Top 10 spiritual practices -Jason

  • tosime
    Message 1 of 28 , Feb 28, 2003
      Hi Jason,

      This is quite a coincidence. After your post, the very next post I received
      was...

      :-) Nothing is something, and Something is really nothing at all. T'ai Hsu
      the "Great Nothing."

      It came one minute after yours.

      Is there some spiritual significance to "nothing"?

      ...Tony

      Message 2 of 28 , Feb 28, 2003
        --- tosime <tosime@...> wrote:
        > Hi Jason,
        >
        > This is quite a coincidence. After your post, the
        > very next post I received
        > was...
        >
        > :-) Nothing is something, and Something is really
        > nothing at all. T'ai Hsu
        > the "Great Nothing."
        >
        > It came one minute after yours.
        >
        > Is there some spiritual significance to "nothing"?
        >
        > ...Tony

        Well Tony, One can say spritual, one can say
        emotional, one can say physical, all of which leads to
        nothing.

        One can apparently be following what is called a
        spiritual path, meaning their spirit, their soul is
        the key to unlocking some mystery. They can attempt to
        be fullfilled by fantasizing they are some mystical
        force that is housed within a physical body to reach
        some enlightened phase. This souls search always comes
        up short handed, usually with a person looking hard
        enough saying, what a waste, what a nothing.

        Now most of us already have come to terms with a
        physical search. The more money one amasses, or things
        a person obtains leds exactly the sasme place with,
        what a waste of time, what a big nothing.

        The emotion search is somewhat more tricky. Each
        living being has a set of programs. To feel something
        based on a set of conditions. To be angry when
        threatened (for survival) to feel loved when cared for
        (also for survival of a group) to feel sad of the
        loss/change of someone or something (again for a
        survival of the group). This again leds to nothing,
        following your heart may give one emotional
        understanding, yet when ones heart is yanked from
        their insides (as the story goes) then that again leds
        to the big emptiness of nothing.

        There is a 4 factor in this 3-d world, that is the
        tool of the mind which encompasses all of the factors.
        To be a witness to the non eternal truth of each
        (which are really the make up of a "you"), to
        rationalize, experience and conceptualize knowledge
        that turns understanding, into wisdom. This is the
        heart of the matter, yet even when stepped back in
        witness stance, this leds to the same truth. Nothing
        (no-existance) is everything.

        This is the eternal truth and a very tough pill to
        swallow. To think that everything you have ever done
        (in memory) is for not, for a big zero, that you don't
        really exist (only in the now), well most cannot even
        look at that pill let alone consume it into their very
        being. There must be more! People tell themselves, we
        want to survive, to be eternal, yet we already are
        eternal. Everything that is our makup is eternal, yet
        it's not ours, it is merely on loan till the contract
        runs out, yet like it or not, at that point you face
        the big nothing (no-understood-exsistance), which is
        everything!

        Someone once told me, one should practice to die
        everynight before going to sleep, this way one is nice
        and ready to live the next day! One should make that a
        practice, it does quite well and one will be all ready
        for death of form when the contract expires.

        http://taxes.yahoo.com/
      • tosime
        Message 3 of 28 , Mar 1, 2003
          Hi Jason,

          This is fascinating stuff. Thanks for giving me a better understanding of
          the "nothing" perspective.

          I was very intrigued with the "4 factor", the witness stance. There is one
          aspect I would like more clarity on. When you say that the witness stance
          leads to the same truth - nothing (non-existence) is everything; is this
          from personal experience or from reasoning? If from personal experience I
          would really appreciate a description of how you realized this. If it is
          from reasoning, I wonder how we would know that any stance is the final
          stance, so to speak. For instance, if we are witnessing the other dimensions
          of our mind, would it be possible to witness ourselves witnessing? (I hope
          this is not getting too complicated!).

          I am simply guessing here. It would seem to me that complexity is the mind's
          perspective. Pure experience is free from complexity and judgment and would
          be very hard to talk about. The "nothing" perspective becomes a mind
          construction. Of the millions of possible constructions, why choose
          "nothing"?

          I sense a kind of frustration here, like someone trying to explain an
          experience in another dimension but not having any words which point
          directly at the other dimension.

