Re: [Meditation Society of America] Top 10 spiritual practices -Tony

  • Jason <munkiman4u@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 28 , Feb 28, 2003
      No need to thank me :) there is nothing, but everything.

      Peace and Love

      > Hi Jason,
      >
      > Thanks for EVERYTHING...
      >
      > ...Tony
      >
      > Yes, a summary...
      > Everything you have listed equals nothing to do more
      > or less of.
      >
      > You can do meditation, yet you already are doing
      > meditation. You can write and read yahoo groups, yet
      > you already are writing and reading yahoo groups. You
      > can be introspective, yet you already are
      > introspecting. You can live in the now, yet you
      > already are living in the now. You can observe nature,
      > yet everything already is natural. You can teach,
      > study, learn, Yet you already teach, study, and learn.
      > Ahh my favorite, observing children, you already are
      > observing children. My least favorite, attending
      > church, again, you already attend church.
      >
      > This all comes down to a big nothing, a zero. No
      > matter what you do, in your mind, this doing is
      > something you are already doing. There is no doing,
      > yet all is doing. Any words one can express, any doing
      > one does can be flipped to an opposite, I'm not doing
      > this or I'm not saying that. Two opposings cancel
      > there for a zero, nothing. Its a circle of opposing
      > factors which is the summary of all things, a zero, a
      > huge never ending, never begining circle. You don't
      > exist, yet you exists in the mind :)
      >
      > Peace and Love

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
    • tosime
      Message 2 of 28 , Feb 28, 2003
        Hi Jason,

        This is quite a coincidence. After your post, the very next post I received
        was...

        :-) Nothing is something, and Something is really nothing at all. T'ai Hsu
        the "Great Nothing."

        It came one minute after yours.

        Is there some spiritual significance to "nothing"?

        ...Tony

        No need to thank me :) there is nothing, but everything.

        Peace and Love

        > Hi Jason,
        >
        > Thanks for EVERYTHING...
        >
        > ...Tony
        >
        > Yes, a summary...
        > Everything you have listed equals nothing to do more
        > or less of.
        >
        > You can do meditation, yet you already are doing
        > meditation. You can write and read yahoo groups, yet
        > you already are writing and reading yahoo groups. You
        > can be introspective, yet you already are
        > introspecting. You can live in the now, yet you
        > already are living in the now. You can observe nature,
        > yet everything already is natural. You can teach,
        > study, learn, Yet you already teach, study, and learn.
        > Ahh my favorite, observing children, you already are
        > observing children. My least favorite, attending
        > church, again, you already attend church.
        >
        > This all comes down to a big nothing, a zero. No
        > matter what you do, in your mind, this doing is
        > something you are already doing. There is no doing,
        > yet all is doing. Any words one can express, any doing
        > one does can be flipped to an opposite, I'm not doing
        > this or I'm not saying that. Two opposings cancel
        > there for a zero, nothing. Its a circle of opposing
        > factors which is the summary of all things, a zero, a
        > huge never ending, never begining circle. You don't
        > exist, yet you exists in the mind :)
        >
        > Peace and Love

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Jason Fishman
        Message 3 of 28 , Feb 28, 2003
          --- tosime <tosime@...> wrote:
          > Hi Jason,
          >
          > This is quite a coincidence. After your post, the
          > very next post I received
          > was...
          >
          > :-) Nothing is something, and Something is really
          > nothing at all. T'ai Hsu
          > the "Great Nothing."
          >
          > It came one minute after yours.
          >
          > Is there some spiritual significance to "nothing"?
          >
          > ...Tony

          Well Tony, One can say spritual, one can say
          emotional, one can say physical, all of which leads to
          nothing.

          One can apparently be following what is called a
          spiritual path, meaning their spirit, their soul is
          the key to unlocking some mystery. They can attempt to
          be fullfilled by fantasizing they are some mystical
          force that is housed within a physical body to reach
          some enlightened phase. This souls search always comes
          up short handed, usually with a person looking hard
          enough saying, what a waste, what a nothing.

          Now most of us already have come to terms with a
          physical search. The more money one amasses, or things
          a person obtains leds exactly the sasme place with,
          what a waste of time, what a big nothing.

