Ganga and me

  • jodyrrr
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 31, 2003
      As I read the headers in this newsgroup I wonder, how
      can anyone trust that there are benefits to meditation
      when they can see some of us going at it like cats and
      dogs.

      It's a nominally unique circumstance. People who have
      come to nondual understanding bickering about obscure
      references and what they infer about one another.

      It goes a long way to proving my point.

      Nondual understanding does not necessarily change anything
      about the person it comes to. Those particular behavior
      patterns that are unique to an individual are still going to
      be there. You'll like what you used to and still avoid what
      you didn't. Patterns of preference remain.

      Ganga and I have fairly different patterns of preference.

      She maintains that one can speak from the silence, I believe
      anyone speaking to be illusory, including this voice you are
      now reading.

      She prefers a more traditional rendering of the value and
      importance of the guru. I believe there are some problems
      with the concept 'guru' as it has congealed in Western culture.

      I believe her practice was more traditional and within the
      context of an organization. My practice was almost entirely
      transgressive, my own interpretation as a left-handed shakta
      tantrika.

      In many ways we're the opposite, but as the Self we are identical,
      and the both of us know it.

      But knowing who you are doesn't change the fact that you are
      also a collection of behaviors and memories which reacts to
      situations in habitual ways. You may know in complete and
      utter clarity that you are not that collection, but that collection
      continues to function in the context of one's life, as Ganga and
      I have so aptly demonstrated for you tonight.
    • Jason Fishman
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 31, 2003
        Hi Jody,

        Your so very sweet... I personally hate sweets, they
        rot my teeth and make fat cells.

        It is imparative that I love everything I can't stand,
        that I no longer allow for personal preferences to
        hinder me. How so does this come about?

        To look apon another, to see everything I hate and
        everything I love about another equally so. This
        doesn't function as I do this, as I see these things I
        can't stand about you in me, it scares the shit outta
        me that I could ever be just like you, but there you
        are saying these things to me. How dare you?

        This isn't personal and I don't care, this is
        everything that can be said to be personal so now I
        care. You and I cannot allow this personal stuff and
        when we do allow this personal stuff we only see what
        is right about it. This happens now!

        Do you love me? I love you
        Do you hate me? I hate you
        Everything about you, I can't stand
        Everything about you, I love beyond words
        We walk together and nothing comes between.

        Don't be confused. I shake you and scream... Do you
        really know yourself?... Look at me! Do you see
        everything you can't stand about me in you? Do you see
        everything you can't live without in me? This is who
        you are, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it
        and nothing is taken personal. Lose yourself in my
        eyes and become me, the who you already are.

        You are my very survival, if you die, if you leave me,
        I've lost myself, how can I survive? I hate you for
        this leaving, but in your death, in this hate, there
        can only be me, loving you beyond words.

        Any moment you see something apart, some personal
        preference that you can't agree with, remember me,
        remember the person you hate so much that you can
        never be away from.

        Peace and Love

        http://platinum.yahoo.com