Re: THE ESSENCE OF A MEDITATION SITE / Judi

  • judirhodes
    Message 1 of 126 , Mar 28, 2003
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "dan330033"
      <dan330033@y...> wrote:
      > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "judirhodes"
      > <judirhodes@z...> wrote:
      > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "dan330033"
      > > <dan330033@y...> wrote:
      > > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "judirhodes"
      > keep
      > > the
      > > very
      > > you
      > but
      > > > if

      > > > Stated very clearly, Judi.
      > > >
      > > > Thank you.
      > > >
      > > > It reminds me of what D. T. Suzuki
      > > > once said about the difference
      > > > between meditation for those who
      > > > advocate concentration on a phrase,
      > > > an image, or a state of being --
      > > > which he saw as producing a desired
      > > > state of being --
      > > > and meditation in Zen, which is
      > > > a breaking-through ...
      > > >
      > > > -- Dan
      > >

      > > ******* Yes, it's a complete break down and ending of the
      > > experiential "being" altogether.
      > >
      > > And round and round they go!
      > >
      > > Judi
      >
      > True.
      >
      > And, apparently, people get concerned that this
      > *insight* could interfere with their meditation!
      >
      > Well, sure -- this could interfere with "meditation as my
      > personal project -- with all the peace and calm
      > I get to experience and all the unwanted emotions
      > I get to supress" --
      > and yet, this insight is *the heart
      > of meditation.*
      >
      > It's funny to hear *insight* being discussed
      > as a distraction from meditation, or as
      > a way to sharpen the intellect!
      >
      > The challenge is whether energy gets put into
      > the meditational activity as a means to
      > benefit the self by promoting positive states --
      > or whether there is looking into the assumed self and its
      > identified projects of being in specified
      > states -- meditation a, or meditation x.
      >
      > -- Dan

      ******* Yes, explained very well Dan. And what we're seeing here with
      these guys is exactly what Grudjieff said about it, "People are
      willing to sacrifice all the pleasures you like, but they will not
      give up their suffering." They LOVE it! And what's funny is, they
      argue to keep it! :-) That's *who* they think they are and that's all
      there is to it. "Self" masturbation.

      Judi
    • judirhodes
      Message 126 of 126 , Mar 28, 2003