          The emotion search is somewhat more tricky. Each
          living being has a set of programs. To feel something
          based on a set of conditions. To be angry when
          threatened (for survival) to feel loved when cared for
          (also for survival of a group) to feel sad of the
          loss/change of someone or something (again for a
          survival of the group). This again leds to nothing,
          following your heart may give one emotional
          understanding, yet when ones heart is yanked from
          their insides (as the story goes) then that again leds
          to the big emptiness of nothing.

          There is a 4 factor in this 3-d world, that is the
          tool of the mind which encompasses all of the factors.
          To be a witness to the non eternal truth of each
          (which are really the make up of a "you"), to
          rationalize, experience and conceptualize knowledge
          that turns understanding, into wisdom. This is the
          heart of the matter, yet even when stepped back in
          witness stance, this leds to the same truth. Nothing
          (no-existance) is everything.

          This is the eternal truth and a very tough pill to
          swallow. To think that everything you have ever done
          (in memory) is for not, for a big zero, that you don't
          really exist (only in the now), well most cannot even
          look at that pill let alone consume it into their very
          being. There must be more! People tell themselves, we
          want to survive, to be eternal, yet we already are
          eternal. Everything that is our makup is eternal, yet
          it's not ours, it is merely on loan till the contract
          runs out, yet like it or not, at that point you face
          the big nothing (no-understood-exsistance), which is
          everything!

          Someone once told me, one should practice to die
          everynight before going to sleep, this way one is nice
          and ready to live the next day! One should make that a
          practice, it does quite well and one will be all ready
          for death of form when the contract expires.

          http://taxes.yahoo.com/
        • tosime
          Message 4 of 28 , Mar 1, 2003
            Hi Jason,

            This is fascinating stuff. Thanks for giving me a better understanding of
            the "nothing" perspective.

            I was very intrigued with the "4 factor", the witness stance. There is one
            aspect I would like more clarity on. When you say that the witness stance
            leads to the same truth - nothing (non-existence) is everything; is this
            from personal experience or from reasoning? If from personal experience I
            would really appreciate a description of how you realized this. If it is
            from reasoning, I wonder how we would know that any stance is the final
            stance, so to speak. For instance, if we are witnessing the other dimensions
            of our mind, would it be possible to witness ourselves witnessing? (I hope
            this is not getting too complicated!).

            I am simply guessing here. It would seem to me that complexity is the mind's
            perspective. Pure experience is free from complexity and judgment and would
            be very hard to talk about. The "nothing" perspective becomes a mind
            construction. Of the millions of possible constructions, why choose
            "nothing"?

            I sense a kind of frustration here, like someone trying to explain an
            experience in another dimension but not having any words which point
            directly at the other dimension.

            ...Tony

            Message 5 of 28 , Mar 1, 2003

              Jason Fishman <munkiman4u@y...> wrote:

              > Someone once told me, one should practice to die
              > everynight before going to sleep, this way one is nice
              > and ready to live the next day! One should make that a
              > practice, it does quite well and one will be all ready
              > for death of form when the contract expires.

              Yeah, co-incidences. I just got done putting the art in place for the
              lead article in the next issue of The Inner Traveler. The title of the
              article and meditation technique is "Death and How to Prepare For It".
              Way cool that Jason mentions this exact thing in this Now. Gurdjieff
              indicated more than once that the goofiest thing people did was to act
              as if they were immortal and they had all the time in the world to get
              down to serious "Work". Meditating on Death isn't alot of fun, that's
              why it makes for excellent "Intentional Suffering". And Tonyji asks
              "Is there some spiritual significance to "nothing"?" Well, that's a
              significant point. Our ego's and body's, and emotions as well as our
              thoughts are as nothing, have come from nothing, and will certainly be
              nothing for billions of years. With this perspective in place, and it
              actually always is, One is free of everything that happened to or is
              happening to or will ever happen to the fantasy creature we have
              constructed that we call "Me". This Me has alot of "somethings"
              attached to it, and that's where our desire and thus our karma and
              suffering comes in. Without "Me", we have Nothing, and thus nothing to
              worry us. Unfortunatly we take that Me very seriously, and aren't
              serious at all about what we should be serious about, and that is the
              "Work" of annihilating this phantom person. So, as Chief Dan George
              said many times in the excellent film Little Big Man, "Today is a good
              day to die." And that is well worth meditating about.
              BTW, wait til you see the fantastic art that will be featured in the
              article I mentioned. New artist for us, and certainly world quality,
              as are all of our artists and authors. So, don't actually drop the
              physical just yet! :-)
            • Jason Fishman
              Message 6 of 28 , Mar 1, 2003
                --- tosime <tosime@...> wrote:
                > Hi Jason,
                >
                > This is fascinating stuff. Thanks for giving me a
                > better understanding of
                > the "nothing" perspective.