          ...Tony

          Message 4 of 28 , Mar 1, 2003

            Jason Fishman <munkiman4u@y...> wrote:

            > Someone once told me, one should practice to die
            > everynight before going to sleep, this way one is nice
            > and ready to live the next day! One should make that a
            > practice, it does quite well and one will be all ready
            > for death of form when the contract expires.

            Yeah, co-incidences. I just got done putting the art in place for the
            lead article in the next issue of The Inner Traveler. The title of the
            article and meditation technique is "Death and How to Prepare For It".
            Way cool that Jason mentions this exact thing in this Now. Gurdjieff
            indicated more than once that the goofiest thing people did was to act
            as if they were immortal and they had all the time in the world to get
            down to serious "Work". Meditating on Death isn't alot of fun, that's
            why it makes for excellent "Intentional Suffering". And Tonyji asks
            "Is there some spiritual significance to "nothing"?" Well, that's a
            significant point. Our ego's and body's, and emotions as well as our
            thoughts are as nothing, have come from nothing, and will certainly be
            nothing for billions of years. With this perspective in place, and it
            actually always is, One is free of everything that happened to or is
            happening to or will ever happen to the fantasy creature we have
            constructed that we call "Me". This Me has alot of "somethings"
            attached to it, and that's where our desire and thus our karma and
            suffering comes in. Without "Me", we have Nothing, and thus nothing to
            worry us. Unfortunatly we take that Me very seriously, and aren't
            serious at all about what we should be serious about, and that is the
            "Work" of annihilating this phantom person. So, as Chief Dan George
            said many times in the excellent film Little Big Man, "Today is a good
            day to die." And that is well worth meditating about.
            BTW, wait til you see the fantastic art that will be featured in the
            article I mentioned. New artist for us, and certainly world quality,
            as are all of our artists and authors. So, don't actually drop the
            physical just yet! :-)
          • Jason Fishman
            Message 5 of 28 , Mar 1, 2003
              --- tosime <tosime@...> wrote:
              > Hi Jason,
              >
              > This is fascinating stuff. Thanks for giving me a
              > better understanding of
              > the "nothing" perspective.

              Actualy Tony, what may really cook your noodle is the
              questions of... how can one of mind take on a
              perspective of no existance? Wouldn't one have to not
              exists to take that stance? And if one does not
              exists, there would be no mind to experience this none
              existance and come back to body to tell of it's
              experience of no existance? Although I do understand
              what your asking for, those questions are a little bit
              deeper then the one you poise below...

              > I was very intrigued with the "4 factor", the
              > witness stance. There is one
              > aspect I would like more clarity on. When you say
              > that the witness stance
              > leads to the same truth - nothing (non-existence) is
              > everything; is this
              > from personal experience or from reasoning?

              Personal experience is also reasoning, one has to rip
              the seperation of conditions apart. You do not exist
              or you exist in states are the only 2 seperations one
              can define. Light or dark, for example.

              If from
              > personal experience I
              > would really appreciate a description of how you
              > realized this. If it is
              > from reasoning, I wonder how we would know that any
              > stance is the final
              > stance, so to speak. For instance, if we are
              > witnessing the other dimensions
              > of our mind, would it be possible to witness
              > ourselves witnessing? (I hope
              > this is not getting too complicated!).

              Not complicated, extremly simple when broken down into
              existance and non-existance. As far as witnessing
              oneself witnessing. Certainly, we can video tape
              ourselves doing something. What you are asking, I
              think, is to witness the mind at work. You and I are
              writing each other, this seems seperated by 2 people
              over a large distance, yet this is the same thing as
              mind witnessing mind, you and I are not separate, only
              of mind. You read my words and hear my perspective,
              your mind makes thoughts about what I'm trying to say
              and breaks them down to logic that you can refer to,
              no different then what I'm doing or your doing in the
              mind. Your seeing inside your own head, everytime you
              listen to or read someone elses words.

              > I am simply guessing here. It would seem to me that
              > complexity is the mind's
              > perspective. Pure experience is free from complexity
              > and judgment and would
              > be very hard to talk about. The "nothing"
              > perspective becomes a mind
              > construction. Of the millions of possible
              > constructions, why choose
              > "nothing"?

