Re: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Dr Daryl Banned

  • Jason Fishman
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 28, 2003
      Do elaborate, melody

      http://taxes.yahoo.com/
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 28, 2003
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Melody"
        <melodyande@c...> wrote:

        snip

        > What's next? Changing the list to
        > moderated status? Approving all
        > new subscriptions...and putting them
        > on moderated status?

        For quite a while the list's membership has been subject to approval.
        This came about because for a while, we were put in a situation where
        if you opened a post, you were sent to a neverending forwarding to
        porno sites. Thanks to Sri Jerryji of NDS's suggestion, we dealt with
        that well by going to moderated membership. Similarly, when Neo Nazi's
        starting posting racist messages, they were banned. DrDaryl's death
        threats are worthy of banishment. Now, we see him posting under a
        false name (Ganga's!), and Yahoo has been made aware of this (Thanks
        Gregji!). If we have to, to prevent violence, we will go to moderated
        posts. BTW, Am I wrong to think that if I banned Judi for her words,
        you would be very in favor of that. But, I see her words as leading to
        introspection, and his having the potential to lead to real physical
        acting out. I hope I'm wrong about him, but better safe than sorry,
        and other similar cliche's.

        > Yeah, I know. It's your list Bob, and you're
        > free to moderate it as you choose. It's
        > just that seems that one day we might
        > learn from 'experience'..
        >
        > Melody

        I work with Psych patients every day, and I have learned from
        experience that it is rare that you can underestimate a sociopathic
        personality's actions.
      • Melody
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 28, 2003
          >Do elaborate, melody

          Oh...only briefly.

          I've just come face to face
          with an affliction....kind of
          a core wound, if you will.

          Greg and Bob just played the
          part of my parents here....after
          I told my folks that my brother had been raping me
          for years.

          Their response was so very similar: "apples
          and oranges" kind of stuff....that what my brother did
          wasn't really 'abuse'.

          That hurt more than anything I had ever
          endured from my brother.

          And... as I've just discovered this moment...
          it still does. Like you wouldn't believe.

          So not to feed this 'story' any more, I'm
          just going to stand still a while and feel
          it....let the heart crack all the way open.

          Melody

        • Jason <munkiman4u@yahoo.com>
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 28, 2003
            Ahhh this clears up quite a bit... Nothing like opening old wounds.
            > >Do elaborate, melody
            >

            > Oh...only briefly.
            >
            > I've just come face to face
            > with an affliction....kind of
            > a core wound, if you will.
            >
            > Greg and Bob just played the
            > part of my parents here....after
            > I told my folks that my brother had been raping me
            > for years.
            >
            > Their response was so very similar: "apples
            > and oranges" kind of stuff....that what my brother did
            > wasn't really 'abuse'.
            >
            > That hurt more than anything I had ever
            > endured from my brother.
            >
            > And... as I've just discovered this moment...
            > it still does. Like you wouldn't believe.
            >
            > So not to feed this 'story' any more, I'm
            > just going to stand still a while and feel
            > it....let the heart crack all the way open.
            >
            > Melody

          • Melody
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 28, 2003
              >Ahhh this clears up quite a bit... Nothing like opening old wounds.

              It clears up, for me, what has
              driven my participation for so
              long on these lists.....especially
              in reference to Judi and her
              'supporters': underneath there
              has been a desire...not just desire,
              but insistence....that people see
              that this stuff hurts, and to be
              made to see that the
              'abusers' aren't what they appear to
              be. (My brother is a department
              chair at a major university....and
              a church deacon.)

              You know...the impression I got
              from my folks was that they didn't
              want...and refused to let....any
              'facts' interrupt their 'idea' of who
              my brother was.

              I've been seeing many of you, here,
              in the same light - as refusing to
              hear anything that would contradict
              your current regard for Judi.

              Gene had it wrong the other day when
              he said I was playing out the mythos
              of trying to "save Judi from herself".

              Although I, too, believed that.

              I see here, for the first time, that
              my quest has been to convince you all
              (as representing my 'parents') that
              people aren't what they seem....that
              real ugliness can be hidden....AND
              to get you to admit that what she
              does to people is 'wrong' and 'bad'.

              For years, I had convinced myself that
              I was doing something 'heroic' in my
              dealings with my brother since. And
              it was easy for me to enjoy a sense of
              heroics in putting Judi's 'sins' on
              a banner and waving it. But there's
              nothing heroic about any of that. Not
              a damned thing. I've been everybit as delusional
              in my responses as I accused my parents of being.

              Whoever said "the truth hurts"
              sure got that right.

            • Jason <munkiman4u@yahoo.com>
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 28, 2003
                This is great that your getting this out. Yet, what is the
                understanding gained? That you are just as blind? In other words
                I'm trying to figure out the exact "ah-ha" you are seeing.