                Actualy Tony, what may really cook your noodle is the
                questions of... how can one of mind take on a
                perspective of no existance? Wouldn't one have to not
                exists to take that stance? And if one does not
                exists, there would be no mind to experience this none
                existance and come back to body to tell of it's
                experience of no existance? Although I do understand
                what your asking for, those questions are a little bit
                deeper then the one you poise below...

                > I was very intrigued with the "4 factor", the
                > witness stance. There is one
                > aspect I would like more clarity on. When you say
                > that the witness stance
                > leads to the same truth - nothing (non-existence) is
                > everything; is this
                > from personal experience or from reasoning?

                Personal experience is also reasoning, one has to rip
                the seperation of conditions apart. You do not exist
                or you exist in states are the only 2 seperations one
                can define. Light or dark, for example.

                If from
                > personal experience I
                > would really appreciate a description of how you
                > realized this. If it is
                > from reasoning, I wonder how we would know that any
                > stance is the final
                > stance, so to speak. For instance, if we are
                > witnessing the other dimensions
                > of our mind, would it be possible to witness
                > ourselves witnessing? (I hope
                > this is not getting too complicated!).

                Not complicated, extremly simple when broken down into
                existance and non-existance. As far as witnessing
                oneself witnessing. Certainly, we can video tape
                ourselves doing something. What you are asking, I
                think, is to witness the mind at work. You and I are
                writing each other, this seems seperated by 2 people
                over a large distance, yet this is the same thing as
                mind witnessing mind, you and I are not separate, only
                of mind. You read my words and hear my perspective,
                your mind makes thoughts about what I'm trying to say
                and breaks them down to logic that you can refer to,
                no different then what I'm doing or your doing in the
                mind. Your seeing inside your own head, everytime you
                listen to or read someone elses words.

                > I am simply guessing here. It would seem to me that
                > complexity is the mind's
                > perspective. Pure experience is free from complexity
                > and judgment and would
                > be very hard to talk about. The "nothing"
                > perspective becomes a mind
                > construction. Of the millions of possible
                > constructions, why choose
                > "nothing"?

                Ahh perfect question. Anything one can construct is
                inside of this reality of existance (so to speak) yet
                after you break down the complexity of whats really
                going on, everyones truth sounds the same, every
                manifestation one can procure becomes complete clarity
                in simplicity. Everything brings one back to nothing,
                over and over and over again, infinitely circular.
                Heres a few questions you can ask yourself... Is it
                just an irony that man has devised a number system
                with a zero (a nothing) that is a simple circle? What
                not an 8 to repesent nothing? Or is that just another
                sumbliminal clue of what everything REALLY comes down
                to? Existance is an infinite circle that is a zero, a
                nothing.

                > I sense a kind of frustration here, like someone
                > trying to explain an
                > experience in another dimension but not having any
                > words which point
                > directly at the other dimension.

                Yes, in a sense that would be the case. Pointing to
                nothing can really not be expressed, a dimension of
                non-existance (see the "bake your noodle question
                above"). Since one cannot go to non-existance and come
                back to describe it. This leaves for infinite
                possiblities within exsistance, none of which will not
                link up to itself endlessly.

                > ...Tony

                Peace and Love to you

                http://taxes.yahoo.com/
              • Jason Fishman
                Message 7 of 28 , Mar 1, 2003
                  Very good Bob, I haven't dropped out of existance just
                  this moment, but you'd better hurry, you never know
                  which moment you will realize fully that you don't
                  exist!

