Re: Fw: The Wisdom of Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj

  • lakshmi38586 <freyjartist@aol.com>
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 28, 2003
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "satkartar7
      <mi_nok@y...>" <mi_nok@y...> wrote:
      > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Melody"
      <melodyande@c...> wrote:
      > > Gems from Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj's Conversations
      > >
      > > "Learn to look without imagination,
      > > to listen without distortion: that is all.
      > >
      > > Stop attributing names and shapes to the
      > > essentially nameless and formless,
      >

      > the above are new to me Freyja,
      >
      > and from a new angle to,
      >
      > once in a thread between you and
      > Melody it was mentioned, that no
      > abstract thought in communication
      > is a good thing
      >
      > please elaborate on that
      >

      > ---Karta

      Dear Karta,

      I am not sure of the context in which this
      may have been mentioned....but i am
      a big fan of abstract thought, anytime.
      I may not agree with everything, but
      that's something else.

      Sometimes, it might be more effective communication to stay
      on one level; or depending on the situation,
      it might be necessary to
      make clear transitions.

      Ultimately, there are no hard and fast rules,
      including what i agree or disagree
      with from moment to moment.

      love
      Freyja