  • Jeff Belyea
    Message 1 of 21 , Mar 30, 2003
      Gene: And yet, there is no need
      for spiritual trappings, those are gift wrappings,
      and taken, as offered, what is endlessly
      proffered.

      Vast One -

      What?

      Jeff
    • judirhodes
      Message 2 of 21 , Mar 30, 2003
        <jeff@s...> wrote:
        > Gene: And yet, there is no need
        > for spiritual trappings, those are gift
        wrappings,
        > and taken, as offered, what is endlessly
        > proffered.
        >
        > Vast One -
        >
        > What?
        >
        > Jeff

        ********* Yeah, right, gee, I wonder what he means? :-)

        Does self masturbation, childish looking for attention have any
        relevance here?

        I was born at night, but not LAST nite!

        Judi
      • Gene Poole
        Message 3 of 21 , Mar 30, 2003
          "Jeff Belyea" <jeff@s...> wrote:

          > Gene: And yet, there is no need
          > for spiritual trappings, those are gift wrappings,
          > and taken, as offered, what is endlessly
          > proffered.
          >
          > Vast One -
          >
          > What?
          >
          > Jeff

          What do you mean by "What"?

          ==GP==
        • Gene Poole
          Message 4 of 21 , Mar 30, 2003
            "judirhodes" <judirhodes@z...> wrote:
            "Jeff Belyea" <jeff@s...> wrote:

            > > Gene: And yet, there is no need
            > > for spiritual trappings, those are gift
            > > wrappings, and taken, as offered, what is endlessly
            > > proffered.
            > >
            > > Vast One -
            > >
            > > What?
            > >
            > > Jeff
            >
            > ********* Yeah, right, gee, I wonder what he means? :-)
            >
            > Does self masturbation, childish looking for attention have any
            > relevance here?
            >
            > I was born at night, but not LAST nite!
            >
            > Judi

            O Mistress of accurate attribution...

            Please disclose, to whom your effulgent
            words, in the quoted message, were
            directed to, if it pleases you to do so...

            Your Most Humble servant...

            ==Gene Poole==
          • Jason Fishman
            Message 5 of 21 , Mar 30, 2003
              --- Jeff Belyea <jeff@...> wrote:
              > Gene: And yet, there is no need
              > for spiritual trappings, those
              > are gift wrappings,
              > and taken, as offered, what is
              > endlessly
              > proffered.
              >
              > Vast One -
              >
              > What?
              >
              > Jeff

              Think chicken or the egg till your mind glitchs sri jeffji.

              http://platinum.yahoo.com
            • Jeff Belyea
              Message 6 of 21 , Mar 30, 2003
                Judi -

                Relevance, oh, yes.

                Try reading Gene's response to
                Jody...one sentence at a time.

                I am interested in why Gene
                felt the need to add this
                particular comment, and why
                he preferred to use "the black"
                as a more explicit reference
                to what is perceived as
                to the unknown along the
                continum of nonlinear
                thought, than, for instance,
                Love, a term of choice selected
                by quantum physicists when
                the peeked inside the quark.

                Maybe you could clear it up for me.

                Is your redundant reference to
                "self masturbation" a nondual
                thesis?

                All the love,

                Jeff
              • Jeff Belyea
                Message 7 of 21 , Mar 30, 2003
                  --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Gene Poole" <
                  gene_poole@q...> wrote:
                  > "Jeff Belyea" <jeff@s...> wrote:
                  >
                  > > Gene: And yet, there is no need
                  > > for spiritual trappings, those are gift wrappings,
                  > > and taken, as offered, what is endlessly
                  > > proffered.
                  > >
                  > > Vast One -
                  > >
                  > > What?
                  > >
                  > > Jeff
                  >
                  > What do you mean by "What"?
                  >

                  > ==GP==

                  Just looking for a bit of
                  elucidation on this comment
                  about, "no need for spiritual
                  trappings".