                  Look forward to the new addition, How does one get an
                  inner traveler, BTW? I'm sure it was mentioned before,
                  yet it has seemed to have slipped my existing memory!

                  Peace and Love

                  http://taxes.yahoo.com/
                • satkartar7 <mi_nok@yahoo.com>
                  Message 8 of 28 , Mar 1, 2003
                    > Hi Jason,
                    >
                    > This is quite a coincidence. After your post, the
                    > very next post I received
                    > was...
                    >
                    > :-) Nothing is something, and Something is really
                    > nothing at all. T'ai Hsu
                    > the "Great Nothing."
                    >
                    > It came one minute after yours.
                    >
                    > Is there some spiritual significance to "nothing"?
                    >
                    > ...Tony
                    >
                    > Well Tony, One can say spiritual, one can say
                    > emotional, one can say physical, all of which leads to
                    > nothing.

                    what are you saying? please name the
                    activities what lead you to something
                    [which is nothing of course]

                    sounds like j* rhetoric, she
                    brutally distorts and simplifies
                    everything to make her point and
                    gives the impression to the ranch
                    members that they have a "special" *understanding* i hope this mutation
                    in thinking can be reversed
                    re-examined and to broaden ones
                    view is still possible

                    Jason, think on your own please

                    God is in the detail. I thing
                    it is admirable to learn the
                    fundamentalist black & white formula
                    and i enjoy the merry go around
                    word-games spinning from something
                    into nothing and than back again a
                    game the ranch elite loves to play..

                    Are you talking about YOUR experience?

                    > One can apparently be following what is called a
                    > spiritual path, meaning their spirit, their soul is
                    > the key to unlocking some mystery. They can attempt to

                    WRONG! spiritual exercize is like
                    the sports it is to optimise ones body-mind-spirit organism [spirit
                    like enthusiasm, will-power not your
                    teachers holy ghost on the way to
                    her Savior, NO NEED TO mystify all]

                    > be fulfilled by fantasizing they are some mystical
                    > force that is housed within a physical body to reach

                    WRONG! again there are forces in the
                    body like the force of an unavoidable
                    bowel movement when one is full of
                    shit and there is a force of a vacuum
                    after all the air is emptied form
                    the lungs, which force than will suck
                    fresh air in

                    and than there is the lifeforce energy
                    of a living organism on the tracks
                    of the nervous system and its plexuses
                    which with training can be
                    manipulated and used to refine the
                    state of this living organism to an
                    optimal point when it radiates
                    intelligence etc

                    > some enlightened phase.

                    YES! which phase one gains
                    *understanding*: of course i mean
                    the RIGHT understanding aka
                    enlightened consciousness

                    This souls search always comes
                    > up short handed, usually with a person looking hard

                    WRONG! it comes up exactly as it does
                    and as it IS

                    > enough saying, what a waste, what a nothing.

                    oh! the proverbial nothing which is something of course,

                    i say it is a time WELL spent

                    > Now most of us already have come to terms with a
                    > physical search. The more money one amasses, or things
                    > a person obtains leads exactly the same place with,
                    > what a waste of time, what a big nothing.
                    >
                    > The emotion search is somewhat more tricky.

                    clean and simple again: each activity is
                    boiled down to to the dirty word to:
                    *SEARCH* which of course leads to
                    nothing [something<->nothing] my head
                    is spinning iam getting dizzy

                    >Each
                    > living being has a set of programs. To feel something
                    > based on a set of conditions. To be angry when
                    > threatened (for survival) to feel loved when cared for
                    > (also for survival of a group) to feel sad of the
                    > loss/change of someone or something (again for a
                    > survival of the group). This again leads to nothing,

                    by now with your disappointments that everything leads to nothing i'm moved
                    to give you something.. i just don't
                    know what ...

