Re: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Dr Daryl Banned

  • Melody
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 28, 2003
      >As long as this kind of stuff
      triggers a response, this kind
      of stuff continues.

      Man, oh man. Speaking of triggering
      a response. This one has triggered
      a really deeply rooted one in me.

      Talk about achilles heels....hoo boy.

      Lots of stuff makes sense now.

      As I said below,

      "It's just that it seems that one day we might learn from 'experience'..."

      Today seems to be a good day to do just that.
      The 'pattern' is now obvious.

      I'm grateful for this thread. Well....kind of grateful. :-)

      Melody

    • Jason Fishman
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 28, 2003
        Do elaborate, melody

        http://taxes.yahoo.com/
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 28, 2003
          --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Melody"
          <melodyande@c...> wrote:

          snip

          > What's next? Changing the list to
          > moderated status? Approving all
          > new subscriptions...and putting them
          > on moderated status?

          For quite a while the list's membership has been subject to approval.
          This came about because for a while, we were put in a situation where
          if you opened a post, you were sent to a neverending forwarding to
          porno sites. Thanks to Sri Jerryji of NDS's suggestion, we dealt with
          that well by going to moderated membership. Similarly, when Neo Nazi's
          starting posting racist messages, they were banned. DrDaryl's death
          threats are worthy of banishment. Now, we see him posting under a
          false name (Ganga's!), and Yahoo has been made aware of this (Thanks
          Gregji!). If we have to, to prevent violence, we will go to moderated
          posts. BTW, Am I wrong to think that if I banned Judi for her words,
          you would be very in favor of that. But, I see her words as leading to
          introspection, and his having the potential to lead to real physical
          acting out. I hope I'm wrong about him, but better safe than sorry,
          and other similar cliche's.

          > Yeah, I know. It's your list Bob, and you're
          > free to moderate it as you choose. It's
          > just that seems that one day we might
          > learn from 'experience'..
          >
          > Melody

          I work with Psych patients every day, and I have learned from
          experience that it is rare that you can underestimate a sociopathic
          personality's actions.
        • Melody
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 28, 2003
            >Do elaborate, melody

            Oh...only briefly.

            I've just come face to face
            with an affliction....kind of
            a core wound, if you will.

            Greg and Bob just played the
            part of my parents here....after
            I told my folks that my brother had been raping me
            for years.

            Their response was so very similar: "apples
            and oranges" kind of stuff....that what my brother did
            wasn't really 'abuse'.

            That hurt more than anything I had ever
            endured from my brother.

            And... as I've just discovered this moment...
            it still does. Like you wouldn't believe.

            So not to feed this 'story' any more, I'm
            just going to stand still a while and feel
            it....let the heart crack all the way open.

            Melody

          • Jason <munkiman4u@yahoo.com>
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 28, 2003
              Ahhh this clears up quite a bit... Nothing like opening old wounds.
              > >Do elaborate, melody
              >

              > Oh...only briefly.
              >
              > I've just come face to face
              > with an affliction....kind of
              > a core wound, if you will.
              >
              > Greg and Bob just played the
              > part of my parents here....after
              > I told my folks that my brother had been raping me
              > for years.
              >
              > Their response was so very similar: "apples
              > and oranges" kind of stuff....that what my brother did
              > wasn't really 'abuse'.
              >
              > That hurt more than anything I had ever
              > endured from my brother.
              >
              > And... as I've just discovered this moment...
              > it still does. Like you wouldn't believe.
              >
              > So not to feed this 'story' any more, I'm
              > just going to stand still a while and feel
              > it....let the heart crack all the way open.
              >
              > Melody

            • Melody
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 28, 2003
                >Ahhh this clears up quite a bit... Nothing like opening old wounds.

                It clears up, for me, what has
                driven my participation for so
                long on these lists.....especially
                in reference to Judi and her
                'supporters': underneath there
                has been a desire...not just desire,
                but insistence....that people see
                that this stuff hurts, and to be
                made to see that the
                'abusers' aren't what they appear to
                be. (My brother is a department
                chair at a major university....and
                a church deacon.)

                You know...the impression I got
                from my folks was that they didn't
                want...and refused to let....any
                'facts' interrupt their 'idea' of who
                my brother was.

                I've been seeing many of you, here,
                in the same light - as refusing to
                hear anything that would contradict
                your current regard for Judi.

                Gene had it wrong the other day when
                he said I was playing out the mythos
                of trying to "save Judi from herself".

                Although I, too, believed that.

                I see here, for the first time, that
                my quest has been to convince you all
                (as representing my 'parents') that
                people aren't what they seem....that
                real ugliness can be hidden....AND
                to get you to admit that what she
                does to people is 'wrong' and 'bad'.

                For years, I had convinced myself that
                I was doing something 'heroic' in my
                dealings with my brother since. And
                it was easy for me to enjoy a sense of
                heroics in putting Judi's 'sins' on
                a banner and waving it. But there's
                nothing heroic about any of that. Not
                a damned thing. I've been everybit as delusional
                in my responses as I accused my parents of being.

                Whoever said "the truth hurts"
                sure got that right.

              • Jason <munkiman4u@yahoo.com>
                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 28, 2003
                  This is great that your getting this out. Yet, what is the
                  understanding gained? That you are just as blind? In other words
                  I'm trying to figure out the exact "ah-ha" you are seeing.