RE: [Meditation Society of America] Meher Baby

  • tosime
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 2, 2003
      Bob,

      Beautiful picture and a nice description of the pure mind.

      Is this "pure mind" what some refer to as "born again"? What is the
      connection between "born again" and non-duality? Does anyone have any
      thoughts on the "born again" ideas.

      ...Tony

      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 2, 2003
        Beautiful picture and a nice description of the pure mind.

        Is this "pure mind" what some refer to as "born again"? What is the
        connection between "born again" and non-duality? Does anyone have any
        thoughts on the "born again" ideas.

        ...Tony

        Hi Tony,
        Born again / Non-duality:
        They're the same.

        "I live, no not I, but
        Christ lives in me"

        St Paul (?), frequently quoted by
        Kirpal Singh

        Harvey

        A new picture has been posted in our Photo section titled Meher Baby.
        Perhaps it demonstrates the pure bliss and transcendant visions we all
        knew before our chattering mind started labeling things as good/bad,
        beautiful/ugly, and so on. Similarly, it could be said that this is
        what we will regain when we Realize our primal underlying state of
        Enlightenment. Or maybe it's just gas. Enjoy!

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • mlcanow <mlcanow@yahoo.es>
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 2, 2003

          Hello Tony,
          Have you asked yourself "what" is it that is "born again"?
          The only thing that borns and dies, comes and goes is mind.
          Existence is always there (here).
          Mind in its state of purity is able to be absorbed, disolved, or
          get disappeared, for the total Unity of Existence to Be, no "I" even
          there.
          Then, the primal
          understanding of the nature of "I" as ever existing and creator and
          sustainer of all that exists and manifests is the result of this
          absorption of mind in the Self (Existence- Non/Duality).

          And from here, a
          new mind with a new understanding. This is a
          "born again" *mind*.

          love,
          maria luisa

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          Service.

        • satkartar7 <mi_nok@yahoo.com>
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 2, 2003
            "tosime" <tosime@b...> wrote:
            > Bob,
            >
            > Beautiful picture and a nice description of the pure mind.
            >
            > Is this "pure mind" what some refer to as "born again"? What is the
            > connection between "born again" and non-duality?

            i think Tony, that a pure-mind a
            non-dual mind and a borne-again
            mind share the realization that their
            "small" ego was a limiting factor