                  Thanks,

                  Jeff
                • judirhodes
                  Message 8 of 21 , Mar 30, 2003
                    <gene_poole@q...> wrote:
                    > "judirhodes" <judirhodes@z...> wrote:
                    > "Jeff Belyea" <jeff@s...> wrote:
                    >
                    > > > Gene: And yet, there is no need
                    > > > for spiritual trappings, those are gift
                    > > > wrappings, and taken, as offered, what is endlessly
                    > > > proffered.
                    > > >
                    > > > Vast One -
                    > > >
                    > > > What?
                    > > >
                    > > > Jeff
                    > >
                    > > ********* Yeah, right, gee, I wonder what he means? :-)
                    > >
                    > > Does self masturbation, childish looking for attention have any
                    > > relevance here?
                    > >
                    > > I was born at night, but not LAST nite!
                    > >
                    > > Judi
                    >
                    > O Mistress of accurate attribution...
                    >
                    > Please disclose, to whom your effulgent
                    > words, in the quoted message, were
                    > directed to, if it pleases you to do so...
                    >
                    > Your Most Humble servant...
                    >
                    > ==Gene Poole==

                    ******** I was talking to Jeff. I wanted to help clear it up for
                    him. :-)

                    I live to serve. :-)

                    Judi
                  • Gene Poole
                    Message 9 of 21 , Mar 30, 2003
                      "judirhodes" <judirhodes@z...> wrote:
                      "Gene Poole"
                      > <gene_poole@q...> wrote:

                      > > > ********* Yeah, right, gee, I wonder what he means? :-)
                      > > >
                      > > > Does self masturbation, childish looking for attention have any
                      > > > relevance here?
                      > > >
                      > > > I was born at night, but not LAST nite!
                      > > >
                      > > > Judi
                      > >
                      > > O Mistress of accurate attribution...
                      > >
                      > > Please disclose, to whom your effulgent
                      > > words, in the quoted message, were
                      > > directed to, if it pleases you to do so...
                      > >
                      > > Your Most Humble servant...
                      > >
                      > > ==Gene Poole==
                      >
                      > ******** I was talking to Jeff. I wanted to help clear it up for
                      > him. :-)
                      >
                      > I live to serve. :-)
                      >
                      > Judi

                      My thanks, O timely one...

                      It is as you say...

                      Thank you for clearing the cobwebs
                      of confusion from my convoluted cortex...

                      ==GP==
                    • judirhodes
                      Message 10 of 21 , Mar 30, 2003
                        <jeff@s...> wrote:
                        > Judi -
                        >
                        > Relevance, oh, yes.
                        >
                        > Try reading Gene's response to
                        > Jody...one sentence at a time.
                        >
                        > I am interested in why Gene
                        > felt the need to add this
                        > particular comment, and why
                        > he preferred to use "the black"
                        > as a more explicit reference
                        > to what is perceived as
                        > to the unknown along the
                        > continum of nonlinear
                        > thought, than, for instance,
                        > Love, a term of choice selected
                        > by quantum physicists when
                        > the peeked inside the quark.
                        >
                        > Maybe you could clear it up for me.

                        ******** Why don't you ask Gene, maybe a grown man could "explain" it
                        to you better!

                        > Is your redundant reference to
                        > "self masturbation" a nondual
                        > thesis?

                        ****** Yes, I should write a song about it.

                        Judi

                        > All the love,
                        >
                        > Jeff
                      • Jeff Belyea
                        Message 11 of 21 , Mar 30, 2003
                          --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "judirhodes" <
                          judirhodes@z...> wrote:

                          > ******** Why don't you ask Gene, maybe a grown man could "explain" it
                          > to you better!

                          I did, but then...
                          along came Rhodes.
                        • Gene Poole
                          Message 12 of 21 , Mar 30, 2003
                            "Jeff Belyea" <jeff@s...> wrote:
                            "Gene Poole" > gene_poole@q...> wrote:
                            > > "Jeff Belyea" <jeff@s...> wrote:
                            > >
                            > > > Gene: And yet, there is no need
                            > > >for spiritual trappings, those are gift wrappings,
                            > > >and taken, as offered, what is endlessly
                            > > > proffered.
                            > > >
                            > > > Vast One -
                            > > >
                            > > > What?
                            > > >
                            > > > Jeff
                            > >
                            > > What do you mean by "What"?
                            > >

                            > > ==GP==
                            >
                            > Just looking for a bit of
                            > elucidation on this comment
                            > about, "no need for spiritual
                            > trappings".
                            >
                            > Thanks,
                            >
                            > Jeff

                            Hi Jeff...

                            OK... although I would assume
                            that you already know...

