Re: [Meditation Society of America] Meher Baby

  • Harvey Schneider
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 2, 2003
      From: tosime
      To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sunday, March 02, 2003 10:37 AM
      Subject: RE: [Meditation Society of America] Meher Baby

      Bob,

      Beautiful picture and a nice description of the pure mind.

      Is this "pure mind" what some refer to as "born again"? What is the
      connection between "born again" and non-duality? Does anyone have any
      thoughts on the "born again" ideas.

      ...Tony

      Hi Tony,
      Born again / Non-duality:
      They're the same.

      "I live, no not I, but
      Christ lives in me"

      St Paul (?), frequently quoted by
      Kirpal Singh

      Harvey

      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 2, 2003

        Hello Tony,
        Have you asked yourself "what" is it that is "born again"?
        The only thing that borns and dies, comes and goes is mind.
        Existence is always there (here).
        Mind in its state of purity is able to be absorbed, disolved, or
        get disappeared, for the total Unity of Existence to Be, no "I" even
        there.
        Then, the primal
        understanding of the nature of "I" as ever existing and creator and
        sustainer of all that exists and manifests is the result of this
        absorption of mind in the Self (Existence- Non/Duality).

        And from here, a
        new mind with a new understanding. This is a
        "born again" *mind*.

        love,
        maria luisa

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        Service.

      • satkartar7 <mi_nok@yahoo.com>
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 2, 2003
          "tosime" <tosime@b...> wrote:
          > Bob,
          >
          > Beautiful picture and a nice description of the pure mind.
          >
          > Is this "pure mind" what some refer to as "born again"? What is the
          > connection between "born again" and non-duality?

          i think Tony, that a pure-mind a
          non-dual mind and a borne-again
          mind share the realization that their
          "small" ego was a limiting factor