Journal Entry - tosime

  • tosime2001
    Message 1 of 99 , Jun 7, 2002
      Journal Entry - tosime
      Date: June 07
      Type: (1) Meditation on inner sounds (with earplugs)
      Type: (2) Chi Kung
      Variation: None
      Time: 10:00 a.m. (After watching a World Cup match!)
      Duration: (1) 62 minutes (open)
      Duration: (2) 20 minutes (timed)
      Posture: (1) Seated on chair, eyes closed, tongue tip to pallet
      Posture: (2) Standing (Zhan Zhuang)
      Condition: (1) Dark room. Candles. Incense. Essential Oil - Bergamot
      (on burner). Bell.
      Condition: (2) Normal room.
      Experience: Very rich session. Lots of insights. Diverse range of
      experiences. About 10-12 waves of endorphins.

      Insights: (a) Pre-meditation thoughts. I think what made this session
      so good was that before the session, I thought about what kind of
      session I wanted. I asked questions which I wanted answers to without
      trying to think of answers. I had a sense it was going to be a good
      session.

      Insights: (b) Mind Chatter. To help quite my mind I try to picture a
      person talking, even if that person is myself. I watch myself say the
      words I hear. If the words come from another person, I picture that
      person saying the words. I try to make the person I visualize match
      the words. If I know the person speaking I use that particular
      person. If I do not know the person, I make up an image that best
      matches the voice and what the voice says (tone, loudness, mood,
      subject matter etc). In this way I am separate from the voice in my
      head. I become a silent watcher - even when watching myself. The
      voice does not take me over. It might distract me for a moment but
      afterwards I move on.

      Insights: (c) I tried to find out more about the waves. The location -
      lower back of brain. It appears to spread through my brain which
      gives the impression of spreading through my body - I am not sure.
      Purpose - it feels like a sort of cleansing process as if a
      blackboard was being wiped clean. Some waves came without inducement,
      like a natural process. While the early waves stopped immediately I
      took my attention away from them, the later waves went on by
      themselves, sort of on auto-pilot. This gives me the impression that
      I can continue my meditation while these waves work in the
      background. The waves have a stilling effect on my mind. Most mind
      chatter is dissolved and images fade.

      Questions: Because the waves feel pleasant, I assume they bring the
      pleasant feelings. However, could it be that the pleasant feelings
      are continually present in the background and the waves are simply
      dissolving the barrier that prevents me from experiencing the
      pleasant feelings? I had a sense of this the way the waves seemed to
      clear things up. I am desperately seeking guidance here. Does anyone
      have any ideas?

      PS - Could others please share their journal entries.
    • Swami-G
      Message 99 of 99 , Nov 29, 2003
        <tosime@b...> wrote:
        > Journal Entry - tosime
        > Date: November 29 2003
        > Type: Meditation on inner sounds (with earplugs)
        > Time: 07:55 a.m.
        > Duration: 38 minutes (open)
        > Posture: Seated on chair
        > Body: Eyes closed,
        > - Hands on knees
        > Room Condition: Darkened room
        > - One candle
        > - Incense
        > - Essential Oil - (Gardenia + water on burner)
        > Pre-session:
        > - Full body stretch (3 times).
        > - Struck the bell 3 times before starting
        > Mind Chatter: Low
        > Waves of bliss: None
        > Experience: Good Session. First session after about a year
        without
        > meditating
        >
        > Result: Recall Session - Getting used to the motions.
        >
        > Surprising easy to return to meditation. My body felt as if it were
        on
        > automatic pilot - simply did most of the usual things I did with
        very
        > little thinking on my part.
        >
        > Good physical relaxation. Moved quite quickly through deeper
        and deeper
        > states of physical relaxation.
        >
        > Had the insight that my day to day thinking was like watching a
        slide
        > show. Each slide would stop if I dwelt on it by thinking about it.
        If I
        > did not, the next slide would appear. Most of my problems
        come when I
        > dwell too much on each passing thought. The progression of
        thoughts is a
        > natural process that I interfere with when I dwell too long on
        any
        > particular thought. I should try relaxing more and allowing the
        thought
        > process to take its natural course.

        Sg: nice to see the site come back to its intention.....