                            "And yet, there is no need
                            for spiritual trappings, those are gift wrappings,
                            and taken, as offered, what is endlessly proffered."

                            It is endlessly given; some folks will receive only
                            in self-defined circumstances, "spiritual trappings".

                            There is debate ongoing concerning 'correct'
                            spiritual practices...

                            yet, naked is the way...

                            Unadorned and unashamed...

                            ==GP==
                          • Jeff Belyea
                            Message 13 of 21 , Mar 30, 2003
                              gene_poole@q...> wrote:
                              > "Jeff Belyea" <jeff@s...> wrote:

                              > > > What do you mean by "What"?
                              > > >

                              > > > ==GP==
                              > >
                              > > Just looking for a bit of
                              > > elucidation on this comment
                              > > about, "no need for spiritual
                              > > trappings".
                              > >
                              > > Thanks,
                              > >
                              > > Jeff
                              >
                              > Hi Jeff...
                              >
                              > OK... although I would assume
                              > that you already know...
                              >
                              > "And yet, there is no need
                              > for spiritual trappings, those are gift wrappings,
                              > and taken, as offered, what is endlessly proffered."
                              >
                              > It is endlessly given; some folks will receive only
                              > in self-defined circumstances, "spiritual trappings".
                              >
                              > There is debate ongoing concerning 'correct'
                              > spiritual practices...
                              >
                              > yet, naked is the way...
                              >
                              > Unadorned and unashamed...
                              >
                              > ==GP==

                              Thanks, Gene. Ain't that
                              the naked truth. Them dern
                              fundamentalists is everywhere.

                              Peace and quark contents,

                              Jeff
                            • devianandi
                              Message 14 of 21 , Mar 30, 2003

                                > Does self masturbation, childish looking for attention have any
                                > relevance here?
                                >

                                > Judi

                                how many times a day *do* you masterbate?
                                smiles
                                be honest !
                              • devianandi
                                Message 15 of 21 , Mar 30, 2003
                                  <jeff@s...> wrote:
                                  > Judi -
                                  >
                                  > Relevance, oh, yes.
                                  >
                                  > Try reading Gene's response to
                                  > Jody...one sentence at a time.
                                  >
                                  > I am interested in why Gene
                                  > felt the need to add this
                                  > particular comment, and why
                                  > he preferred to use "the black"
                                  > as a more explicit reference
                                  > to what is perceived as
                                  > to the unknown along the
                                  > continum of nonlinear
                                  > thought, than, for instance,
                                  > Love, a term of choice selected
                                  > by quantum physicists when
                                  > the peeked inside the quark.
                                  >
                                  > Maybe you could clear it up for me.
                                  >
                                  > Is your redundant reference to
                                  > "self masturbation" a nondual
                                  > thesis?
                                  >
                                  > All the love,
                                  >
                                  > Jeff

                                  haha, that's very funny, jeff
                                • devianandi
                                  Message 16 of 21 , Mar 30, 2003
                                    <jeff@s...> wrote:
                                    > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "judirhodes" <
                                    > judirhodes@z...> wrote:
                                    >
                                    > > ******** Why don't you ask Gene, maybe a grown man
                                    could "explain" it
                                    > > to you better!
                                    > >

                                    > I did, but then...
                                    > along came Rhodes.

                                    jeff, you know this is a very interesting comment because i was
                                    thinking very strongly that judi is really a male in a femal body,
                                    seriously.
                                  • Jeff Belyea
                                    Message 17 of 21 , Mar 30, 2003
                                      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, devianandi <
                                      no_reply@y...> wrote:
                                      > <jeff@s...> wrote:
                                      > > Judi -
                                      > >
                                      > > Relevance, oh, yes.
                                      > >
                                      > > Try reading Gene's response to
                                      > > Jody...one sentence at a time.
                                      > >
                                      > > I am interested in why Gene
                                      > > felt the need to add this
                                      > > particular comment, and why
                                      > > he preferred to use "the black"
                                      > > as a more explicit reference
                                      > > to what is perceived as
                                      > > to the unknown along the
                                      > > continum of nonlinear
                                      > > thought, than, for instance,
                                      > > Love, a term of choice selected
                                      > > by quantum physicists when
                                      > > the peeked inside the quark.
                                      > >
                                      > > Maybe you could clear it up for me.
                                      > >
                                      > > Is your redundant reference to
                                      > > "self masturbation" a nondual
                                      > > thesis?
                                      > >
                                      > > All the love,
                                      > >
                                      > > Jeff
                                      >
                                      > haha, that's very funny, jeff

                                      Hi Devi -

                                      It's all entertainment.