                    > following your heart may give one emotional
                    > understanding, yet when ones heart is yanked from
                    > their insides (as the story goes) then that again leads
                    > to the big emptiness of nothing.
                    >
                    > There is a 4 factor in this 3-d world, that is the
                    > tool of the mind which encompasses all of the factors.
                    > To be a witness to the non eternal truth of each
                    > (which are really the make up of a "you"), to
                    > rationalize, experience and conceptualize knowledge
                    > that turns understanding, into wisdom. This is the
                    > heart of the matter, yet even when stepped back in
                    > witness stance, this leads to the same truth. Nothing
                    > (no-existance) is everything.
                    >
                    > This is the eternal truth and a very tough pill to
                    > swallow. To think that everything you have ever done
                    > (in memory) is for not, for a big zero, that you don't
                    > really exist (only in the now), well most cannot even
                    > look at that pill let alone consume it into their very
                    > being. There must be more! People tell themselves, we
                    > want to survive, to be eternal, yet we already are
                    > eternal. Everything that is our makup is eternal, yet
                    > it's not ours, it is merely on loan till the contract
                    > runs out, yet like it or not, at that point you face
                    > the big nothing (no-understood-exsistance), which is
                    > everything!
                    >
                    > Someone once told me, one should practice to die
                    > everynight before going to sleep, this way one is nice
                    > and ready to live the next day! One should make that a
                    > practice, it does quite well and one will be all ready
                    > for death of form when the contract expires.

                    I like to swim and it leads to nothing
                    i like to meditate searchlessly, yoga
                    makes me feel good, [FEEL GOO!!!? i
                    can hear the poliCe cursing UPON
                    HEARING THE OTHER DIRTY WORD] altho
                    i practice yoga without wanting to
                    feel good this is just as the way it is

                    i like to spend some of my time on
                    earth with meditation i noticed it
                    sharpened my intellect: it centers
                    and calms me and gives me something
                    else to do than to think about
                    nothing = something around and around

                    ---love, Karta
                  • satkartar7 <mi_nok@yahoo.com>
                    Message 9 of 28 , Mar 1, 2003
                      there are plenty of activities to chose
                      from, and if you say you are a bundle
                      of activities, than the best is to
                      talk about your own: what you know

                      don't ever think that your choice of
                      activities are superior to others

                      and do not assume why others do
                      anything even if it is called 'sadna"
                      just because you were exposed to a
                      very limited view about what spirituality is

                      ----K

                      Message 10 of 28 , Mar 1, 2003
                        Jason Fishman <munkiman4u@y...> wrote:

                        snip
                        > Look forward to the new addition, How does one get an
                        > inner traveler, BTW? I'm sure it was mentioned before,
                        > yet it has seemed to have slipped my existing memory!
                        >
                        > Peace and Love

                        Dear Jason,
                        The Inner Traveler is available by subscription, free with a
                        membership in the Meditation Society of America, or by writing
                        something or sharing artwork for it. Also, I sometimes post the URL
                        for issues here on this group. We also now have available a CD of the
                        first 10 issues. Info can be found on our web site, Meditation Station
                        http://www.meditationsociety.com
                        Here's the URL of our sample issue:
                        http://www.meditationsociety.com/it71808/index.html
                        You will need the Adobe Reader tm 5.0 to read it. If you
                        don't have it, the Adobe Reader can be downloaded at:
                        http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep.html
                        Thanks for asking and I hope you enjoy and benefit from it if you do
                        check it out.
                      • Jason Fishman
                        Message 11 of 28 , Mar 1, 2003
                          > what are you saying? please name the
                          > activities what lead you to something
                          > [which is nothing of course]

                          Any activity, this is what everything includes. For
                          example you and I are having this conversation, you
                          disagree with what is said, where does that get you in
                          your mind? Another example, you have all this great
                          knowledge then one day your mind goes blank (such as
                          amnesia or altzimers disease does over time) what do
                          YOU have left? Does that mean all those things you
                          experienced and knowledge you gained never happened?
                          How would you know? You can't do them over. Think
                          about that, if you will.

