dishearted

  • frog_08244
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 5, 2002
      i know just how you feel. i tried going to classes but just didn't
      get anything from them also i just didn't have the time had to leave
      other things early to get their it was just too much. my biggest
      problem is trying to quite my mind as it races all the time. i have
      just about given up. let me know how you make out. barb
    • frog_08244
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 13, 2002
        we must think alike i myself have also felt so upetset. especilly
        with the meditation. i have stoped going to my classes & also stopped
        trying to meditate at home. i am just at a stand still. any help
        would be nice. barb
      • nagabobby
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 13, 2002
          --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@y..., frog_08244 <no_reply@y...>
          wrote:
          > we must think alike i myself have also felt so upetset. especilly
          > with the meditation. i have stoped going to my classes & also
          stopped
          > trying to meditate at home. i am just at a stand still. any help
          > would be nice. barb

          Hi Barb,

          What is it about meditation that upsets you?
          What meditation is your practice and what comes up?

          Hope you can work it out, meditation is a most effective tool.

          Of course, there are many forms of meditation... prayer, focus on
          breathing, calming, generating love and compassion, active energy
          generation, centering in body, even thinking itself as in focus on a
          particular image or idea.

          Hope you find a way that suits you well!

          Best to you,

          Bobby
        • kmckenzie92765
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 13, 2002
            frog_08244 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
            > we must think alike i myself have also
            felt so upetset. especilly
            > with the meditation. i have stoped
            going to my classes & also stopped
            > trying to meditate at home. i am just
            at a stand still. any help
            > would be nice. barb

            Dear Barb:

            I truly feel for your discouragement,
            particularly as it seems for me, (or I
            have learned), meditation is one of many
            tools for reaching God within, or the
            eternal truth, or the transcendent,
            whatever it is that powers this universe.

            While it often seems a long and lonely
            road, I encourage you to persevere in
            whatever form it takes. You will find
            this truth, this God within, because this
            is a truth that wants to be found. All
            paths, and there are very many, lead to
            this truth.

            In my own background, I was never taught
            that this type of meeting, or finding,
            was even a remote possibility. My first
            experience could not have been in a more
            mundane place -- my kitchen! That was
            nearly 37 years ago. There was no one
            with whom I could share the experience
            and receive validation.

            You do have an internal guide. It may
            require releasing many preconceived ideas
            (and we all have them) before you feel
            you are beginning to make progress, but
            this is a quest in which you will not
            fail. And the love and connectedness you
            will experience makes it more than
            worthwhile.

            Blessings,

            Kathleen
          • mareadba
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 17, 2002
              wrote:
              > we must think alike i myself have also felt so upetset. especilly
              > with the meditation. i have stoped going to my classes & also
              stopped
              > trying to meditate at home. i am just at a stand still. any help
              > would be nice. barb

              Hello, Barb.

              How long and what form(s) of meditation have you been doing?

              Finding oneself at a 'standstill' can be a great opportunity for
              opening up to understanding. You may be feeling the pull to take a
              good hard look at the concept of identity. Yes, it is and can be very
              upsetting!

              Meditation practice can bring on a wide variety of phenomena. These
              may range from holy visions, to bliss states and can be very
              fascinating and often enjoyable. On the flip-side the phenomena can
              be of a darker nature and quite frightening. But the occurances of
              phenomena are only a side effect of meditating. They arise from our
              programming and expectations. In other words, the phenomena, are a
              byproduct of mind. Now, please understand that this isn't a 'bad
              thing'. On the contrary, to have phenomena is rather the norm -
              especially for the beginner or someone who is as yet unwilling to let
              go of concepts and expectations.

              The universe is based on love. I know that may sound corny but it is
              true. Even when bad things happen the love is there. It is like
              living in the desert and dreaming of the ocean. If we want to see the
              ocean, we must leave the desert. Along the way we will have many
              adventures and tribulations. But as we come closer to the ocean (of
              love) we will find that we are not making the journey - the journey
              is making us! We are not taking the steps alone. We are being pulled
              along by our faith and by our heart. By the very universe itself.

              Well, you will be alright. The upset and dissatisfaction you felt
              which has brought you to a standstill is a great opportunity to look
              at your sense of being separate - to see if it is real.

              I urge you to have some faith in the process and to try to open up to
              surrender. You really have nothing to lose - a universe of love and
              peace will unfold.

              take care and be well - michael
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 17, 2002
                OK, so I'm reading this post without reading who it was from, and it
                kept getting me higher and higher, as the compassion, joy in life and
                living, and experiential knowledge came pouring through more and more,
                word after word. And then I see at the end that it was from one of my
                favorite pointers to liberation, Michael Read. What a blessing!
                Welcome! I hope you enjoy the party!
                Bob
                --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@y..., "mareadba" <maread@t...>