Re: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Dr Daryl Banned

  • Melody
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 28, 2003
      >Ahhh this clears up quite a bit... Nothing like opening old wounds.

      It clears up, for me, what has
      driven my participation for so
      long on these lists.....especially
      in reference to Judi and her
      'supporters': underneath there
      has been a desire...not just desire,
      but insistence....that people see
      that this stuff hurts, and to be
      made to see that the
      'abusers' aren't what they appear to
      be. (My brother is a department
      chair at a major university....and
      a church deacon.)

      You know...the impression I got
      from my folks was that they didn't
      want...and refused to let....any
      'facts' interrupt their 'idea' of who
      my brother was.

      I've been seeing many of you, here,
      in the same light - as refusing to
      hear anything that would contradict
      your current regard for Judi.

      Gene had it wrong the other day when
      he said I was playing out the mythos
      of trying to "save Judi from herself".

      Although I, too, believed that.

      I see here, for the first time, that
      my quest has been to convince you all
      (as representing my 'parents') that
      people aren't what they seem....that
      real ugliness can be hidden....AND
      to get you to admit that what she
      does to people is 'wrong' and 'bad'.

      For years, I had convinced myself that
      I was doing something 'heroic' in my
      dealings with my brother since. And
      it was easy for me to enjoy a sense of
      heroics in putting Judi's 'sins' on
      a banner and waving it. But there's
      nothing heroic about any of that. Not
      a damned thing. I've been everybit as delusional
      in my responses as I accused my parents of being.

      Whoever said "the truth hurts"
      sure got that right.

    • Jason <munkiman4u@yahoo.com>
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 28, 2003
        This is great that your getting this out. Yet, what is the
        understanding gained? That you are just as blind? In other words
        I'm trying to figure out the exact "ah-ha" you are seeing.

        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Melody"