              Ahh perfect question. Anything one can construct is
              inside of this reality of existance (so to speak) yet
              after you break down the complexity of whats really
              going on, everyones truth sounds the same, every
              manifestation one can procure becomes complete clarity
              in simplicity. Everything brings one back to nothing,
              over and over and over again, infinitely circular.
              Heres a few questions you can ask yourself... Is it
              just an irony that man has devised a number system
              with a zero (a nothing) that is a simple circle? What
              not an 8 to repesent nothing? Or is that just another
              sumbliminal clue of what everything REALLY comes down
              to? Existance is an infinite circle that is a zero, a
              nothing.

              > I sense a kind of frustration here, like someone
              > trying to explain an
              > experience in another dimension but not having any
              > words which point
              > directly at the other dimension.

              Yes, in a sense that would be the case. Pointing to
              nothing can really not be expressed, a dimension of
              non-existance (see the "bake your noodle question
              above"). Since one cannot go to non-existance and come
              back to describe it. This leaves for infinite
              possiblities within exsistance, none of which will not
              link up to itself endlessly.

              > ...Tony

              Peace and Love to you

              http://taxes.yahoo.com/
            • Jason Fishman
              Message 6 of 28 , Mar 1, 2003
                Very good Bob, I haven't dropped out of existance just
                this moment, but you'd better hurry, you never know
                which moment you will realize fully that you don't
                exist!

                Look forward to the new addition, How does one get an
                inner traveler, BTW? I'm sure it was mentioned before,
                yet it has seemed to have slipped my existing memory!

                Peace and Love

                http://taxes.yahoo.com/
              • satkartar7 <mi_nok@yahoo.com>
                Message 7 of 28 , Mar 1, 2003
                  > Hi Jason,
                  >
                  > This is quite a coincidence. After your post, the
                  > very next post I received
                  > was...
                  >
                  > :-) Nothing is something, and Something is really
                  > nothing at all. T'ai Hsu
                  > the "Great Nothing."
                  >
                  > It came one minute after yours.
                  >
                  > Is there some spiritual significance to "nothing"?
                  >
                  > ...Tony
                  >
                  > Well Tony, One can say spiritual, one can say
                  > emotional, one can say physical, all of which leads to
                  > nothing.

                  what are you saying? please name the
                  activities what lead you to something
                  [which is nothing of course]

                  sounds like j* rhetoric, she
                  brutally distorts and simplifies
                  everything to make her point and
                  gives the impression to the ranch
                  members that they have a "special" *understanding* i hope this mutation
                  in thinking can be reversed
                  re-examined and to broaden ones
                  view is still possible

                  Jason, think on your own please

                  God is in the detail. I thing
                  it is admirable to learn the
                  fundamentalist black & white formula
                  and i enjoy the merry go around
                  word-games spinning from something
                  into nothing and than back again a
                  game the ranch elite loves to play..

                  Are you talking about YOUR experience?

                  > One can apparently be following what is called a
                  > spiritual path, meaning their spirit, their soul is
                  > the key to unlocking some mystery. They can attempt to

                  WRONG! spiritual exercize is like
                  the sports it is to optimise ones body-mind-spirit organism [spirit
                  like enthusiasm, will-power not your
                  teachers holy ghost on the way to
                  her Savior, NO NEED TO mystify all]

                  > be fulfilled by fantasizing they are some mystical
                  > force that is housed within a physical body to reach

                  WRONG! again there are forces in the
                  body like the force of an unavoidable
                  bowel movement when one is full of
                  shit and there is a force of a vacuum
                  after all the air is emptied form
                  the lungs, which force than will suck
                  fresh air in

                  and than there is the lifeforce energy
                  of a living organism on the tracks
                  of the nervous system and its plexuses
                  which with training can be
                  manipulated and used to refine the
                  state of this living organism to an
                  optimal point when it radiates
                  intelligence etc

                  > some enlightened phase.