                                      Enjoying life,

                                      Jeff
                                    • Jeff Belyea
                                      Message 18 of 21 , Nov 3, 2004
                                        Pardon. I posted and
                                        then deleted to correct
                                        a glaring mis-type.

                                        Then re-posted the
                                        corrected post.

                                        Time to meditate and
                                        ssssllllloooooow down.
                                      • bhalla sandeep
                                        Message 19 of 21 , Nov 3, 2004

                                          Jeff Belyea <jeff@...> wrote:

                                          Pardon. I posted and
                                          then deleted to correct
                                          a glaring mis-type.

                                          Then re-posted the
                                          corrected post.

                                          Time to meditate and
                                          ssssllllloooooow down.

                                          hi jeff, this is sandeep here in india. i really did not get your message. hey tell me how do you meditate. what do you do or not do in meditation. do write and interact with me as we will mutually gain from each other.bye for now

                                          Do you Yahoo!?
                                        • Jeff Belyea
                                          Message 20 of 21 , Nov 4, 2004
                                            Hi Sandeep -

                                            My meditation is a simple one.
                                            I rarely sit for formal meditation,
                                            although I did for several years.
                                            Now my meditation is more ongoing,
                                            an undercurrent of daily activity.

                                            The meditation I teach is to:

                                            On occasion simply stop and
                                            come into the present moment
                                            and present environment - just
                                            allow for a quiet awareness,
                                            without any internal dialogue
                                            (as much as possible).

                                            Then, maintaining the quiet
                                            awareness, notice your breathing -
                                            and follow the flow of inhaling
                                            and exhaling. Allow the quiet
                                            relaxation this brings to move
                                            you into longer and longer
                                            periods of silence, without
                                            the internal dialogue. To
                                            help sustain this:

                                            Next, "listen" internally and
                                            focus attention in the area
                                            of the heart. With each breath,
                                            listen for the message of
                                            the "mystic heart", a nonverbal
                                            "wisdom whisper".

                                            For some, this wisdom whisper
                                            is "heard" after only a few
                                            meditations, and for others it
                                            takes years.

                                            For the beginning meditator,
                                            I suggest a formal schedule
                                            and sitting for meditation in
                                            a prepared environment.

                                            For experienced meditators,
                                            this can be done while eyes
                                            are opened or closed, and
                                            while engaged in other activity.

                                            --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, bhalla
                                            sandeep <gradbm@y...> wrote:

                                            > Jeff B Belyea <jeff@m...> wrote:
                                            >
                                            > Pardon. I posted and
                                            > then deleted to correct
                                            > a glaring mis-type.
                                            >
                                            > Then re-posted the
                                            > corrected post.
                                            >
                                            > Time to meditate and
                                            > ssssllllloooooow down.
                                            >

                                            > hi jeff, this is sandeep here in india. i really did not get your
                                            message. hey tell me how do you meditate. what do you do or
                                            not do in meditation. do write and interact with me as we will
                                            mutually gain from each other.bye for now

                                            > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                                            > Get unlimited calls to
                                            >
                                            > U.S./Canada

                                            Service.

                                          • bhalla sandeep
                                            Message 21 of 21 , Nov 4, 2004

                                              sandeep <gradbm@y...> wrote:

                                              > Jeff B Belyea <jeff@m...> wrote:
                                              >
                                              > Pardon. I posted and
                                              > then deleted to correct
                                              > a glaring mis-type.
                                              >
                                              > Then re-posted the
                                              > corrected post.
                                              >
                                              > Time to meditate and
                                              > ssssllllloooooow down.
                                              >

                                              > hi jeff, this is sandeep here in india. i really did not get your
                                              message. hey tell me how do you meditate. what do you do or
                                              not do in meditation. do write and interact with me as we will
                                              mutually gain from each other.bye for now

                                              > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                                              > Get unlimited calls to
                                              >
                                              > U.S./Canada

                                              Service.