Re: Binaural Beat Technology for Altered States and Meditation ??

  • texasbg2000
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 7, 2002
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@y..., "tosime2001" <tosime@l...>
      wrote:
      > Hi Bobby G,

      Hi Tony:

      > Could you describe how your sessions on the David Paradise machine
      > went?

      Yes, the machine comes with preset programs that you key in on the
      pad. A booklet describes what brainwave frequency and what brain
      hemisphere will be progammed and the effects. Don the eyepieces and
      earphones and begin the session. Light and sound pulses induce the
      brainwaves.
      I found it very effective.

      > Also, what happened when you started meditating on the "I Am"? What
      > is your explanation for why the machine had no effect?

      I believe the I Am meditation is a balanced mix of brainwaves that is
      stable. It is an effortless meditation.
      Constraint of the fluctuations (vrittis) of Consciousness is the goal
      IMO of all spiritual programs. The I Am is the Aham vritti or first
      fluctuation. If it is held stable in the mind, then all others are
      also.
      Impressions even those from a machine plugged into the senses
      metaphorically bounce off it.
      At any rate as long as I meditated on the I Am the machine would not
      change my brainwaves. The machine was a good reminder though as it
      was a single distraction instead of the infinite number of
      distractions I am usually susceptable to. White noise can also be
      programmed in to keep out annoying sounds and visuals.

      > Thanks...Tony

      My pleasure
      Love,
      Bobby G.