                  YES! which phase one gains
                  *understanding*: of course i mean
                  the RIGHT understanding aka
                  enlightened consciousness

                  This souls search always comes
                  > up short handed, usually with a person looking hard

                  WRONG! it comes up exactly as it does
                  and as it IS

                  > enough saying, what a waste, what a nothing.

                  oh! the proverbial nothing which is something of course,

                  i say it is a time WELL spent

                  > Now most of us already have come to terms with a
                  > physical search. The more money one amasses, or things
                  > a person obtains leads exactly the same place with,
                  > what a waste of time, what a big nothing.
                  >
                  > The emotion search is somewhat more tricky.

                  clean and simple again: each activity is
                  boiled down to to the dirty word to:
                  *SEARCH* which of course leads to
                  nothing [something<->nothing] my head
                  is spinning iam getting dizzy

                  >Each
                  > living being has a set of programs. To feel something
                  > based on a set of conditions. To be angry when
                  > threatened (for survival) to feel loved when cared for
                  > (also for survival of a group) to feel sad of the
                  > loss/change of someone or something (again for a
                  > survival of the group). This again leads to nothing,

                  by now with your disappointments that everything leads to nothing i'm moved
                  to give you something.. i just don't
                  know what ...

                  > following your heart may give one emotional
                  > understanding, yet when ones heart is yanked from
                  > their insides (as the story goes) then that again leads
                  > to the big emptiness of nothing.
                  >
                  > There is a 4 factor in this 3-d world, that is the
                  > tool of the mind which encompasses all of the factors.
                  > To be a witness to the non eternal truth of each
                  > (which are really the make up of a "you"), to
                  > rationalize, experience and conceptualize knowledge
                  > that turns understanding, into wisdom. This is the
                  > heart of the matter, yet even when stepped back in
                  > witness stance, this leads to the same truth. Nothing
                  > (no-existance) is everything.
                  >
                  > This is the eternal truth and a very tough pill to
                  > swallow. To think that everything you have ever done
                  > (in memory) is for not, for a big zero, that you don't
                  > really exist (only in the now), well most cannot even
                  > look at that pill let alone consume it into their very
                  > being. There must be more! People tell themselves, we
                  > want to survive, to be eternal, yet we already are
                  > eternal. Everything that is our makup is eternal, yet
                  > it's not ours, it is merely on loan till the contract
                  > runs out, yet like it or not, at that point you face
                  > the big nothing (no-understood-exsistance), which is
                  > everything!
                  >
                  > Someone once told me, one should practice to die
                  > everynight before going to sleep, this way one is nice
                  > and ready to live the next day! One should make that a
                  > practice, it does quite well and one will be all ready
                  > for death of form when the contract expires.

                  I like to swim and it leads to nothing
                  i like to meditate searchlessly, yoga
                  makes me feel good, [FEEL GOO!!!? i
                  can hear the poliCe cursing UPON
                  HEARING THE OTHER DIRTY WORD] altho
                  i practice yoga without wanting to
                  feel good this is just as the way it is

                  i like to spend some of my time on
                  earth with meditation i noticed it
                  sharpened my intellect: it centers
                  and calms me and gives me something
                  else to do than to think about
                  nothing = something around and around

                  ---love, Karta
                • satkartar7 <mi_nok@yahoo.com>
                  Message 8 of 28 , Mar 1, 2003
                    there are plenty of activities to chose
                    from, and if you say you are a bundle
                    of activities, than the best is to
                    talk about your own: what you know

                    don't ever think that your choice of
                    activities are superior to others

                    and do not assume why others do
                    anything even if it is called 'sadna"
                    just because you were exposed to a
                    very limited view about what spirituality is

                    ----K

                    Message 9 of 28 , Mar 1, 2003
                      Jason Fishman <munkiman4u@y...> wrote:

                      snip
                      > Look forward to the new addition, How does one get an
                      > inner traveler, BTW? I'm sure it was mentioned before,
                      > yet it has seemed to have slipped my existing memory!
                      >
                      > Peace and Love

                      Dear Jason,
                      The Inner Traveler is available by subscription, free with a
                      membership in the Meditation Society of America, or by writing
                      something or sharing artwork for it. Also, I sometimes post the URL
                      for issues here on this group. We also now have available a CD of the
                      first 10 issues. Info can be found on our web site, Meditation Station
                      http://www.meditationsociety.com
                      Here's the URL of our sample issue:
                      http://www.meditationsociety.com/it71808/index.html
                      You will need the Adobe Reader tm 5.0 to read it. If you
                      don't have it, the Adobe Reader can be downloaded at:
                      http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep.html
                      Thanks for asking and I hope you enjoy and benefit from it if you do
                      check it out.
                    • Jason Fishman
                      Message 10 of 28 , Mar 1, 2003
                        > what are you saying? please name the
                        > activities what lead you to something
                        > [which is nothing of course]

                        Any activity, this is what everything includes. For
                        example you and I are having this conversation, you
                        disagree with what is said, where does that get you in
                        your mind? Another example, you have all this great
                        knowledge then one day your mind goes blank (such as
                        amnesia or altzimers disease does over time) what do
                        YOU have left? Does that mean all those things you
                        experienced and knowledge you gained never happened?
                        How would you know? You can't do them over. Think
                        about that, if you will.

