Re: Group med

  • texasbg2000 <Bigbobgraham@aol.com>
    Message 1 of 20 , Mar 2, 2003

      > yes, i second this Bobby, i feel
      > privileged to be among you all i
      > felt the psyche of the group
      > yesterday .. it was elevating
      >
      > and inspiring
      > Bobby, you inspired me to go back and
      > play with my paints, thanks
      > ---love,
      > Karta

      Good Karta, I hope you will share your images. I love visuals. When
      you look closely at what is honestly painted it is like reading a
      book on the painter.

      I intend to take the five minutes every morning to link up.

      Love
      Bobby G.
    • satkartar7 <mi_nok@yahoo.com>
      Message 2 of 20 , Mar 2, 2003
        <Bigbobgraham@a...> wrote:

        > K: yes, i second this Bobby, i feel
        > privileged to be among you all i
        > felt the psyche of the group
        > yesterday .. it was elevating
        >
        > and inspiring
        > Bobby, you inspired me to go back and
        > play with my paints, thanks
        > ---love,
        > Karta
        >
        > Good Karta, I hope you will share your images. I love visuals. When
        > you look closely at what is honestly painted it is like reading a
        > book on the painter.
        >
        > I intend to take the five minutes every morning to link up.
        >
        > Love
        > Bobby G.

        hi Bobby, i am in transit toward
        webdesign and a digital yantra-mandala
        paint style.

        My "real" [not for money but they
        are in privi now] artwork was like
        Frida Khallo's: freaky inner
        spiritual trips; like a skeleton
        sitting on a globe while 4 snakes
        blowing fire through her spinal-cord
        and her winking head [my portrait]
        is under her armpit winking and
        smiling stoically.

        i only have my early work online the
        'naiive' aka Primitive ones

        <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/paintings/my-paintings.html>

        ----love,
        Karta
      • lakshmi38586 <freyjartist@aol.com>
        Message 3 of 20 , Mar 2, 2003
          --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "satkartar7
          <mi_nok@y...>" <mi_nok@y...> wrote:
          > <Bigbobgraham@a...> wrote:
          > >

          > > K: yes, i second this Bobby, i feel
          > > privileged to be among you all i
          > > felt the psyche of the group
          > > yesterday .. it was elevating
          > >
          > > and inspiring
          > > Bobby, you inspired me to go back and
          > > play with my paints, thanks
          > > ---love,
          > > Karta
          > >
          > > Good Karta, I hope you will share your images. I love visuals.
          When
          > > you look closely at what is honestly painted it is like reading a
          > > book on the painter.
          > >
          > > I intend to take the five minutes every morning to link up.
          > >
          > > Love
          > > Bobby G.
          >
          > hi Bobby, i am in transit toward
          > webdesign and a digital yantra-mandala
          > paint style.
          >
          > My "real" [not for money but they
          > are in privi now] artwork was like
          > Frida Khallo's: freaky inner
          > spiritual trips; like a skeleton
          > sitting on a globe while 4 snakes
          > blowing fire through her spinal-cord
          > and her winking head [my portrait]
          > is under her armpit winking and
          > smiling stoically.
          >
          > i only have my early work online the
          > 'naiive' aka Primitive ones
          >
          > <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/paintings/my-paintings.html>
          >
          > ----love,
          > Karta

          Karta,

          Thank you so much for posting the link
          to your paintings...I very much enjoyed
          seeing them... the sense of design,
          the playfulness :-)
          so now between you and Bobby, i am inspired
          to draw and paint again!

          Frida Kahlo's work i find amazing...
          her life and her work were so tightly woven
          together, perhaps more than any other famous
          artist...
          i have a couple of books with her art
          and her story..

          It is planned to discuss her biography
          in our book club, this month i believe.

          Thanks again for sharing....

          love
          Freyja
        • Jason Fishman
          Message 4 of 20 , Mar 2, 2003
            --- "satkartar7 <mi_nok@...>" <mi_nok@...>
            wrote:
            > <Bigbobgraham@a...> wrote:
            > >

            > > K: yes, i second this Bobby, i feel
            > > privileged to be among you all i
            > > felt the psyche of the group
            > > yesterday .. it was elevating
            > >
            > > and inspiring
            > > Bobby, you inspired me to go back and
            > > play with my paints, thanks
            > > ---love,
            > > Karta
            > >
            > > Good Karta, I hope you will share your images. I
            > love visuals. When
            > > you look closely at what is honestly painted it is
            > like reading a
            > > book on the painter.
            > >
            > > I intend to take the five minutes every morning
            > to link up.
            > >
            > > Love
            > > Bobby G.
            >
            > hi Bobby, i am in transit toward
            > webdesign and a digital yantra-mandala
            > paint style.
            >
            > My "real" [not for money but they
            > are in privi now] artwork was like
            > Frida Khallo's: freaky inner
            > spiritual trips; like a skeleton
            > sitting on a globe while 4 snakes
            > blowing fire through her spinal-cord
            > and her winking head [my portrait]
            > is under her armpit winking and
            > smiling stoically.
            >
            > i only have my early work online the
            > 'naiive' aka Primitive ones

            <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/paintings/my-paintings.html>

            > ----love,
            > Karta

            Beautiful website by a beautiful woman, thank you for
            sharing.

