what's for lunch
                >

                > It would be easy to fix an ego then serve and eat it up. It's
                not ego that
                > misinterprets. It's the set of beliefs that can get in the way, if
                those
                > beliefs are given definition, outline and form.
                >

                > Norma

                yeah....like i said,

                egocentricity
              • wrmspirit@aol.com
                Message 7 of 22 , Mar 31, 2003
                  yeah....like i said,

                  egocentricity

                  nope.....that's what confuses. Nothing is centered around ego. Ego is not
                  aliveness. It's merely a mechanism. the identities, the belief structures.
                  that's the thing to watch for.

                  Norma
                • freyjartist
                  Message 8 of 22 , Mar 31, 2003
                    wrote:
                    > yeah....like i said,
                    >
                    > egocentricity
                    >

                    > nope.....that's what confuses. Nothing is centered around ego.
                    Ego is not
                    > aliveness. It's merely a mechanism. the identities, the belief
                    structures.
                    > that's the thing to watch for.
                    >

                    > Norma

                    OK, you're right.

                    Haven't you heard?

                    It's a battle of words.
                  • Jason Fishman
                    Message 9 of 22 , Mar 31, 2003
                      True, yet nothing gets removed or it all goes
                      together. Define a seperation and thats what one gets,
                      something seperate. Ego not apart.

                      Not to long ago we didn't have anything to believe,
                      soon enough it will come to pass, back to nothing,
                      let's just forget.

                      Peace and Love

                      http://platinum.yahoo.com
                    • wrmspirit@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 22 , Mar 31, 2003
                        OK, you're right.

                        Haven't you heard?

                        It's a battle of words.

                        That's just it.

                        There doesn't need to be a battle. The understanding of it all, eliminates
                        the battle.

                        Norma
                      • Jason Fishman
                        Message 11 of 22 , Mar 31, 2003
                          Yes, understanding all, eliminates all, thats half the
                          battle.

                          Peace and Love

                          --- wrmspirit@... wrote:
                          > OK, you're right.
                          >
                          > Haven't you heard?
                          >
                          > It's a battle of words.
                          >

                          > That's just it.
                          >
                          > There doesn't need to be a battle. The
                          > understanding of it all, eliminates
                          > the battle.
                          >

                          > Norma

                          http://platinum.yahoo.com
                        • freyjartist
                          Message 12 of 22 , Mar 31, 2003
                            wrote:
                            > OK, you're right.
                            >
                            > Haven't you heard?
                            >
                            > It's a battle of words.
                            >

                            > That's just it.
                            >
                            > There doesn't need to be a battle. The understanding of it all,
                            eliminates
                            > the battle.
                            >

                            > Norma

                            Right again....

                            too busy to understand....
                            ain't got no time, man

                            gotta check the "Dow"

                            the lunatic is in my head
                            the lunatic is in my head
                            You raise the blade
                            you make the change
                            you re-arrange me til i'm sane

                            You lock the door
                            And throw away the key
                            There's someone in my head but it's not me

                            And if the cloud bursts, thunder in your ear
                            You shout and no one seems to hear
                            And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes
                            I'll see you on the dard side of the moon......
                          • wrmspirit@aol.com
                            Message 13 of 22 , Mar 31, 2003
                              In a message dated 3/31/2003 1:12:33 PM Pacific Standard Time,
                              munkiman4u@... writes:

                              > True, yet nothing gets removed or it all goes
                              > together. Define a seperation and thats what one gets,
                              > something seperate. Ego not apart.
                              >
                              > Not to long ago we didn't have anything to believe,
                              > soon enough it will come to pass, back to nothing,
                              > let's just forget.
                              >
                              > Peace and Love

                              The irony of it all is that there is a greater potential within mankind
                              than what mankind believes and that potential is understanding which has
                              nothing to do with being right, or being wrong......and everything to do with
                              peace.
                              Few are willing to look "within," and find this inherent potential, and
                              instead decide it's better to just forget...

                              Norma

                            • Jason Fishman
                              Message 14 of 22 , Mar 31, 2003
                                --- wrmspirit@... wrote:
                                > Standard Time,
                                > munkiman4u@... writes:
                                >

                                > > True, yet nothing gets removed or it all goes
                                > > together. Define a seperation and thats what one
                                > gets,
                                > > something seperate. Ego not apart.
                                > >
                                > > Not to long ago we didn't have anything to
                                > believe,
                                > > soon enough it will come to pass, back to nothing,
                                > > let's just forget.
                                > >
                                > > Peace and Love
                                > >

                                > The irony of it all is that there is a greater
                                > potential within mankind
                                > than what mankind believes and that potential is
                                > understanding which has
                                > nothing to do with being right, or being
                                > wrong......and everything to do with
                                > peace.
                                > Few are willing to look "within," and find this
                                > inherent potential, and
                                > instead decide it's better to just forget...
                                >
                                > Norma

                                The irony of all is that all is potential, not
                                exclusive to mankind, whether all understands or not.
                                Mankind comes along with all it's understandings and
                                all potentials are lost in the translation. Look
                                exclusively within and find no one, look at all and
                                find yourself.

