Words of Wisdom

    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2003
      I found this on the Swami Satchidananda group. It is a quote from
      Swami Satchidananda :

      "Let no thing or no one disturb your peace." With great animation
      and authority he pronounced this forever known secret at a small
      gathering of Karma Yogis in 2000. The freeing power of those words
      reverberates in my being and has saved me much difficulty.
      He would go on to say, "If you cannot simply accept all things and
      people with a peaceful spirit, then analyze what or who is
      disturbing your peace, and distance yourself from that. If you are
      not peaceful, then you have no peace to give to others. This is the
      first sadhana -maintain your peace."

      How many of us here have let others words take our peace away?
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 22 8:09 PM
        "My latest 'trick' is to as often as I remember and am willing to risk the first moment of sensation to realize that I am already dead. Awareness and appreciation quickly follow and stay until I get hungry."

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 23 6:20 PM
          To answer several emails asking if I wrote this....NO!
          It's from a friend who wants to remain anonymous.
          Thanks for the kind remarks anyway!

          ---In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote :

          "My latest 'trick' is to as often as I remember and am willing to risk the first moment of sensation to realize that I am already dead. Awareness and appreciation quickly follow and stay until I get hungry."

        • dan330033
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 27 11:14 AM

            yes.

            and to see this as present.

            have i come into existence, now, here?

            there is no event "coming into existence" that happens now - it is an assumption from the past, the thoughts and often powerful feelings involved with "I exist" ... "I was born" ...

            sensation, sensing occurs now.

            is there a separable me having the sensation?

            seeing is dying.

            what dies?

            the assumption, the belief, the memory chain of having self-existence ...