                        > sounds like j* rhetoric, she
                        > brutally distorts and simplifies
                        > everything to make her point and
                        > gives the impression to the ranch
                        > members that they have a "special" *understanding* i
                        > hope this mutation
                        > in thinking can be reversed
                        > re-examined and to broaden ones
                        > view is still possible
                        >
                        > Jason, think on your own please

                        Karta, this is on my own, yet it's nothing special,
                        derived from thinking on my own and through the
                        teaching of everything. This is everything, how much
                        broader view can one have?

                        > God is in the detail. I thing
                        > it is admirable to learn the
                        > fundamentalist black & white formula
                        > and i enjoy the merry go around
                        > word-games spinning from something
                        > into nothing and than back again a
                        > game the ranch elite loves to play..

                        Of course god is in the detail. God IS everything,
                        everywhere every moment, you are not seperate from
                        god. There is no fundamentalism, yet everything is
                        fun-da-mental, light and dark, black and white. I'm
                        sorry you have had a bad experience with the ranch,
                        but they are not elite, nor have I been on the ranch
                        list. ALL are you, not seperate from you. Word spining
                        is conversations, tossing concepts to and fro which
                        amounts to nothing more then the moment which is based
                        on everything and nothing equally feeding on each
                        other.

                        > Are you talking about YOUR experience?

                        All experiences are exsistant. As said before one
                        cannot go to no-exsistance and come back to tell of
                        ones experience there.

                        > > One can apparently be following what is called a
                        > > spiritual path, meaning their spirit, their soul
                        > is
                        > > the key to unlocking some mystery. They can
                        > attempt to
                        >
                        > WRONG! spiritual exercize is like
                        > the sports it is to optimise ones body-mind-spirit
                        > organism [spirit
                        > like enthusiasm, will-power not your
                        > teachers holy ghost on the way to
                        > her Savior, NO NEED TO mystify all]

                        Certainly, you said the same thing I said, how can
                        either of us be correct?

                        > > be fulfilled by fantasizing they are some mystical
                        > > force that is housed within a physical body to
                        > reach
                        >
                        > WRONG! again there are forces in the
                        > body like the force of an unavoidable
                        > bowel movement when one is full of
                        > shit and there is a force of a vacuum
                        > after all the air is emptied form
                        > the lungs, which force than will suck
                        > fresh air in
                        >
                        > and than there is the lifeforce energy
                        > of a living organism on the tracks
                        > of the nervous system and its plexuses
                        > which with training can be
                        > manipulated and used to refine the
                        > state of this living organism to an
                        > optimal point when it radiates
                        > intelligence etc

                        Of course, These are all parts of you which is
                        everything. This does not desribe HOW phenomena happen
                        in exsistance. This is something to KNOW. If all of
                        the earth was wiped out where only the soil and water
                        remained, did your knowledge go anywhere? Do you feel
                        you take something with you when death comes? How can
                        you? Everything you have is stored in memory, is in
                        mind, do you take mind with you? Once your gone, you
                        will take nothing more then what you came in with,
                        which is nothing more then everything.

                        > > some enlightened phase.
                        >
                        > YES! which phase one gains
                        > *understanding*: of course i mean
                        > the RIGHT understanding aka
                        > enlightened consciousness

                        Yes, phase one, phase two, phase ten million, all the
                        same thing, amounts to everything, which is already
                        what you have.

                        > This souls search always comes
                        > > up short handed, usually with a person looking
                        > hard
                        >

                        > WRONG! it comes up exactly as it does
                        > and as it IS

                        When you complete these phases, what do you expect to
                        gain? Will you be special then? Seperate from all
                        others and everything?

                        > > enough saying, what a waste, what a nothing.
                        > >

                        > oh! the proverbial nothing which is something of
                        > course,
                        >

                        > i say it is a time WELL spent

                        Of course, what else will one do with the moments that
                        pass? It's all experiences that leads to knowledge,
                        that eventually give one wisdom, if those moments
                        arise that one is willing to ponder experience,
                        nothing more then what you already have.

