[Meditation Society of America] Re: Dr Daryl Banned

  • Jason <munkiman4u@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 28, 2003
      Ahhh this clears up quite a bit... Nothing like opening old wounds.
      > >Do elaborate, melody
      >

      > Oh...only briefly.
      >
      > I've just come face to face
      > with an affliction....kind of
      > a core wound, if you will.
      >
      > Greg and Bob just played the
      > part of my parents here....after
      > I told my folks that my brother had been raping me
      > for years.
      >
      > Their response was so very similar: "apples
      > and oranges" kind of stuff....that what my brother did
      > wasn't really 'abuse'.
      >
      > That hurt more than anything I had ever
      > endured from my brother.
      >
      > And... as I've just discovered this moment...
      > it still does. Like you wouldn't believe.
      >
      > So not to feed this 'story' any more, I'm
      > just going to stand still a while and feel
      > it....let the heart crack all the way open.
      >
      > Melody

    • Melody
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 28, 2003
        >Ahhh this clears up quite a bit... Nothing like opening old wounds.

        It clears up, for me, what has
        driven my participation for so
        long on these lists.....especially
        in reference to Judi and her
        'supporters': underneath there
        has been a desire...not just desire,
        but insistence....that people see
        that this stuff hurts, and to be
        made to see that the
        'abusers' aren't what they appear to
        be. (My brother is a department
        chair at a major university....and
        a church deacon.)

        You know...the impression I got
        from my folks was that they didn't
        want...and refused to let....any
        'facts' interrupt their 'idea' of who
        my brother was.

        I've been seeing many of you, here,
        in the same light - as refusing to
        hear anything that would contradict
        your current regard for Judi.

        Gene had it wrong the other day when
        he said I was playing out the mythos
        of trying to "save Judi from herself".

        Although I, too, believed that.

        I see here, for the first time, that
        my quest has been to convince you all
        (as representing my 'parents') that
        people aren't what they seem....that
        real ugliness can be hidden....AND
        to get you to admit that what she
        does to people is 'wrong' and 'bad'.

        For years, I had convinced myself that
        I was doing something 'heroic' in my
        dealings with my brother since. And
        it was easy for me to enjoy a sense of
        heroics in putting Judi's 'sins' on
        a banner and waving it. But there's
        nothing heroic about any of that. Not
        a damned thing. I've been everybit as delusional
        in my responses as I accused my parents of being.

        Whoever said "the truth hurts"
        sure got that right.

      • Jason <munkiman4u@yahoo.com>
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 28, 2003
          This is great that your getting this out. Yet, what is the
          understanding gained? That you are just as blind? In other words
          I'm trying to figure out the exact "ah-ha" you are seeing.

          --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Melody"