Group med

  • texasbg2000 <Bigbobgraham@aol.com>
    Message 1 of 20 , Mar 2, 2003
      Thanks to Ramon for the group meditation idea. I was there and I
      hope you were too.

      Love
      Bobby G.
    • satkartar7 <mi_nok@yahoo.com>
      Message 2 of 20 , Mar 2, 2003
        <Bigbobgraham@a...> wrote:
        > Thanks to Ramon for the group meditation idea. I was there and I
        > hope you were too.
        >
        > Love
        > Bobby G.

        yes, i second this Bobby, i feel
        privileged to be among you all i
        felt the psyche of the group
        yesterday .. it was elevating

        and inspiring

        Bobby, you inspired me to go back and
        play with my paints, thanks

        ---love,
        Karta
      • texasbg2000 <Bigbobgraham@aol.com>
        Message 3 of 20 , Mar 2, 2003

          > yes, i second this Bobby, i feel
          > privileged to be among you all i
          > felt the psyche of the group
          > yesterday .. it was elevating
          >
          > and inspiring
          > Bobby, you inspired me to go back and
          > play with my paints, thanks
          > ---love,
          > Karta

          Good Karta, I hope you will share your images. I love visuals. When
          you look closely at what is honestly painted it is like reading a
          book on the painter.

          I intend to take the five minutes every morning to link up.

          Love
          Bobby G.
        • satkartar7 <mi_nok@yahoo.com>
          Message 4 of 20 , Mar 2, 2003
            <Bigbobgraham@a...> wrote:

            > K: yes, i second this Bobby, i feel
            > privileged to be among you all i
            > felt the psyche of the group
            > yesterday .. it was elevating
            >
            > and inspiring
            > Bobby, you inspired me to go back and
            > play with my paints, thanks
            > ---love,
            > Karta
            >
            > Good Karta, I hope you will share your images. I love visuals. When
            > you look closely at what is honestly painted it is like reading a
            > book on the painter.
            >
            > I intend to take the five minutes every morning to link up.
            >
            > Love
            > Bobby G.

            hi Bobby, i am in transit toward
            webdesign and a digital yantra-mandala
            paint style.

            My "real" [not for money but they
            are in privi now] artwork was like
            Frida Khallo's: freaky inner
            spiritual trips; like a skeleton
            sitting on a globe while 4 snakes
            blowing fire through her spinal-cord
            and her winking head [my portrait]
            is under her armpit winking and
            smiling stoically.

            i only have my early work online the
            'naiive' aka Primitive ones

            <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/paintings/my-paintings.html>

            ----love,
            Karta
          • lakshmi38586 <freyjartist@aol.com>
            Message 5 of 20 , Mar 2, 2003
              --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "satkartar7
              <mi_nok@y...>" <mi_nok@y...> wrote:
              > <Bigbobgraham@a...> wrote:
              > >

              > > K: yes, i second this Bobby, i feel
              > > privileged to be among you all i
              > > felt the psyche of the group
              > > yesterday .. it was elevating
              > >
              > > and inspiring
              > > Bobby, you inspired me to go back and
              > > play with my paints, thanks
              > > ---love,
              > > Karta
              > >
              > > Good Karta, I hope you will share your images. I love visuals.
              When
              > > you look closely at what is honestly painted it is like reading a
              > > book on the painter.
              > >
              > > I intend to take the five minutes every morning to link up.
              > >
              > > Love
              > > Bobby G.
              >
              > hi Bobby, i am in transit toward
              > webdesign and a digital yantra-mandala
              > paint style.
              >
              > My "real" [not for money but they
              > are in privi now] artwork was like
              > Frida Khallo's: freaky inner
              > spiritual trips; like a skeleton
              > sitting on a globe while 4 snakes
              > blowing fire through her spinal-cord
              > and her winking head [my portrait]
              > is under her armpit winking and
              > smiling stoically.
              >
              > i only have my early work online the
              > 'naiive' aka Primitive ones
              >
              > <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/paintings/my-paintings.html>
              >
              > ----love,
              > Karta

              Karta,

              Thank you so much for posting the link
              to your paintings...I very much enjoyed
              seeing them... the sense of design,
              the playfulness :-)
              so now between you and Bobby, i am inspired
              to draw and paint again!

