Re: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Group med

  • Jason Fishman
    Message 1 of 20 , Mar 2, 2003
      --- "satkartar7 <mi_nok@...>" <mi_nok@...>

      <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/paintings/my-paintings.html>

      > ----love,
      > Karta

      Beautiful website by a beautiful woman, thank you for
      sharing.

      Peace and Love

      http://taxes.yahoo.com/
    • texasbg2000 <Bigbobgraham@aol.com>
      Message 2 of 20 , Mar 2, 2003
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "satkartar7
        <mi_nok@y...>" <mi_nok@y...> wrote:
        > <Bigbobgraham@a...> wrote:
        > >

        > > K: yes, i second this Bobby, i feel
        > > privileged to be among you all i
        > > felt the psyche of the group
        > > yesterday .. it was elevating
        > >
        > > and inspiring
        > > Bobby, you inspired me to go back and
        > > play with my paints, thanks
        > > ---love,
        > > Karta
        > >
        > > Good Karta, I hope you will share your images. I love visuals.
        When
        > > you look closely at what is honestly painted it is like reading a
        > > book on the painter.
        > >
        > > I intend to take the five minutes every morning to link up.
        > >
        > > Love
        > > Bobby G.
        >
        > hi Bobby, i am in transit toward
        > webdesign and a digital yantra-mandala
        > paint style.
        >
        > My "real" [not for money but they
        > are in privi now] artwork was like
        > Frida Khallo's: freaky inner
        > spiritual trips; like a skeleton
        > sitting on a globe while 4 snakes
        > blowing fire through her spinal-cord
        > and her winking head [my portrait]
        > is under her armpit winking and
        > smiling stoically.
        >
        > i only have my early work online the
        > 'naiive' aka Primitive ones
        >
        > <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/paintings/my-paintings.html>
        >
        > ----love,
        > Karta

        Wow Karta. Thank you for the link. I really enjoyed your website.
        really incredible. Your work is fantastic. I feel left out that I
        have not seen these before.

        It would be nice to see something else from time to time, sketches or
        ideas.

        As children we are taught to read by learning letters that make up
        words. The visual elements could be taught in the same way. One
        learns to see a series of arcs, rhythms of vertical lines. Shapes
        are always indicative of the basic elements of aggression, sex,
        community, on and on forever. The textures we choose and the colors
        can communicate feelings of harmony or discord or simplicity or
        confusion.

        Speaking with pictures is more communicative of truth than with words
        IMO.

        Beautifully said. Your images really want to give hope to people.

        Love
        Bobby G.
      • dan330033 <dan330033@yahoo.com>
        Message 3 of 20 , Mar 2, 2003
          > Wow Karta. Thank you for the link. I really enjoyed your
          website.
          > really incredible. Your work is fantastic. I feel left out that I
          > have not seen these before.

          Yes, thanks for the link, Karta.

          Very life-ful, warm, and energizing!

          Peace,
          Dan
        • G <crystalkundalini@hotmail.com>
          Message 4 of 20 , Mar 2, 2003
            "texasbg2000 <Bigbobgraham@a...>" <Bigbobgraham@a...>
            wrote:
            "satkartar7
            > <mi_nok@y...>" <mi_nok@y...> wrote:
            > > <Bigbobgraham@a...> wrote:
            > > >

            > > > K: yes, i second this Bobby, i feel
            > > > privileged to be among you all i
            > > > felt the psyche of the group
            > > > yesterday .. it was elevating
            > > >
            > > > and inspiring
            > > > Bobby, you inspired me to go back and
            > > > play with my paints, thanks
            > > > ---love,
            > > > Karta
            > > >
            > > > Good Karta, I hope you will share your images. I love
            visuals.
            > When
            > > > you look closely at what is honestly painted it is like reading
            > > > book on the painter.
            > > >
            > > > I intend to take the five minutes every morning to link up.
            > > >
            > > > Love
            > > > Bobby G.
            > >
            > > hi Bobby, i am in transit toward
            > > webdesign and a digital yantra-mandala
            > > paint style.
            > >
            > > My "real" [not for money but they
            > > are in privi now] artwork was like
            > > Frida Khallo's: freaky inner
            > > spiritual trips; like a skeleton
            > > sitting on a globe while 4 snakes
            > > blowing fire through her spinal-cord
            > > and her winking head [my portrait]
            > > is under her armpit winking and
            > > smiling stoically.
            > >
            > > i only have my early work online the
            > > 'naiive' aka Primitive ones

            <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/paintings/my-paintings.html