                          > sounds like j* rhetoric, she
                          > brutally distorts and simplifies
                          > everything to make her point and
                          > gives the impression to the ranch
                          > members that they have a "special" *understanding* i
                          > hope this mutation
                          > in thinking can be reversed
                          > re-examined and to broaden ones
                          > view is still possible
                          >
                          > Jason, think on your own please

                          Karta, this is on my own, yet it's nothing special,
                          derived from thinking on my own and through the
                          teaching of everything. This is everything, how much
                          broader view can one have?

                          > God is in the detail. I thing
                          > it is admirable to learn the
                          > fundamentalist black & white formula
                          > and i enjoy the merry go around
                          > word-games spinning from something
                          > into nothing and than back again a
                          > game the ranch elite loves to play..

                          Of course god is in the detail. God IS everything,
                          everywhere every moment, you are not seperate from
                          god. There is no fundamentalism, yet everything is
                          fun-da-mental, light and dark, black and white. I'm
                          sorry you have had a bad experience with the ranch,
                          but they are not elite, nor have I been on the ranch
                          list. ALL are you, not seperate from you. Word spining
                          is conversations, tossing concepts to and fro which
                          amounts to nothing more then the moment which is based
                          on everything and nothing equally feeding on each
                          other.

                          > Are you talking about YOUR experience?

                          All experiences are exsistant. As said before one
                          cannot go to no-exsistance and come back to tell of
                          ones experience there.

                          > > One can apparently be following what is called a
                          > > spiritual path, meaning their spirit, their soul
                          > is
                          > > the key to unlocking some mystery. They can
                          > attempt to
                          >
                          > WRONG! spiritual exercize is like
                          > the sports it is to optimise ones body-mind-spirit
                          > organism [spirit
                          > like enthusiasm, will-power not your
                          > teachers holy ghost on the way to
                          > her Savior, NO NEED TO mystify all]

                          Certainly, you said the same thing I said, how can
                          either of us be correct?

                          > > be fulfilled by fantasizing they are some mystical
                          > > force that is housed within a physical body to
                          > reach
                          >
                          > WRONG! again there are forces in the
                          > body like the force of an unavoidable
                          > bowel movement when one is full of
                          > shit and there is a force of a vacuum
                          > after all the air is emptied form
                          > the lungs, which force than will suck
                          > fresh air in
                          >
                          > and than there is the lifeforce energy
                          > of a living organism on the tracks
                          > of the nervous system and its plexuses
                          > which with training can be
                          > manipulated and used to refine the
                          > state of this living organism to an
                          > optimal point when it radiates
                          > intelligence etc

                          Of course, These are all parts of you which is
                          everything. This does not desribe HOW phenomena happen
                          in exsistance. This is something to KNOW. If all of
                          the earth was wiped out where only the soil and water
                          remained, did your knowledge go anywhere? Do you feel
                          you take something with you when death comes? How can
                          you? Everything you have is stored in memory, is in
                          mind, do you take mind with you? Once your gone, you
                          will take nothing more then what you came in with,
                          which is nothing more then everything.

                          > > some enlightened phase.
                          >
                          > YES! which phase one gains
                          > *understanding*: of course i mean
                          > the RIGHT understanding aka
                          > enlightened consciousness

                          Yes, phase one, phase two, phase ten million, all the
                          same thing, amounts to everything, which is already
                          what you have.

                          > This souls search always comes
                          > > up short handed, usually with a person looking
                          > hard
                          >

                          > WRONG! it comes up exactly as it does
                          > and as it IS

                          When you complete these phases, what do you expect to
                          gain? Will you be special then? Seperate from all
                          others and everything?

                          > > enough saying, what a waste, what a nothing.
                          > >

                          > oh! the proverbial nothing which is something of
                          > course,
                          >

                          > i say it is a time WELL spent

                          Of course, what else will one do with the moments that
                          pass? It's all experiences that leads to knowledge,
                          that eventually give one wisdom, if those moments
                          arise that one is willing to ponder experience,
                          nothing more then what you already have.