              Frida Kahlo's work i find amazing...
              her life and her work were so tightly woven
              together, perhaps more than any other famous
              artist...
              i have a couple of books with her art
              and her story..

              It is planned to discuss her biography
              in our book club, this month i believe.

              Thanks again for sharing....

              love
              Freyja
            • Jason Fishman
              Message 6 of 20 , Mar 2, 2003
                --- "satkartar7 <mi_nok@...>" <mi_nok@...>
                wrote:
                > <Bigbobgraham@a...> wrote:
                > >

                > > K: yes, i second this Bobby, i feel
                > > privileged to be among you all i
                > > felt the psyche of the group
                > > yesterday .. it was elevating
                > >
                > > and inspiring
                > > Bobby, you inspired me to go back and
                > > play with my paints, thanks
                > > ---love,
                > > Karta
                > >
                > > Good Karta, I hope you will share your images. I
                > love visuals. When
                > > you look closely at what is honestly painted it is
                > like reading a
                > > book on the painter.
                > >
                > > I intend to take the five minutes every morning
                > to link up.
                > >
                > > Love
                > > Bobby G.
                >
                > hi Bobby, i am in transit toward
                > webdesign and a digital yantra-mandala
                > paint style.
                >
                > My "real" [not for money but they
                > are in privi now] artwork was like
                > Frida Khallo's: freaky inner
                > spiritual trips; like a skeleton
                > sitting on a globe while 4 snakes
                > blowing fire through her spinal-cord
                > and her winking head [my portrait]
                > is under her armpit winking and
                > smiling stoically.
                >
                > i only have my early work online the
                > 'naiive' aka Primitive ones

                <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/paintings/my-paintings.html>

                > ----love,
                > Karta

                Beautiful website by a beautiful woman, thank you for
                sharing.

                Peace and Love

                http://taxes.yahoo.com/
              • texasbg2000 <Bigbobgraham@aol.com>
                Message 7 of 20 , Mar 2, 2003
                  <mi_nok@y...>" <mi_nok@y...> wrote:
                  > <Bigbobgraham@a...> wrote:
                  > >

                  > > K: yes, i second this Bobby, i feel
                  > > privileged to be among you all i
                  > > felt the psyche of the group
                  > > yesterday .. it was elevating
                  > >
                  > > and inspiring
                  > > Bobby, you inspired me to go back and
                  > > play with my paints, thanks
                  > > ---love,
                  > > Karta
                  > >
                  > > Good Karta, I hope you will share your images. I love visuals.
                  When
                  > > you look closely at what is honestly painted it is like reading a
                  > > book on the painter.
                  > >
                  > > I intend to take the five minutes every morning to link up.
                  > >
                  > > Love
                  > > Bobby G.
                  >
                  > hi Bobby, i am in transit toward
                  > webdesign and a digital yantra-mandala
                  > paint style.
                  >
                  > My "real" [not for money but they
                  > are in privi now] artwork was like
                  > Frida Khallo's: freaky inner
                  > spiritual trips; like a skeleton
                  > sitting on a globe while 4 snakes
                  > blowing fire through her spinal-cord
                  > and her winking head [my portrait]
                  > is under her armpit winking and
                  > smiling stoically.
                  >
                  > i only have my early work online the
                  > 'naiive' aka Primitive ones
                  >
                  > <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/paintings/my-paintings.html>
                  >
                  > ----love,
                  > Karta

                  Wow Karta. Thank you for the link. I really enjoyed your website.
                  really incredible. Your work is fantastic. I feel left out that I
                  have not seen these before.

                  It would be nice to see something else from time to time, sketches or
                  ideas.