            Peace and Love

            http://taxes.yahoo.com/
          • texasbg2000 <Bigbobgraham@aol.com>
            Message 5 of 20 , Mar 2, 2003
              <mi_nok@y...>" <mi_nok@y...> wrote:
              > <Bigbobgraham@a...> wrote:
              > >

              > > K: yes, i second this Bobby, i feel
              > > privileged to be among you all i
              > > felt the psyche of the group
              > > yesterday .. it was elevating
              > >
              > > and inspiring
              > > Bobby, you inspired me to go back and
              > > play with my paints, thanks
              > > ---love,
              > > Karta
              > >
              > > Good Karta, I hope you will share your images. I love visuals.
              When
              > > you look closely at what is honestly painted it is like reading a
              > > book on the painter.
              > >
              > > I intend to take the five minutes every morning to link up.
              > >
              > > Love
              > > Bobby G.
              >
              > hi Bobby, i am in transit toward
              > webdesign and a digital yantra-mandala
              > paint style.
              >
              > My "real" [not for money but they
              > are in privi now] artwork was like
              > Frida Khallo's: freaky inner
              > spiritual trips; like a skeleton
              > sitting on a globe while 4 snakes
              > blowing fire through her spinal-cord
              > and her winking head [my portrait]
              > is under her armpit winking and
              > smiling stoically.
              >
              > i only have my early work online the
              > 'naiive' aka Primitive ones
              >
              > <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/paintings/my-paintings.html>
              >
              > ----love,
              > Karta

              Wow Karta. Thank you for the link. I really enjoyed your website.
              really incredible. Your work is fantastic. I feel left out that I
              have not seen these before.

              It would be nice to see something else from time to time, sketches or
              ideas.

              As children we are taught to read by learning letters that make up
              words. The visual elements could be taught in the same way. One
              learns to see a series of arcs, rhythms of vertical lines. Shapes
              are always indicative of the basic elements of aggression, sex,
              community, on and on forever. The textures we choose and the colors
              can communicate feelings of harmony or discord or simplicity or
              confusion.

              Speaking with pictures is more communicative of truth than with words
              IMO.

              Beautifully said. Your images really want to give hope to people.

              Love
              Bobby G.
            • dan330033 <dan330033@yahoo.com>
              Message 6 of 20 , Mar 2, 2003
                > Wow Karta. Thank you for the link. I really enjoyed your
                website.
                > really incredible. Your work is fantastic. I feel left out that I
                > have not seen these before.

                Yes, thanks for the link, Karta.

                Very life-ful, warm, and energizing!

                Peace,
                Dan
              • G <crystalkundalini@hotmail.com>
                Message 7 of 20 , Mar 2, 2003
                  "texasbg2000 <Bigbobgraham@a...>" <Bigbobgraham@a...>
                  wrote:
                  "satkartar7
                  > <mi_nok@y...>" <mi_nok@y...> wrote:
                  > > <Bigbobgraham@a...> wrote:
                  > > >

                  > > > K: yes, i second this Bobby, i feel
                  > > > privileged to be among you all i
                  > > > felt the psyche of the group
                  > > > yesterday .. it was elevating
                  > > >
                  > > > and inspiring
                  > > > Bobby, you inspired me to go back and
                  > > > play with my paints, thanks
                  > > > ---love,
                  > > > Karta
                  > > >
                  > > > Good Karta, I hope you will share your images. I love
                  visuals.
                  > When
                  > > > you look closely at what is honestly painted it is like reading
                  > > > book on the painter.
                  > > >
                  > > > I intend to take the five minutes every morning to link up.
                  > > >
                  > > > Love
                  > > > Bobby G.
                  > >
                  > > hi Bobby, i am in transit toward
                  > > webdesign and a digital yantra-mandala
                  > > paint style.
                  > >
                  > > My "real" [not for money but they
                  > > are in privi now] artwork was like
                  > > Frida Khallo's: freaky inner
                  > > spiritual trips; like a skeleton
                  > > sitting on a globe while 4 snakes
                  > > blowing fire through her spinal-cord
                  > > and her winking head [my portrait]
                  > > is under her armpit winking and
                  > > smiling stoically.
                  > >
                  > > i only have my early work online the
                  > > 'naiive' aka Primitive ones