                        > > Now most of us already have come to terms with a
                        > > physical search. The more money one amasses, or
                        > things
                        > > a person obtains leads exactly the same place
                        > with,
                        > > what a waste of time, what a big nothing.
                        > >
                        > > The emotion search is somewhat more tricky.
                        >
                        > clean and simple again: each activity is
                        > boiled down to to the dirty word to:
                        > *SEARCH* which of course leads to
                        > nothing [something<->nothing] my head
                        > is spinning iam getting dizzy

                        HEHE, getting dizzy is fun! One can decide they are no
                        longer searching, but there is always knowledge to
                        gain, experiences to experience, all of which are the
                        same activity of existance.

                        > >Each
                        > > living being has a set of programs. To feel
                        > something
                        > > based on a set of conditions. To be angry when
                        > > threatened (for survival) to feel loved when cared
                        > for
                        > > (also for survival of a group) to feel sad of the
                        > > loss/change of someone or something (again for a
                        > > survival of the group). This again leads to
                        > nothing,
                        >

                        > by now with your disappointments that everything
                        > leads to nothing i'm moved
                        > to give you something.. i just don't
                        > know what ...

                        I have no disappointments, only freedom and clarity.
                        You can give me anything you'd like, yet I can only
                        retain the knowledge of your understanding for a
                        moment. Anything I do is what it is, then it's gone
                        before it's over, no different then you, it only
                        exists in memory.

                        > > following your heart may give one emotional
                        > > understanding, yet when ones heart is yanked from
                        > > their insides (as the story goes) then that again
                        > leads
                        > > to the big emptiness of nothing.
                        > >
                        > > There is a 4 factor in this 3-d world, that is the
                        > > tool of the mind which encompasses all of the
                        > factors.
                        > > To be a witness to the non eternal truth of each
                        > > (which are really the make up of a "you"), to
                        > > rationalize, experience and conceptualize
                        > knowledge
                        > > that turns understanding, into wisdom. This is the
                        > > heart of the matter, yet even when stepped back in
                        > > witness stance, this leads to the same truth.
                        > Nothing
                        > > (no-existance) is everything.
                        > >
                        > > This is the eternal truth and a very tough pill to
                        > > swallow. To think that everything you have ever
                        > done
                        > > (in memory) is for not, for a big zero, that you
                        > don't
                        > > really exist (only in the now), well most cannot
                        > even
                        > > look at that pill let alone consume it into their
                        > very
                        > > being. There must be more! People tell themselves,
                        > we
                        > > want to survive, to be eternal, yet we already are
                        > > eternal. Everything that is our makup is eternal,
                        > yet
                        > > it's not ours, it is merely on loan till the
                        > contract
                        > > runs out, yet like it or not, at that point you
                        > face
                        > > the big nothing (no-understood-exsistance), which
                        > is
                        > > everything!
                        > >
                        > > Someone once told me, one should practice to die
                        > > everynight before going to sleep, this way one is
                        > nice
                        > > and ready to live the next day! One should make
                        > that a
                        > > practice, it does quite well and one will be all
                        > ready
                        > > for death of form when the contract expires.
                        >

                        > I like to swim and it leads to nothing
                        > i like to meditate searchlessly, yoga
                        > makes me feel good, [FEEL GOO!!!? i
                        > can hear the poliCe cursing UPON
                        > HEARING THE OTHER DIRTY WORD] altho

                        Yup, all experiences exist in the mind, all will be
                        gone in the blink of an eye. Whats left? Nothing :)

