Re: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Dr Daryl Banned

  • Melody
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 28, 2003
      >Do elaborate, melody

      Oh...only briefly.

      I've just come face to face
      with an affliction....kind of
      a core wound, if you will.

      Greg and Bob just played the
      part of my parents here....after
      I told my folks that my brother had been raping me
      for years.

      Their response was so very similar: "apples
      and oranges" kind of stuff....that what my brother did
      wasn't really 'abuse'.

      That hurt more than anything I had ever
      endured from my brother.

      And... as I've just discovered this moment...
      it still does. Like you wouldn't believe.

      So not to feed this 'story' any more, I'm
      just going to stand still a while and feel
      it....let the heart crack all the way open.

      Melody

    • Jason <munkiman4u@yahoo.com>
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 28, 2003
        Ahhh this clears up quite a bit... Nothing like opening old wounds.
        > >Do elaborate, melody
        >

        > Oh...only briefly.
        >
        > I've just come face to face
        > with an affliction....kind of
        > a core wound, if you will.
        >
        > Greg and Bob just played the
        > part of my parents here....after
        > I told my folks that my brother had been raping me
        > for years.
        >
        > Their response was so very similar: "apples
        > and oranges" kind of stuff....that what my brother did
        > wasn't really 'abuse'.
        >
        > That hurt more than anything I had ever
        > endured from my brother.
        >
        > And... as I've just discovered this moment...
        > it still does. Like you wouldn't believe.
        >
        > So not to feed this 'story' any more, I'm
        > just going to stand still a while and feel
        > it....let the heart crack all the way open.
        >
        > Melody

      • Melody
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 28, 2003
          >Ahhh this clears up quite a bit... Nothing like opening old wounds.

          It clears up, for me, what has
          driven my participation for so
          long on these lists.....especially
          in reference to Judi and her
          'supporters': underneath there
          has been a desire...not just desire,
          but insistence....that people see
          that this stuff hurts, and to be
          made to see that the
          'abusers' aren't what they appear to
          be. (My brother is a department
          chair at a major university....and
          a church deacon.)

          You know...the impression I got
          from my folks was that they didn't
          want...and refused to let....any
          'facts' interrupt their 'idea' of who
          my brother was.

          I've been seeing many of you, here,
          in the same light - as refusing to
          hear anything that would contradict
          your current regard for Judi.

          Gene had it wrong the other day when
          he said I was playing out the mythos
          of trying to "save Judi from herself".

          Although I, too, believed that.

          I see here, for the first time, that
          my quest has been to convince you all
          (as representing my 'parents') that
          people aren't what they seem....that
          real ugliness can be hidden....AND
          to get you to admit that what she
          does to people is 'wrong' and 'bad'.

          For years, I had convinced myself that
          I was doing something 'heroic' in my
          dealings with my brother since. And
          it was easy for me to enjoy a sense of
          heroics in putting Judi's 'sins' on
          a banner and waving it. But there's
          nothing heroic about any of that. Not
          a damned thing. I've been everybit as delusional
          in my responses as I accused my parents of being.

          Whoever said "the truth hurts"
          sure got that right.

        • Jason <munkiman4u@yahoo.com>
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 28, 2003
            This is great that your getting this out. Yet, what is the
            understanding gained? That you are just as blind? In other words
            I'm trying to figure out the exact "ah-ha" you are seeing.

            --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Melody"