Meditation benefit

  • Jeff Belyea
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 30, 2003

      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 30, 2003

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 30, 2003

          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 30, 2003

            > > > of Dr. David Bohme and so many others)
            > > > point to and Holy Men for thousands
            > > > of years have been pointing to also."
            > > >
            > > > Nice gift wrapping, Swamiji.
            > > >
            > > > Enjoying the gift of life,
            > > >
            > > > Jeff
            > >
            > > devi: is it really that simple?
            >
            > yup.

            The words of Swami Swarupananda written above, explain exactly the
            way realization of truth happened to me, in a rising morning on july
            of 2001. I do not remember the date, for this happening didn't meant
            anything as extraordinary that it should
            be recorded with time, date, etc. It was the most ordinary, simple
            and absolutely evident knowing, (something like: "of course!!!!!!...
            how couldn't i had even imagined this before????....
            was i stupid or what?!!!") which immediately afterwards during the
            course of that same day, atonished, i could check with other people
            that this was not so easy to "understand" nor it meant that we were
            stupid at all. Now i know it is not "understandable" intellectually.
            What happened (and let me be very clear on this: it never ceases to
            happen, it is what is "happening' right now, here, you could
            say "all the time" just to use a conventional saying) was so simple,
            so natural, in the midst of sleep or waking!, (i do not know) that
            this is why i say that i did nothing for it, for "i" was not there.
            There is not a person that makes it, or deserves it, etc, because
            the person has to "disappear" for this event to take place. Ok, i
            have been seeking this Truth for all my life, but not when asleep,
            you know?
            Afterwards, the person that woke up, took the children to school and
            proceeded to live
            a quite common day in the middle of some neutral week, was a person
            that knew and understood something new, something that very
            naturally blew up every kind of held up belief or disbelief, which
            reaaaaally gave a liberating new sense of being and Living Life, and
            a slow growing and increasing flow of peace beneath all the mind's
            activities, which never ended, though began to slow down. Instead,
            from then on, these mind's activities didn't meant ever again a
            terrible struggle or suffering (to hold on to pain, as i understand
            the word suffering), but just only that: activities of the mind.
            That day i went through the book of Ramana Maharshi: "Talks", and
            looked for some explanation. Before that day, i had read that book
            many times, for so long, understanding nothing, but just small
            glances of what was said. But then i opened the book and found in
            the first glance something about the state called "Jagrat-Sushupti",
            a state of mind between the deep sleep and waking states, in which a
            Nirvikalpa Samadhi can take place. So this was the first explanation
            i had of this extraordinary-ordinary happening.

            "In that middle space between waking and sleeping, a state where
            theta brainwaves predominate, one has a chance of direct experience
            of truth. The conscious filters are down and after one becomes
            accustomed to the background noise of what is fashionably called the
            unconscious.....one has the chance for what many Eastern traditions
            call Samadhi...........................i.e. direct experience of the
            ONE.....that quantum physics (like the works of Dr. David Bohme and
            so many others) pointto and Holy Men for thousands of years have
            been pointing to also." Swami Swarupananda

            I am an experiential "witness" of this. Beyond it, (Realization of
            the truth), nothing can be more scientific.
            The issue here is that this "experiment" cannot be experienced by
            many at the same time so there is nothing to prove to "another",
            nothing "mind" can express nor define or explain, for what is
            realized is precisely that there is nothing else apart from I-I,
            which arises from Source, Pure Eternal Existence or whatever you may
            call it, not "many" or "several" individuals.
            Paradoxical???? you can bet.
            A scientific experiment to be done, lived, experienced, understood,
            checked and prooved by One alone.

            All the love,

            maria luisa