Journal entry - Eveneon

  • tosime2001
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 7, 2002
      Thanks for the journal entry.

      It provided a good reminder of the technique of using a "return" word
      to bring back a wondering mind.

      Hope you don't mind some questions.

      Was you back pain due to your meditation sitting position?
      When did you notice your shoulders, was it after you used your
      reminder word?

      ...Tony
    • eveneon
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 9, 2002
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@y..., "tosime2001" <tosime@l...>
        wrote:
        > Was you back pain due to your meditation sitting position?

        It could have been my position, but I think it has more to do with
        the fact that I was sitting up straight and my spine isn't so
        used to
        that. I'm so used to slouching that when my spine is straight, my
        body complains. I'm sure the pain will go away with time. I think
        also that because I was focusing on body awareness, I noticed the
        pain more. And actually, when I let myself really feel the pain, it
        would lessen. In fact, by the end of my meditation session, my back
        pain was gone.

        > When did you notice your shoulders, was it after you used your
        > reminder word?

        Yes.

        Eve