Re: Meditation / Devi

  • dan330033
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 27 2:01 PM
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, devianandi
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:

      > > Sometimes, it seems funny the way
      > > our words and attitudes make
      > > little world-boxes for selves.
      > >
      > > A spiritualized world-box is just
      > > as much a world-box as a
      > > material one.
      > >
      > > If there is anything to meditation,
      > > it is breaking the sense of
      > > confinement in the box of
      > > me against not-me,
      > > meditation against not-meditation,
      > > know somethings against know nothings.
      > >
      > > -- Dan
      >
      > devi: dan, nice to know you meditate....

      Yes -- I guess you can say there is meditation a,
      which is meditation as a specific
      activity, guided in a certain direction, to
      achieve specific results.

      And, there is meditation x, which is not an agenda,
      not a way to do things and get certain results,
      but is your own being/awareness without walls,
      without separations or comparisons.

      Meditation x is often linked to inquiry, because
      inquiry dissolves the walls that never really
      existed except as a way of interpreting,
      planning, and existing.

      The first meditation is an activity occurring within
      the second meditation -- within which all activities
      occur, and which is the "backdrop" for all happenings --
      yet itself never happens.

      Meditation is a word, like god, like enlightenment,
      like realization, that gets used in many different ways.

      Zen or Ch'an means meditation, yet that kind of meditation
      is quite different than the raja yoga Bob refers to --
      for example challenges of a confrontive nature are much
      more common in Zen, particularly the Rinzai version.

      Peace,
      Dan