            > > ----love,
            > > Karta
            >
            > Wow Karta. Thank you for the link. I really enjoyed your
            website.
            > really incredible. Your work is fantastic. I feel left out that I
            > have not seen these before.
            >
            > It would be nice to see something else from time to time,
            sketches or
            > ideas.
            >
            > As children we are taught to read by learning letters that make
            up
            > words. The visual elements could be taught in the same way.
            One
            > learns to see a series of arcs, rhythms of vertical lines.
            Shapes
            > are always indicative of the basic elements of aggression, sex,
            > community, on and on forever. The textures we choose and
            the colors
            > can communicate feelings of harmony or discord or simplicity
            or
            > confusion.
            >
            > Speaking with pictures is more communicative of truth than
            with words
            > IMO.
            >
            > Beautifully said. Your images really want to give hope to
            people.

            > Love
            > Bobby G.

            G: great pictures... isn't this in the style of grandma moses?
            perhaps i am wrong as not up on all the styles or names...
            but i have seen this type of work by another artist that is very
            well known just hope the name is right..... but in any case it
            is very nice work.......

            shanti om ....g...
          • dan330033 <dan330033@yahoo.com>
            Message 5 of 20 , Mar 2, 2003
              > G: great pictures... isn't this in the style of grandma moses?
              > perhaps i am wrong as not up on all the styles or names...
              > but i have seen this type of work by another artist that is
              very
              > well known just hope the name is right..... but in any
              case it
              > is very nice work.......
              >
              > shanti om ....g...

              Yes, it's quite different than Bobby's style.

              More "primitive" in the sense that perspective
              is flat -- in the style of Grandma Moses --
              and others I've seen.

              Quite wonderful!

              -- Dan
            • dan330033 <dan330033@yahoo.com>
              Message 6 of 20 , Mar 2, 2003
                Bob --

                Thanks for explaining about the
                fake headers.

                The stuff you didn't explain -- I think
                it would be ethical to explain -- I'll
                leave it at that.

                There certainly is evidence for an escalating
                animosity and rage being expressed in posts.
                And banning someone whose style of posting
                doesn't fit your vision for the list, certainly
                makes sense.

                -- Dan
              • tosime
                Message 7 of 20 , Mar 2, 2003
                  Hi Karta,

                  Your paintings are really striking. I was instantly attracted to Portofino
                  and imagined it on my living room wall!

                  A few minutes ago my little daughter came and exclaimed "wow!". I looked
                  around to see what see was looking at and discovered she was staring at your
                  pictures on my PC screen. "Coool!". (She is 5). "I love it!".

                  "Which one do you like best", I asked. "This one (pointing at Portofino) and
                  this one (pointing at Village Scenery)".
                  "Can you print them out?", she asked. "Can you make the horses walk?".

                  Right then her mother came in and administered a little smack on her
                  bottom - "You should be asleep, you have school tomorrow..."

                  Thanks for a wonderful experience from my daughter and I.

                  ...Tony
                • tosime
                  Message 8 of 20 , Mar 2, 2003
                    Back again,

                    My daughter is back again, this time we are both looking at your "About my
                    paintings" text. This is my daughter's message...
                    "My name is Aima and Mr. Tony... I like your panting. Her hair is yellow,
                    her face is yellow and I like what you do on the paintings..."

                    Incidentally, I was in Budapest about 2 years ago - Beautiful city. I
                    enjoyed a night time boat ride on the Danube.

                    ...Tony

                  • satkartar7 <mi_nok@yahoo.com>
                    Message 9 of 20 , Mar 2, 2003
                      dear Tony and everyone who sent
                      encouraging lines about the naiives;

                      thank you all it warms my hear greatly.
                      <smiles> and it is INSPIRATIONAL

                      i don't paint in the Primitive
                      Grandma Mozes style any more she was
                      72 years old when she started to paint
                      ..amazing

                      Tony please give a kiss to your sweet daughter for me.

                      as i understand we are meditationg
                      every day at 7pst ?

                      ----love,
                      Karta

                    • satkartar7 <mi_nok@yahoo.com>
                      Message 10 of 20 , Mar 2, 2003
                        i a confused i got an e-mail from
                        the doc which i can't see online

                        IS THIS A WEB WIZARD? from Jason??