                  As children we are taught to read by learning letters that make up
                  words. The visual elements could be taught in the same way. One
                  learns to see a series of arcs, rhythms of vertical lines. Shapes
                  are always indicative of the basic elements of aggression, sex,
                  community, on and on forever. The textures we choose and the colors
                  can communicate feelings of harmony or discord or simplicity or
                  confusion.

                  Speaking with pictures is more communicative of truth than with words
                  IMO.

                  Beautifully said. Your images really want to give hope to people.

                  Love
                  Bobby G.
                • dan330033 <dan330033@yahoo.com>
                  Message 8 of 20 , Mar 2, 2003
                    > Wow Karta. Thank you for the link. I really enjoyed your
                    website.
                    > really incredible. Your work is fantastic. I feel left out that I
                    > have not seen these before.

                    Yes, thanks for the link, Karta.

                    Very life-ful, warm, and energizing!

                    Peace,
                    Dan
                  • G <crystalkundalini@hotmail.com>
                    Message 9 of 20 , Mar 2, 2003
                      "texasbg2000 <Bigbobgraham@a...>" <Bigbobgraham@a...>
                      wrote:
                      "satkartar7
                      > <mi_nok@y...>" <mi_nok@y...> wrote:
                      > > <Bigbobgraham@a...> wrote:
                      > > >

                      > > > K: yes, i second this Bobby, i feel
                      > > > privileged to be among you all i
                      > > > felt the psyche of the group
                      > > > yesterday .. it was elevating
                      > > >
                      > > > and inspiring
                      > > > Bobby, you inspired me to go back and
                      > > > play with my paints, thanks
                      > > > ---love,
                      > > > Karta
                      > > >
                      > > > Good Karta, I hope you will share your images. I love
                      visuals.
                      > When
                      > > > you look closely at what is honestly painted it is like reading
                      > > > book on the painter.
                      > > >
                      > > > I intend to take the five minutes every morning to link up.
                      > > >
                      > > > Love
                      > > > Bobby G.
                      > >
                      > > hi Bobby, i am in transit toward
                      > > webdesign and a digital yantra-mandala
                      > > paint style.
                      > >
                      > > My "real" [not for money but they
                      > > are in privi now] artwork was like
                      > > Frida Khallo's: freaky inner
                      > > spiritual trips; like a skeleton
                      > > sitting on a globe while 4 snakes
                      > > blowing fire through her spinal-cord
                      > > and her winking head [my portrait]
                      > > is under her armpit winking and
                      > > smiling stoically.
                      > >
                      > > i only have my early work online the
                      > > 'naiive' aka Primitive ones

                      <http://www.santmat-meditation.net/paintings/my-paintings.html

                      > > ----love,
                      > > Karta
                      >
                      > Wow Karta. Thank you for the link. I really enjoyed your
                      website.
                      > really incredible. Your work is fantastic. I feel left out that I
                      > have not seen these before.
                      >
                      > It would be nice to see something else from time to time,
                      sketches or
                      > ideas.
                      >
                      > As children we are taught to read by learning letters that make
                      up
                      > words. The visual elements could be taught in the same way.
                      One
                      > learns to see a series of arcs, rhythms of vertical lines.
                      Shapes
                      > are always indicative of the basic elements of aggression, sex,
                      > community, on and on forever. The textures we choose and
                      the colors
                      > can communicate feelings of harmony or discord or simplicity
                      or
                      > confusion.
                      >
                      > Speaking with pictures is more communicative of truth than
                      with words
                      > IMO.
                      >
                      > Beautifully said. Your images really want to give hope to
                      people.

                      > Love
                      > Bobby G.

                      G: great pictures... isn't this in the style of grandma moses?
                      perhaps i am wrong as not up on all the styles or names...
                      but i have seen this type of work by another artist that is very
                      well known just hope the name is right..... but in any case it
                      is very nice work.......

                      shanti om ....g...
                    • dan330033 <dan330033@yahoo.com>
                      Message 10 of 20 , Mar 2, 2003
                        > G: great pictures... isn't this in the style of grandma moses?
                        > perhaps i am wrong as not up on all the styles or names...
                        > but i have seen this type of work by another artist that is
                        very
                        > well known just hope the name is right..... but in any
                        case it
                        > is very nice work.......
                        >
                        > shanti om ....g...

