Re: Top 10 spiritual practices -Jason

  • Gene Poole <gene_poole@qwest.net>
    Message 1 of 28 , Mar 1, 2003
      "tosime" <tosime@b...> wrote:
      > Hi Jason,
      >
      > This is quite a coincidence. After your post, the very next post I received
      > was...
      >
      > :-) Nothing is something, and Something is really nothing at all. T'ai Hsu
      > the "Great Nothing."
      >
      > It came one minute after yours.
      >
      > Is there some spiritual significance to "nothing"?
      >
      > ...Tony

      If you look at zero you see nothing, but if you look through it you
      see the world

    • satkartar7 <mi_nok@yahoo.com>
      Message 2 of 28 , Mar 2, 2003
        Jason Fishman <munkiman4u@y...> wrote:
        Another example, you have all this great
        > knowledge then one day your mind goes blank (such as
        > amnesia or altzimers disease does over time) what do
        > YOU have left? Does that mean all those things you
        > experienced and knowledge you gained never happened?
        > How would you know? You can't do them over. Think
        > about that, if you will.

        WHY? why would i think about such things

        > This is everything, how much
        > broader view can one have?

        One can dare to be real

        > Of course, These are all parts of you which is
        > everything. This does not desribe HOW phenomena happen
        > in exsistance. This is something to KNOW. If all of
        > the earth was wiped out where only the soil and water
        > remained, did your knowledge go anywhere? Do you feel
        > you take something with you when death comes? How can
        > you? Everything you have is stored in memory, is in
        > mind, do you take mind with you? Once your gone, you
        > will take nothing more then what you came in with,
        > which is nothing more then everything.
        >

        > Yes, phase one, phase two, phase ten million, all the
        > same thing, amounts to everything, which is already
        > what you have.

        You Jason are a philosopher <smiles>

        > One can decide they are no
        > longer searching, but there is always knowledge to
        > gain, experiences to experience, all of which are the
        > same activity of existance.

        oh! this obsession with the *search*

        > This is the
        > heart of the matter, yet even when stepped back in
        > witness stance, this leads to the same truth.
        > Nothing
        > (no-existance) is everything.
        >
        > Yup, all experiences exist in the mind, all will be
        > gone in the blink of an eye. Whats left? Nothing :)

        ok Jason, i will keep in mind your
        advice, that to 'search' is the
        wrong activity and the notion of
        the 'nothing' the later Gene's way