Re: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Melody-Jason

  • Melody
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 28, 2003
      >Very true, no real choices, only history. >How can one define the
      >*me* now as a history?

      In other words: What is a 'me' other than
      "as conditioned" by history?

      And when the past no longer drives
      day to day actions....and reactions....
      what's left of the experience of 'me'?

      Not much, I'd say. :-)

      Melody

    • Jason Fishman
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 28, 2003
        --- Melody <melodyande@...> wrote:

        > >Very true, no real choices, only history. >How can
        > one define the
        > >*me* now as a history?
        >

        > In other words: What is a 'me' other than
        > "as conditioned" by history?
        >
        > And when the past no longer drives
        > day to day actions....and reactions....
        > what's left of the experience of 'me'?
        >
        > Not much, I'd say. :-)
        >
        > Melody

        Whats left? hmmm, freedom, openess, clarity, peace,
        everything, yet nothing more or less then ever was.
        How crypticly ironic, huh?

        http://taxes.yahoo.com/