                  <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/paintings/my-paintings.html

                  > > ----love,
                  > > Karta
                  >
                  > Wow Karta. Thank you for the link. I really enjoyed your
                  website.
                  > really incredible. Your work is fantastic. I feel left out that I
                  > have not seen these before.
                  >
                  > It would be nice to see something else from time to time,
                  sketches or
                  > ideas.
                  >
                  > As children we are taught to read by learning letters that make
                  up
                  > words. The visual elements could be taught in the same way.
                  One
                  > learns to see a series of arcs, rhythms of vertical lines.
                  Shapes
                  > are always indicative of the basic elements of aggression, sex,
                  > community, on and on forever. The textures we choose and
                  the colors
                  > can communicate feelings of harmony or discord or simplicity
                  or
                  > confusion.
                  >
                  > Speaking with pictures is more communicative of truth than
                  with words
                  > IMO.
                  >
                  > Beautifully said. Your images really want to give hope to
                  people.

                  > Love
                  > Bobby G.

                  G: great pictures... isn't this in the style of grandma moses?
                  perhaps i am wrong as not up on all the styles or names...
                  but i have seen this type of work by another artist that is very
                  well known just hope the name is right..... but in any case it
                  is very nice work.......

                  shanti om ....g...
                • dan330033 <dan330033@yahoo.com>
                  Message 8 of 20 , Mar 2, 2003
                    > G: great pictures... isn't this in the style of grandma moses?
                    > perhaps i am wrong as not up on all the styles or names...
                    > but i have seen this type of work by another artist that is
                    very
                    > well known just hope the name is right..... but in any
                    case it
                    > is very nice work.......
                    >
                    > shanti om ....g...

                    Yes, it's quite different than Bobby's style.

                    More "primitive" in the sense that perspective
                    is flat -- in the style of Grandma Moses --
                    and others I've seen.

                    Quite wonderful!

                    -- Dan
                  • dan330033 <dan330033@yahoo.com>
                    Message 9 of 20 , Mar 2, 2003
                      Bob --

                      Thanks for explaining about the
                      fake headers.

                      The stuff you didn't explain -- I think
                      it would be ethical to explain -- I'll
                      leave it at that.

                      There certainly is evidence for an escalating
                      animosity and rage being expressed in posts.
                      And banning someone whose style of posting
                      doesn't fit your vision for the list, certainly
                      makes sense.

                      -- Dan
                    • tosime
                      Message 10 of 20 , Mar 2, 2003
                        Hi Karta,

                        Your paintings are really striking. I was instantly attracted to Portofino
                        and imagined it on my living room wall!

                        A few minutes ago my little daughter came and exclaimed "wow!". I looked
                        around to see what see was looking at and discovered she was staring at your
                        pictures on my PC screen. "Coool!". (She is 5). "I love it!".

                        "Which one do you like best", I asked. "This one (pointing at Portofino) and
                        this one (pointing at Village Scenery)".
                        "Can you print them out?", she asked. "Can you make the horses walk?".

                        Right then her mother came in and administered a little smack on her
                        bottom - "You should be asleep, you have school tomorrow..."

                        Thanks for a wonderful experience from my daughter and I.

                        ...Tony
                      • tosime
                        Message 11 of 20 , Mar 2, 2003
                          Back again,

                          My daughter is back again, this time we are both looking at your "About my
                          paintings" text. This is my daughter's message...
                          "My name is Aima and Mr. Tony... I like your panting. Her hair is yellow,
                          her face is yellow and I like what you do on the paintings..."

                          Incidentally, I was in Budapest about 2 years ago - Beautiful city. I
                          enjoyed a night time boat ride on the Danube.

                          ...Tony

                          Message 12 of 20 , Mar 2, 2003
                            dear Tony and everyone who sent
                            encouraging lines about the naiives;

                            thank you all it warms my hear greatly.
                            <smiles> and it is INSPIRATIONAL

                            i don't paint in the Primitive
                            Grandma Mozes style any more she was
                            72 years old when she started to paint
                            ..amazing

                            Tony please give a kiss to your sweet daughter for me.

                            as i understand we are meditationg
                            every day at 7pst ?

                            ----love,
                            Karta

                          • satkartar7 <mi_nok@yahoo.com>
                            Message 13 of 20 , Mar 2, 2003
                              i a confused i got an e-mail from
                              the doc which i can't see online

                              IS THIS A WEB WIZARD? from Jason??