                                All this look into needs looking into :)

                                Peace and Love

                                http://platinum.yahoo.com
                              • dan330033
                                Message 15 of 22 , Mar 31, 2003
                                  wrote:
                                  > ..........egocentricity..............
                                  >
                                  > it's what's for lunch
                                  >

                                  > It would be easy to fix an ego then serve and eat it up. It's
                                  not ego that
                                  > misinterprets. It's the set of beliefs that can get in the way, if
                                  those
                                  > beliefs are given definition, outline and form.
                                  >

                                  > Norma

                                  All you've got is your interpretation,
                                  because you are your interpretations.

                                  So, the question is: without interpreting
                                  at all -- what is this?

                                  if you call it anything, you're interpreting.
                                  if you don't call it anything, you're interpreting
                                  that you shouldn't name it ...
                                • dan330033
                                  Message 16 of 22 , Mar 31, 2003
                                    wrote:
                                    > yeah....like i said,
                                    >
                                    > egocentricity
                                    >

                                    > nope.....that's what confuses. Nothing is centered around ego.
                                    Ego is not
                                    > aliveness. It's merely a mechanism. the identities, the belief
                                    structures.
                                    > that's the thing to watch for.
                                    >

                                    > Norma

                                    True -- the reactions that give me something to react to.
                                  • dan330033
                                    Message 17 of 22 , Mar 31, 2003
                                      <munkiman4u@y...> wrote:
                                      > True, yet nothing gets removed or it all goes
                                      > together. Define a seperation and thats what one gets,
                                      > something seperate. Ego not apart.
                                      >
                                      > Not to long ago we didn't have anything to believe,
                                      > soon enough it will come to pass, back to nothing,
                                      > let's just forget.

                                      You don't have the power to make anything separate.

                                      That's the delusion of the illusion.

                                      There's no going back.
                                    • dan330033
                                      Message 18 of 22 , Mar 31, 2003
                                        > The irony of all is that all is potential, not
                                        > exclusive to mankind, whether all understands or not.

                                        Nice -- exactly -- it's not about me.

                                        > Mankind comes along with all it's understandings and
                                        > all potentials are lost in the translation.

                                        Yes. That's why it's called transcendence.

                                        > Look
                                        > exclusively within and find no one, look at all and
                                        > find yourself.

                                        Truth.

                                        > All this look into needs looking into :)

                                        It takes all you got. And then some.

                                        If there's not a mirror, none
                                        of the images appearing is you.

                                        > Peace and Love

                                        Drib and Drab,

                                        Abracadab
                                      • Jason Fishman
                                        Message 19 of 22 , Apr 1, 2003
                                          --- dan330033 <dan330033@...> wrote:
                                          > Jason Fishman
                                          > <munkiman4u@y...> wrote:
                                          > > True, yet nothing gets removed or it all goes
                                          > > together. Define a seperation and thats what one
                                          > gets,
                                          > > something seperate. Ego not apart.
                                          > >
                                          > > Not to long ago we didn't have anything to
                                          > believe,
                                          > > soon enough it will come to pass, back to nothing,
                                          > > let's just forget.
                                          >
                                          > You don't have the power to make anything separate.
                                          >
                                          > That's the delusion of the illusion.
                                          >
                                          > There's no going back.

                                          But, but, it says so right here in the manual, hmmm
                                          must be a misprint.

                                          Peace and Love

                                          Message 20 of 22 , Apr 1, 2003
                                            --- dan330033 <dan330033@...> wrote:
                                            > > The irony of all is that all is potential, not
                                            > > exclusive to mankind, whether all understands or
                                            > not.
                                            >
                                            > Nice -- exactly -- it's not about me.
                                            >
                                            > > Mankind comes along with all it's understandings
                                            > and
                                            > > all potentials are lost in the translation.
                                            >
                                            > Yes. That's why it's called transcendence.
                                            >
                                            > > Look
                                            > > exclusively within and find no one, look at all
                                            > and
                                            > > find yourself.
                                            >
                                            > Truth.
                                            >
                                            > > All this look into needs looking into :)
                                            >
                                            > It takes all you got. And then some.
                                            >
                                            > If there's not a mirror, none
                                            > of the images appearing is you.
                                            >
                                            > > Peace and Love
                                            >
                                            > Drib and Drab,
                                            >
                                            > Abracadab

                                            POOF!

                                            Chaos and hate

                                            http://platinum.yahoo.com
                                          • dan330033
                                            Message 21 of 22 , Apr 1, 2003
                                              > > You don't have the power to make anything separate.
                                              > >
                                              > > That's the delusion of the illusion.
                                              > >
                                              > > There's no going back.
                                              >
                                              > But, but, it says so right here in the manual, hmmm
                                              > must be a misprint.
                                              >
                                              > Peace and Love

                                              I think it probably is.

                                              Here, let me get out my "Manual on Misprints."

                                              Hmmmm....

                                              I seem to have misplaced it.

                                              Do you have the "Manual on Finding Misplaced Manuals"?

                                              -- Dan
                                            • dan330033
                                              Message 22 of 22 , Apr 1, 2003
                                                > > > Peace and Love