                        Peace and love to you Karta

                        http://taxes.yahoo.com/
                      • Jason Fishman
                        Message 11 of 28 , Mar 1, 2003
                          --- medit8ionsociety <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
                          > Jason Fishman <munkiman4u@y...> wrote:
                          >
                          > snip
                          > > Look forward to the new addition, How does one get
                          > an
                          > > inner traveler, BTW? I'm sure it was mentioned
                          > before,
                          > > yet it has seemed to have slipped my existing
                          > memory!
                          > >
                          > > Peace and Love
                          > >
                          > Dear Jason,
                          > The Inner Traveler is available by subscription,
                          > free with a
                          > membership in the Meditation Society of America, or
                          > by writing
                          > something or sharing artwork for it. Also, I
                          > sometimes post the URL
                          > for issues here on this group. We also now have
                          > available a CD of the
                          > first 10 issues. Info can be found on our web site,
                          > Meditation Station
                          > http://www.meditationsociety.com
                          > Here's the URL of our sample issue:
                          > http://www.meditationsociety.com/it71808/index.html
                          > You will need the Adobe Reader tm 5.0 to read it. If
                          > you
                          > don't have it, the Adobe Reader can be downloaded
                          > at:
                          > http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep.html
                          > Thanks for asking and I hope you enjoy and benefit
                          > from it if you do
                          > check it out.
                          > Peace and blessings,
                          > Bob

                          Certainly Bob and thank you. I work in graphic arts.
                          If you require something for your future publications,
                          drop me a note and I'll see what can be done!

                          Peace and Love

                          http://taxes.yahoo.com/
                        • Jason Fishman
                          Message 12 of 28 , Mar 1, 2003
                            --- "satkartar7 <mi_nok@...>" <mi_nok@...>
                            wrote:
                            > there are plenty of activities to chose
                            > from, and if you say you are a bundle
                            > of activities, than the best is to
                            > talk about your own: what you know
                            >
                            > don't ever think that your choice of
                            > activities are superior to others
                            >
                            > and do not assume why others do
                            > anything even if it is called 'sadna"
                            > just because you were exposed to a
                            > very limited view about what spirituality is
                            >
                            > ----K

                            This is what one knows, how could one tell you what
                            you know? In your idea of assumptions... what
                            assumptions are being made? No activities are any more
                            or less of anything any other does, how could it be,
                            it all is the same thing underneath?
                            No limits to everything, yet only nothing remains.

                            Peace and Love

                            http://taxes.yahoo.com/
                          • Gene Poole <gene_poole@qwest.net>
                            Message 13 of 28 , Mar 1, 2003
                              "tosime" <tosime@b...> wrote:
                              > Hi Jason,
                              >
                              > This is quite a coincidence. After your post, the very next post I received
                              > was...
                              >
                              > :-) Nothing is something, and Something is really nothing at all. T'ai Hsu
                              > the "Great Nothing."
                              >
                              > It came one minute after yours.
                              >
                              > Is there some spiritual significance to "nothing"?
                              >
                              > ...Tony

                              If you look at zero you see nothing, but if you look through it you
                              see the world

                              Message 14 of 28 , Mar 2, 2003
                                Jason Fishman <munkiman4u@y...> wrote:
                                Another example, you have all this great
                                > knowledge then one day your mind goes blank (such as
                                > amnesia or altzimers disease does over time) what do
                                > YOU have left? Does that mean all those things you
                                > experienced and knowledge you gained never happened?
                                > How would you know? You can't do them over. Think
                                > about that, if you will.

                                WHY? why would i think about such things

                                > This is everything, how much
                                > broader view can one have?

                                One can dare to be real

                                > Of course, These are all parts of you which is
                                > everything. This does not desribe HOW phenomena happen
                                > in exsistance. This is something to KNOW. If all of
                                > the earth was wiped out where only the soil and water
                                > remained, did your knowledge go anywhere? Do you feel
                                > you take something with you when death comes? How can
                                > you? Everything you have is stored in memory, is in
                                > mind, do you take mind with you? Once your gone, you
                                > will take nothing more then what you came in with,
                                > which is nothing more then everything.
                                >

                                > Yes, phase one, phase two, phase ten million, all the
                                > same thing, amounts to everything, which is already
                                > what you have.

                                You Jason are a philosopher <smiles>

                                > One can decide they are no
                                > longer searching, but there is always knowledge to
                                > gain, experiences to experience, all of which are the
                                > same activity of existance.

                                oh! this obsession with the *search*

                                > This is the
                                > heart of the matter, yet even when stepped back in
                                > witness stance, this leads to the same truth.
                                > Nothing
                                > (no-existance) is everything.
                                >
                                > Yup, all experiences exist in the mind, all will be
                                > gone in the blink of an eye. Whats left? Nothing :)

                                ok Jason, i will keep in mind your
                                advice, that to 'search' is the
                                wrong activity and the notion of
                                the 'nothing' the later Gene's way