                        Yes, it's quite different than Bobby's style.

                        More "primitive" in the sense that perspective
                        is flat -- in the style of Grandma Moses --
                        and others I've seen.

                        Quite wonderful!

                        -- Dan
                      • dan330033 <dan330033@yahoo.com>
                        Message 11 of 20 , Mar 2, 2003
                          Bob --

                          Thanks for explaining about the
                          fake headers.

                          The stuff you didn't explain -- I think
                          it would be ethical to explain -- I'll
                          leave it at that.

                          There certainly is evidence for an escalating
                          animosity and rage being expressed in posts.
                          And banning someone whose style of posting
                          doesn't fit your vision for the list, certainly
                          makes sense.

                          -- Dan
                        • tosime
                          Message 12 of 20 , Mar 2, 2003
                            Hi Karta,

                            Your paintings are really striking. I was instantly attracted to Portofino
                            and imagined it on my living room wall!

                            A few minutes ago my little daughter came and exclaimed "wow!". I looked
                            around to see what see was looking at and discovered she was staring at your
                            pictures on my PC screen. "Coool!". (She is 5). "I love it!".

                            "Which one do you like best", I asked. "This one (pointing at Portofino) and
                            this one (pointing at Village Scenery)".
                            "Can you print them out?", she asked. "Can you make the horses walk?".

                            Right then her mother came in and administered a little smack on her
                            bottom - "You should be asleep, you have school tomorrow..."

                            Thanks for a wonderful experience from my daughter and I.

                            ...Tony
                          • tosime
                            Message 13 of 20 , Mar 2, 2003
                              Back again,

                              My daughter is back again, this time we are both looking at your "About my
                              paintings" text. This is my daughter's message...
                              "My name is Aima and Mr. Tony... I like your panting. Her hair is yellow,
                              her face is yellow and I like what you do on the paintings..."

                              Incidentally, I was in Budapest about 2 years ago - Beautiful city. I
                              enjoyed a night time boat ride on the Danube.

                              ...Tony

                              Message 14 of 20 , Mar 2, 2003
                                dear Tony and everyone who sent
                                encouraging lines about the naiives;

                                thank you all it warms my hear greatly.
                                <smiles> and it is INSPIRATIONAL

                                i don't paint in the Primitive
                                Grandma Mozes style any more she was
                                72 years old when she started to paint
                                ..amazing

                                Tony please give a kiss to your sweet daughter for me.

                                as i understand we are meditationg
                                every day at 7pst ?

                                ----love,
                                Karta

                              • satkartar7 <mi_nok@yahoo.com>
                                Message 15 of 20 , Mar 2, 2003
                                  i a confused i got an e-mail from
                                  the doc which i can't see online

                                  IS THIS A WEB WIZARD? from Jason??

