Re: Any relevance here?

  • judirhodes
    Message 1 of 72 , Mar 31 11:21 AM
      No, does this have any relevance - a repost from the ranch list -
      from Dan -

      Not to mention the happy meditators who
      have to make sure you understand how realized and in bliss
      they are, how deep from the silence they are
      speaking, how really truly real is their realization --
      Just so you know that it's just like Ramana said,
      and how amazing it is to realize that it's
      just like he said -- and if you don't get that,
      you are going to get the subtle love darts
      intended to bring you down some notches -- every time.

      Confronting people about self-satisfaction and
      smug bullshit is a losing proposition -- they
      will keep on with what keeps them feeling good
      about themselves, and stick it to ya in return --
      every time.

      It's remarkable how the same ploy gets played again
      and again and again ...

      That's all selves are is these ploys, so that's the last thing
      anyone is going to look into.

      The spiritual ploys somehow seem the worst of all, as
      bad as all the other ploys can be. There is something
      particularly nasty, vicious, and self-serving about
      the spiritualized self-ploys. I think it's because
      all the knives have to be covered up with lots
      of gooey love and wisdom.

      A favorite seems to be:
      It's fine with me to lose my self as long as I can
      tell everyone how deep from silence I'm speaking, or
      the amazing love bliss I now have, and we get
      to smugly congratulate and reinforce one another --
      and so on.

      But to look into that "act" and see that it's just
      another version of self -- that would be to suffer
      a real loss ...

      And that's the last thing any of these self-proclaimed
      realizers living in contentment and bliss want ...

      The claim of a loss that made me a special realizer
      living deep in silent bliss love
      is so much easier to deal with,
      and then I get to keep the suffering and call
      it blissful silence ... what could be better?

      -- Dan
    • devianandi
      Message 72 of 72 , Apr 2, 2003
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "freyjartist"
        <freyjartist@a...> wrote:
        > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Gene Poole"
        > <gene_poole@q...> wrote:
        > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, devianandi
        > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > what's wrong with being devious?
        > > >
        > > > it's just another activity of god, which is the only one here --

        > > > remember?
        > > >
        > > > no, i forgot but thanks for reminding me that in the beginning
        > > > alone existed i was perfect and tranquil and then something
        > stirred
        > > > and i divided into two, then those two divided into two and
        those
        > > > into two and into two and into two untill there were millions
        and
        > > > trillions of particles of my sparkly light god energies
        > everywhere
        > > > moving further and further away from my center, the
        sourse...and
        > down
        > > > down down went all those particles of God energies until a
        solid
        > > > point was reached and that particle of God energy became a
        stone
        > and
        > > > the material universes were formed and since there was no
        further
        > > > down to go those particles of god started to go back up up up
        and
        > > > after millions and trillions of divirse forms of existence your
        > > > almost home, to your sourse, which is me
        > >
        > > Cool!
        > >

        > > ==GP==
        >
        > Yes! Way cool!

        yes, thank you very much for your compliments,it's niice when a
        window of opportunity opens up and i get to goof around, you know
        evrytime i say something negative or hurtful it causes me pain..

        baba hari dass tells me to love God and love myself and i will see
        love everywhere...when i do this love god and love myself it really
        happens, i see love everywhere,,,but when i forget god and forget
        myself and look at negativity it's like that stone that catches all
        the mossss rolling down the hill,,,