Re: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Melody-Jason

  • Melody
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 28, 2003
      >I see, always useful to let dead dogs lie...

      As if one has a choice
      one way or another. :-)

      And when it seems like we
      do, what is it really, but
      a choice to either behave
      spontaneously (in a new way)
      .....or, "as conditioned"?

      Melody

    • Jason <munkiman4u@yahoo.com>
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 28, 2003
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Melody"
        <melodyande@c...> wrote:
        > >I see, always useful to let dead dogs lie...
        >

        > As if one has a choice
        > one way or another. :-)
        >
        > And when it seems like we
        > do, what is it really, but
        > a choice to either behave
        > spontaneously (in a new way)
        > .....or, "as conditioned"?
        >
        > Melody

        Very true, no real choices, only history. How can one define the
        *me* now as a history? even so, the taste of hot tears are still
        yummy :)
      • Melody
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 28, 2003
          >Very true, no real choices, only history. >How can one define the
          >*me* now as a history?

          In other words: What is a 'me' other than
          "as conditioned" by history?

          And when the past no longer drives
          day to day actions....and reactions....
          what's left of the experience of 'me'?

          Not much, I'd say. :-)

          Melody

        • Jason Fishman
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 28, 2003
            --- Melody <melodyande@...> wrote:

            > >Very true, no real choices, only history. >How can
            > one define the
            > >*me* now as a history?
            >

            > In other words: What is a 'me' other than
            > "as conditioned" by history?
            >
            > And when the past no longer drives
            > day to day actions....and reactions....
            > what's left of the experience of 'me'?
            >
            > Not much, I'd say. :-)
            >
            > Melody

            Whats left? hmmm, freedom, openess, clarity, peace,
            everything, yet nothing more or less then ever was.
            How crypticly ironic, huh?

            http://taxes.yahoo.com/