                                  From DrDaryl Sun Mar 2 06:03:19 2003X-Apparently-To:mi_nok@... via 21=
                                  6.136.227.111; 02 Mar 2003 06:03:21 -0800 (PST)Return-Path:<sentto-5401631-4=
                                  610-1046613800-mi_nok=yahoo.com@...>Received:from 66.21=
                                  8.66.106 (HELO n38.grp.scd.yahoo.com) (66.218.66.106) by qmail5.mail.sc5.yah=
                                  oo.com with SMTP; 02 Mar 2003 06:03:20 -0800 (PST)X-eGroups-Return:sentto-54=
                                  01631-4610-1046613800-mi_nok=yahoo.com@...:from=
                                  [66.218.67.198] by n38.grp.scd.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 02 Mar 2003 14:03:20 -=
                                  0000X-Sender:drdaryl@...-Apparently-To:meditationsocietyofamerica@yah=
                                  oogroups.comReceived:(EGP: mail-8_2_3_4); 2 Mar 2003 14:03:19 -0000Received:=
                                  (qmail 72126 invoked from network); 2 Mar 2003 14:03:19 -0000Received:from u=
                                  nknown (66.218.66.218) by m5.grp.scd.yahoo.com with QMQP; 2 Mar 2003 14:03:1=
                                  9 -0000Received:from unknown (HELO web13405.mail.yahoo.com) (216.136.175.63)=
                                  by mta3.grp.scd.yahoo.com with SMTP; 2 Mar 2003 14:03:19 -0000Message-ID:<2=
                                  0030302140319.76515.qmail@...>Received:from [62.252.32.5=
                                  ] by web13405.mail.yahoo.com via HTTP; Sun, 02 Mar 2003 06:03:19 PSTTo:medit=
                                  ationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.comX-eGroups-From:DrDaryl <drdaryl@yahoo.c=
                                  om>From: "DrDaryl" <munkiman4u@...> | This is Spam | Add to Address Bo=
                                  okX-Yahoo-Profile:munkiman4uMIME-Version:1.0Mailing-List:list meditationsoci=
                                  etyofamerica@yahoogroups.com; contact meditationsocietyofamerica-owner@yahoo=
                                  omPrecedence:bulkList-Unsubscribe:<mailto:meditationsocietyofamerica-unsubsc=
                                  ribe@yahoogroups.com>Date:Sun, 2 Mar 2003 06:03:19 -0800 (PST)Subject:[Medit=
                                  ation Society of America] Re: Sat Guru Bramananda AtmanReply-to:meditationso=
                                  cietyofamerica@yahoogroups.comContent-Type:multipart/alternative; boundary="=
                                  aopyUb7M0smzcfNBeymyTF6mSsfslbOzqMq9hl0"Content-Length:1806

                                  Message 16 of 20 , Mar 2, 2003

                                    > G: great pictures... isn't this in the style of grandma moses?
                                    > perhaps i am wrong as not up on all the styles or names...
                                    > but i have seen this type of work by another artist that is
                                    very
                                    > well known just hope the name is right..... but in any
                                    case it
                                    > is very nice work.......
                                    >
                                    > shanti om ....g...

                                    Hi Ganga:

                                    As Dan said it is called primitive in this country a lot. Although
                                    some is now being called "Outsider Art" I believe. Grandma Moses
                                    was one. In New Orleans it was Clementine Hunter. The work is very
                                    telling about upbringing and outlook on life. It is very unaffected
                                    or without affectations. Pure. And even though see is currently
                                    doing something different, Karta should know it is very popular in
                                    this country. A lot of collectors and galleries.

                                    Love
                                    Bobby G.
                                    Message 17 of 20 , Mar 2, 2003
                                      Well, I'm not all that compu-competent, but it looks like you have
                                      received the proof of and "explanation" to everything - Dr Daryl fakes
                                      others names and posts as them. Why he does this is only known to him,
                                      if he indeed he even knows. I don't know and only want it out of our
                                      environment. I'm forwarding this to Yahoo, so they can deal with it,
                                      and personally will devote as close to zero energy to Dr Daryl as
                                      possible.

                                      Message 18 of 20 , Mar 2, 2003
                                        Well, I know it took out my web mail for about an hour
                                        the other day. I expect yahoo is "hard" at work trying
                                        to figure it out! (yea right)

                                        The shinanagans never cease

                                        Message 19 of 20 , Mar 2, 2003
                                          --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Jason
                                          Fishman <munkiman4u@y...> wrote:
                                          > Well, I know it took out my web mail for about an hour
                                          > the other day. I expect yahoo is "hard" at work trying
                                          > to figure it out! (yea right)
                                          >
                                          > The shinanagans never cease

                                          G: i couldn't post to my groups or any group.... had to go in an
                                          re-activate my mail......

                                          shanti om ....g..
                                        • satkartar7 <mi_nok@yahoo.com>
                                          Message 20 of 20 , Mar 2, 2003