                              From DrDaryl Sun Mar 2 06:03:19 2003X-Apparently-To:mi_nok@... via 21=
                              6.136.227.111; 02 Mar 2003 06:03:21 -0800 (PST)Return-Path:<sentto-5401631-4=
                              610-1046613800-mi_nok=yahoo.com@...>Received:from 66.21=
                              8.66.106 (HELO n38.grp.scd.yahoo.com) (66.218.66.106) by qmail5.mail.sc5.yah=
                              oo.com with SMTP; 02 Mar 2003 06:03:20 -0800 (PST)X-eGroups-Return:sentto-54=
                              01631-4610-1046613800-mi_nok=yahoo.com@...:from=
                              [66.218.67.198] by n38.grp.scd.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 02 Mar 2003 14:03:20 -=
                              0000X-Sender:drdaryl@...-Apparently-To:meditationsocietyofamerica@yah=
                              oogroups.comReceived:(EGP: mail-8_2_3_4); 2 Mar 2003 14:03:19 -0000Received:=
                              (qmail 72126 invoked from network); 2 Mar 2003 14:03:19 -0000Received:from u=
                              nknown (66.218.66.218) by m5.grp.scd.yahoo.com with QMQP; 2 Mar 2003 14:03:1=
                              9 -0000Received:from unknown (HELO web13405.mail.yahoo.com) (216.136.175.63)=
                              by mta3.grp.scd.yahoo.com with SMTP; 2 Mar 2003 14:03:19 -0000Message-ID:<2=
                              0030302140319.76515.qmail@...>Received:from [62.252.32.5=
                              ] by web13405.mail.yahoo.com via HTTP; Sun, 02 Mar 2003 06:03:19 PSTTo:medit=
                              ationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.comX-eGroups-From:DrDaryl <drdaryl@yahoo.c=
                              om>From: "DrDaryl" <munkiman4u@...> | This is Spam | Add to Address Bo=
                              okX-Yahoo-Profile:munkiman4uMIME-Version:1.0Mailing-List:list meditationsoci=
                              etyofamerica@yahoogroups.com; contact meditationsocietyofamerica-owner@yahoo=
                              omPrecedence:bulkList-Unsubscribe:<mailto:meditationsocietyofamerica-unsubsc=
                              ribe@yahoogroups.com>Date:Sun, 2 Mar 2003 06:03:19 -0800 (PST)Subject:[Medit=
                              ation Society of America] Re: Sat Guru Bramananda AtmanReply-to:meditationso=
                              cietyofamerica@yahoogroups.comContent-Type:multipart/alternative; boundary="=
                              aopyUb7M0smzcfNBeymyTF6mSsfslbOzqMq9hl0"Content-Length:1806

                              Message 14 of 20 , Mar 2, 2003

                                > G: great pictures... isn't this in the style of grandma moses?
                                > perhaps i am wrong as not up on all the styles or names...
                                > but i have seen this type of work by another artist that is
                                very
                                > well known just hope the name is right..... but in any
                                case it
                                > is very nice work.......
                                >
                                > shanti om ....g...

                                Hi Ganga:

                                As Dan said it is called primitive in this country a lot. Although
                                some is now being called "Outsider Art" I believe. Grandma Moses
                                was one. In New Orleans it was Clementine Hunter. The work is very
                                telling about upbringing and outlook on life. It is very unaffected
                                or without affectations. Pure. And even though see is currently
                                doing something different, Karta should know it is very popular in
                                this country. A lot of collectors and galleries.

                                Love
                                Bobby G.
                                Message 15 of 20 , Mar 2, 2003
                                  Well, I'm not all that compu-competent, but it looks like you have
                                  received the proof of and "explanation" to everything - Dr Daryl fakes
                                  others names and posts as them. Why he does this is only known to him,
                                  if he indeed he even knows. I don't know and only want it out of our
                                  environment. I'm forwarding this to Yahoo, so they can deal with it,
                                  and personally will devote as close to zero energy to Dr Daryl as
                                  possible.

                                  Message 16 of 20 , Mar 2, 2003
                                    Well, I know it took out my web mail for about an hour
                                    the other day. I expect yahoo is "hard" at work trying
                                    to figure it out! (yea right)

                                    The shinanagans never cease

                                    Message 17 of 20 , Mar 2, 2003
                                      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Jason
                                      Fishman <munkiman4u@y...> wrote:
                                      > Well, I know it took out my web mail for about an hour
                                      > the other day. I expect yahoo is "hard" at work trying
                                      > to figure it out! (yea right)
                                      >
                                      > The shinanagans never cease

                                      G: i couldn't post to my groups or any group.... had to go in an
                                      re-activate my mail......

                                      shanti om ....g..
                                    • satkartar7 <mi_nok@yahoo.com>
                                      Message 18 of 20 , Mar 2, 2003