                          > > Now most of us already have come to terms with a
                          > > physical search. The more money one amasses, or
                          > things
                          > > a person obtains leads exactly the same place
                          > with,
                          > > what a waste of time, what a big nothing.
                          > >
                          > > The emotion search is somewhat more tricky.
                          >
                          > clean and simple again: each activity is
                          > boiled down to to the dirty word to:
                          > *SEARCH* which of course leads to
                          > nothing [something<->nothing] my head
                          > is spinning iam getting dizzy

                          HEHE, getting dizzy is fun! One can decide they are no
                          longer searching, but there is always knowledge to
                          gain, experiences to experience, all of which are the
                          same activity of existance.

                          > >Each
                          > > living being has a set of programs. To feel
                          > something
                          > > based on a set of conditions. To be angry when
                          > > threatened (for survival) to feel loved when cared
                          > for
                          > > (also for survival of a group) to feel sad of the
                          > > loss/change of someone or something (again for a
                          > > survival of the group). This again leads to
                          > nothing,
                          >

                          > by now with your disappointments that everything
                          > leads to nothing i'm moved
                          > to give you something.. i just don't
                          > know what ...

                          I have no disappointments, only freedom and clarity.
                          You can give me anything you'd like, yet I can only
                          retain the knowledge of your understanding for a
                          moment. Anything I do is what it is, then it's gone
                          before it's over, no different then you, it only
                          exists in memory.

                          > > following your heart may give one emotional
                          > > understanding, yet when ones heart is yanked from
                          > > their insides (as the story goes) then that again
                          > leads
                          > > to the big emptiness of nothing.
                          > >
                          > > There is a 4 factor in this 3-d world, that is the
                          > > tool of the mind which encompasses all of the
                          > factors.
                          > > To be a witness to the non eternal truth of each
                          > > (which are really the make up of a "you"), to
                          > > rationalize, experience and conceptualize
                          > knowledge
                          > > that turns understanding, into wisdom. This is the
                          > > heart of the matter, yet even when stepped back in
                          > > witness stance, this leads to the same truth.
                          > Nothing
                          > > (no-existance) is everything.
                          > >
                          > > This is the eternal truth and a very tough pill to
                          > > swallow. To think that everything you have ever
                          > done
                          > > (in memory) is for not, for a big zero, that you
                          > don't
                          > > really exist (only in the now), well most cannot
                          > even
                          > > look at that pill let alone consume it into their
                          > very
                          > > being. There must be more! People tell themselves,
                          > we
                          > > want to survive, to be eternal, yet we already are
                          > > eternal. Everything that is our makup is eternal,
                          > yet
                          > > it's not ours, it is merely on loan till the
                          > contract
                          > > runs out, yet like it or not, at that point you
                          > face
                          > > the big nothing (no-understood-exsistance), which
                          > is
                          > > everything!
                          > >
                          > > Someone once told me, one should practice to die
                          > > everynight before going to sleep, this way one is
                          > nice
                          > > and ready to live the next day! One should make
                          > that a
                          > > practice, it does quite well and one will be all
                          > ready
                          > > for death of form when the contract expires.
                          >

                          > I like to swim and it leads to nothing
                          > i like to meditate searchlessly, yoga
                          > makes me feel good, [FEEL GOO!!!? i
                          > can hear the poliCe cursing UPON
                          > HEARING THE OTHER DIRTY WORD] altho

                          Yup, all experiences exist in the mind, all will be
                          gone in the blink of an eye. Whats left? Nothing :)

                          Peace and love to you Karta

                          http://taxes.yahoo.com/
                        • Jason Fishman
                          Message 12 of 28 , Mar 1, 2003
                            --- medit8ionsociety <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
                            > Jason Fishman <munkiman4u@y...> wrote:
                            >
                            > snip
                            > > Look forward to the new addition, How does one get
                            > an
                            > > inner traveler, BTW? I'm sure it was mentioned
                            > before,
                            > > yet it has seemed to have slipped my existing
                            > memory!
                            > >
                            > > Peace and Love
                            > >
                            > Dear Jason,
                            > The Inner Traveler is available by subscription,
                            > free with a
                            > membership in the Meditation Society of America, or
                            > by writing
                            > something or sharing artwork for it. Also, I
                            > sometimes post the URL
                            > for issues here on this group. We also now have
                            > available a CD of the
                            > first 10 issues. Info can be found on our web site,
                            > Meditation Station
                            > http://www.meditationsociety.com
                            > Here's the URL of our sample issue:
                            > http://www.meditationsociety.com/it71808/index.html
                            > You will need the Adobe Reader tm 5.0 to read it. If
                            > you
                            > don't have it, the Adobe Reader can be downloaded
                            > at:
                            > http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep.html
                            > Thanks for asking and I hope you enjoy and benefit
                            > from it if you do
                            > check it out.
                            > Peace and blessings,
                            > Bob

                            Certainly Bob and thank you. I work in graphic arts.
                            If you require something for your future publications,
                            drop me a note and I'll see what can be done!