                        From DrDaryl Sun Mar 2 06:03:19 2003X-Apparently-To:mi_nok@... via 21=
                        6.136.227.111; 02 Mar 2003 06:03:21 -0800 (PST)Return-Path:<sentto-5401631-4=
                        610-1046613800-mi_nok=yahoo.com@...>Received:from 66.21=
                        8.66.106 (HELO n38.grp.scd.yahoo.com) (66.218.66.106) by qmail5.mail.sc5.yah=
                        oo.com with SMTP; 02 Mar 2003 06:03:20 -0800 (PST)X-eGroups-Return:sentto-54=
                        01631-4610-1046613800-mi_nok=yahoo.com@...:from=
                        [66.218.67.198] by n38.grp.scd.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 02 Mar 2003 14:03:20 -=
                        0000X-Sender:drdaryl@...-Apparently-To:meditationsocietyofamerica@yah=
                        oogroups.comReceived:(EGP: mail-8_2_3_4); 2 Mar 2003 14:03:19 -0000Received:=
                        (qmail 72126 invoked from network); 2 Mar 2003 14:03:19 -0000Received:from u=
                        nknown (66.218.66.218) by m5.grp.scd.yahoo.com with QMQP; 2 Mar 2003 14:03:1=
                        9 -0000Received:from unknown (HELO web13405.mail.yahoo.com) (216.136.175.63)=
                        by mta3.grp.scd.yahoo.com with SMTP; 2 Mar 2003 14:03:19 -0000Message-ID:<2=
                        0030302140319.76515.qmail@...>Received:from [62.252.32.5=
                        ] by web13405.mail.yahoo.com via HTTP; Sun, 02 Mar 2003 06:03:19 PSTTo:medit=
                        ationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.comX-eGroups-From:DrDaryl <drdaryl@yahoo.c=
                        om>From: "DrDaryl" <munkiman4u@...> | This is Spam | Add to Address Bo=
                        okX-Yahoo-Profile:munkiman4uMIME-Version:1.0Mailing-List:list meditationsoci=
                        etyofamerica@yahoogroups.com; contact meditationsocietyofamerica-owner@yahoo=
                        omPrecedence:bulkList-Unsubscribe:<mailto:meditationsocietyofamerica-unsubsc=
                        ribe@yahoogroups.com>Date:Sun, 2 Mar 2003 06:03:19 -0800 (PST)Subject:[Medit=
                        ation Society of America] Re: Sat Guru Bramananda AtmanReply-to:meditationso=
                        cietyofamerica@yahoogroups.comContent-Type:multipart/alternative; boundary="=
                        aopyUb7M0smzcfNBeymyTF6mSsfslbOzqMq9hl0"Content-Length:1806

                        Message 11 of 20 , Mar 2, 2003

                          > G: great pictures... isn't this in the style of grandma moses?
                          > perhaps i am wrong as not up on all the styles or names...
                          > but i have seen this type of work by another artist that is
                          very
                          > well known just hope the name is right..... but in any
                          case it
                          > is very nice work.......
                          >
                          > shanti om ....g...

                          Hi Ganga:

                          As Dan said it is called primitive in this country a lot. Although
                          some is now being called "Outsider Art" I believe. Grandma Moses
                          was one. In New Orleans it was Clementine Hunter. The work is very
                          telling about upbringing and outlook on life. It is very unaffected
                          or without affectations. Pure. And even though see is currently
                          doing something different, Karta should know it is very popular in
                          this country. A lot of collectors and galleries.

                          Love
                          Bobby G.
                          Message 12 of 20 , Mar 2, 2003
                            Well, I'm not all that compu-competent, but it looks like you have
                            received the proof of and "explanation" to everything - Dr Daryl fakes
                            others names and posts as them. Why he does this is only known to him,
                            if he indeed he even knows. I don't know and only want it out of our
                            environment. I'm forwarding this to Yahoo, so they can deal with it,
                            and personally will devote as close to zero energy to Dr Daryl as
                            possible.

                            Message 13 of 20 , Mar 2, 2003
                              Well, I know it took out my web mail for about an hour
                              the other day. I expect yahoo is "hard" at work trying
                              to figure it out! (yea right)

                              The shinanagans never cease

                              Message 14 of 20 , Mar 2, 2003
                                --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Jason
                                Fishman <munkiman4u@y...> wrote:
                                > Well, I know it took out my web mail for about an hour
                                > the other day. I expect yahoo is "hard" at work trying
                                > to figure it out! (yea right)
                                >
                                > The shinanagans never cease

                                G: i couldn't post to my groups or any group.... had to go in an
                                re-activate my mail......

                                shanti om ....g..
                              • satkartar7 <mi_nok@yahoo.com>
                                Message 15 of 20 , Mar 2, 2003