Re: [Meditation Society of America] Re: #1 Life practice -Bob

  • Jason Fishman
    Message 1 of 28 , Mar 1, 2003
      --- medit8ionsociety <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      > Jason Fishman <munkiman4u@y...> wrote:
      >
      > snip
      > > Look forward to the new addition, How does one get
      > an
      > > inner traveler, BTW? I'm sure it was mentioned
      > before,
      > > yet it has seemed to have slipped my existing
      > memory!
      > >
      > > Peace and Love
      > >
      > Dear Jason,
      > The Inner Traveler is available by subscription,
      > free with a
      > membership in the Meditation Society of America, or
      > by writing
      > something or sharing artwork for it. Also, I
      > sometimes post the URL
      > for issues here on this group. We also now have
      > available a CD of the
      > first 10 issues. Info can be found on our web site,
      > Meditation Station
      > http://www.meditationsociety.com
      > Here's the URL of our sample issue:
      > http://www.meditationsociety.com/it71808/index.html
      > You will need the Adobe Reader tm 5.0 to read it. If
      > you
      > don't have it, the Adobe Reader can be downloaded
      > at:
      > http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep.html
      > Thanks for asking and I hope you enjoy and benefit
      > from it if you do
      > check it out.
      > Peace and blessings,
      > Bob

      Certainly Bob and thank you. I work in graphic arts.
      If you require something for your future publications,
      drop me a note and I'll see what can be done!

      Peace and Love

      http://taxes.yahoo.com/
    • Jason Fishman
      Message 2 of 28 , Mar 1, 2003
        --- "satkartar7 <mi_nok@...>" <mi_nok@...>
        wrote:
        > there are plenty of activities to chose
        > from, and if you say you are a bundle
        > of activities, than the best is to
        > talk about your own: what you know
        >
        > don't ever think that your choice of
        > activities are superior to others
        >
        > and do not assume why others do
        > anything even if it is called 'sadna"
        > just because you were exposed to a
        > very limited view about what spirituality is
        >
        > ----K

        This is what one knows, how could one tell you what
        you know? In your idea of assumptions... what
        assumptions are being made? No activities are any more
        or less of anything any other does, how could it be,
        it all is the same thing underneath?
        No limits to everything, yet only nothing remains.

        Peace and Love

        http://taxes.yahoo.com/
      • Gene Poole <gene_poole@qwest.net>
        Message 3 of 28 , Mar 1, 2003
          "tosime" <tosime@b...> wrote:
          > Hi Jason,
          >
          > This is quite a coincidence. After your post, the very next post I received
          > was...
          >
          > :-) Nothing is something, and Something is really nothing at all. T'ai Hsu
          > the "Great Nothing."
          >
          > It came one minute after yours.
          >
          > Is there some spiritual significance to "nothing"?
          >
          > ...Tony

          If you look at zero you see nothing, but if you look through it you
          see the world

        • satkartar7 <mi_nok@yahoo.com>
          Message 4 of 28 , Mar 2, 2003
            Jason Fishman <munkiman4u@y...> wrote:
            Another example, you have all this great
            > knowledge then one day your mind goes blank (such as
            > amnesia or altzimers disease does over time) what do
            > YOU have left? Does that mean all those things you
            > experienced and knowledge you gained never happened?
            > How would you know? You can't do them over. Think
            > about that, if you will.

            WHY? why would i think about such things

            > This is everything, how much
            > broader view can one have?

            One can dare to be real

            > Of course, These are all parts of you which is
            > everything. This does not desribe HOW phenomena happen
            > in exsistance. This is something to KNOW. If all of
            > the earth was wiped out where only the soil and water
            > remained, did your knowledge go anywhere? Do you feel
            > you take something with you when death comes? How can
            > you? Everything you have is stored in memory, is in
            > mind, do you take mind with you? Once your gone, you
            > will take nothing more then what you came in with,
            > which is nothing more then everything.
            >

            > Yes, phase one, phase two, phase ten million, all the
            > same thing, amounts to everything, which is already
            > what you have.

            You Jason are a philosopher <smiles>

            > One can decide they are no
            > longer searching, but there is always knowledge to
            > gain, experiences to experience, all of which are the
            > same activity of existance.

            oh! this obsession with the *search*

            > This is the
            > heart of the matter, yet even when stepped back in
            > witness stance, this leads to the same truth.
            > Nothing
            > (no-existance) is everything.
            >
            > Yup, all experiences exist in the mind, all will be
            > gone in the blink of an eye. Whats left? Nothing :)

            ok Jason, i will keep in mind your
            advice, that to 'search' is the
            wrong activity and the notion of
            the 'nothing' the later Gene's way