Re: [Meditation Society of America] Re: a revolution of seeing....

  • Melody
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 2, 2003
      > By the way, which translation of Patanjali's
      > Yoga-sutras have you used? I've got the
      > one by Pandit Usharbudh, and it's not written
      > in what I would consider 'everyday English'.
      > It makes my brain hurt trying
      > to understand what he's saying.
      >
      > Melody

      Shibendu Ji's granddad's is good

      http://www.yoganiketan.net/patanjali/patanjali.htm

      http://dailyreadings.com/ys1-1.htm

      many links can be found at:

      <http://www.rainbowbody.net/HeartMind/Links.htm>

      Karta

      Hi Karta,

      Thank you very much for these links.

      I've been reading Venkatesananda's interpretation
      of the Patanjali Sutras this morning, and what
      a pleasure it is to read.....absent any sanskrit
      terms. It's very good for a 'beginning' read of
      these sutras.

      I can see where it may be beneficial to
      later get a Sanskrit dictionary....so as to
      be able to read other translations....but for
      a starter, I much appreciate this one written
      in easy, everyday English language.

      much thanks,
      Melody

    • satkartar7 <mi_nok@yahoo.com>
      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 2, 2003
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Melody" <melodyande@c...> wrote:

        > > By the way, which translation of Patanjali's
        > > Yoga-sutras have you used? I've got the
        > > one by Pandit Usharbudh, and it's not written
        > > in what I would consider 'everyday English'.
        > > It makes my brain hurt trying
        > > to understand what he's saying.
        > >
        > > Melody
        > >

        > Shibendu Ji's granddad's is good
        >
        > http://www.yoganiketan.net/patanjali/patanjali.htm
        >
        > http://dailyreadings.com/ys1-1.htm
        >
        > many links can be found at:
        >
        > <http://www.rainbowbody.net/HeartMind/Links.htm>
        >
        > Karta
        >

        > Hi Karta,
        >
        > Thank you very much for these links.
        >
        > I've been reading Venkatesananda's interpretation
        > of the Patanjali Sutras this morning, and what
        > a pleasure it is to read.....absent any sanskrit
        > terms. It's very good for a 'beginning' read of
        > these sutras.
        >

        > I can see where it may be beneficial to
        > later get a Sanskrit dictionary....so as to
        > be able to read other translations....but for
        > a starter,

        i admire this commitment

        I much appreciate this one written
        > in easy, everyday English language.