                            Peace and Love

                            http://taxes.yahoo.com/
                          • Jason Fishman
                            Message 13 of 28 , Mar 1, 2003
                              --- "satkartar7 <mi_nok@...>" <mi_nok@...>
                              wrote:
                              > there are plenty of activities to chose
                              > from, and if you say you are a bundle
                              > of activities, than the best is to
                              > talk about your own: what you know
                              >
                              > don't ever think that your choice of
                              > activities are superior to others
                              >
                              > and do not assume why others do
                              > anything even if it is called 'sadna"
                              > just because you were exposed to a
                              > very limited view about what spirituality is
                              >
                              > ----K

                              This is what one knows, how could one tell you what
                              you know? In your idea of assumptions... what
                              assumptions are being made? No activities are any more
                              or less of anything any other does, how could it be,
                              it all is the same thing underneath?
                              No limits to everything, yet only nothing remains.

                              Peace and Love

                              http://taxes.yahoo.com/
                            • Gene Poole <gene_poole@qwest.net>
                              Message 14 of 28 , Mar 1, 2003
                                "tosime" <tosime@b...> wrote:
                                > Hi Jason,
                                >
                                > This is quite a coincidence. After your post, the very next post I received
                                > was...
                                >
                                > :-) Nothing is something, and Something is really nothing at all. T'ai Hsu
                                > the "Great Nothing."
                                >
                                > It came one minute after yours.
                                >
                                > Is there some spiritual significance to "nothing"?
                                >
                                > ...Tony

                                If you look at zero you see nothing, but if you look through it you
                                see the world

                                Message 15 of 28 , Mar 2, 2003
                                  Jason Fishman <munkiman4u@y...> wrote:
                                  Another example, you have all this great
                                  > knowledge then one day your mind goes blank (such as
                                  > amnesia or altzimers disease does over time) what do
                                  > YOU have left? Does that mean all those things you
                                  > experienced and knowledge you gained never happened?
                                  > How would you know? You can't do them over. Think
                                  > about that, if you will.

                                  WHY? why would i think about such things

                                  > This is everything, how much
                                  > broader view can one have?

                                  One can dare to be real

                                  > Of course, These are all parts of you which is
                                  > everything. This does not desribe HOW phenomena happen
                                  > in exsistance. This is something to KNOW. If all of
                                  > the earth was wiped out where only the soil and water
                                  > remained, did your knowledge go anywhere? Do you feel
                                  > you take something with you when death comes? How can
                                  > you? Everything you have is stored in memory, is in
                                  > mind, do you take mind with you? Once your gone, you
                                  > will take nothing more then what you came in with,
                                  > which is nothing more then everything.
                                  >

                                  > Yes, phase one, phase two, phase ten million, all the
                                  > same thing, amounts to everything, which is already
                                  > what you have.

                                  You Jason are a philosopher <smiles>

                                  > One can decide they are no
                                  > longer searching, but there is always knowledge to
                                  > gain, experiences to experience, all of which are the
                                  > same activity of existance.

                                  oh! this obsession with the *search*

                                  > This is the
                                  > heart of the matter, yet even when stepped back in
                                  > witness stance, this leads to the same truth.
                                  > Nothing
                                  > (no-existance) is everything.
                                  >
                                  > Yup, all experiences exist in the mind, all will be
                                  > gone in the blink of an eye. Whats left? Nothing :)

                                  ok Jason, i will keep in mind your
                                  advice, that to 'search' is the
                                  wrong activity and the notion of
                                  the 'nothing' the later Gene's way