Re: Hello i am new here and

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 4, 2002
      Hi. Welcome. When I first started meditating, I was very reactive to
      many things in a negative way. For instance, I had road rage years
      before it became fashionable. I was often depressed, angry, and
      frustrated. The more I meditated, the greater self knowledge I
      gained, and with it also came greater self control. As time went on,
      the concepts I came upon, and the insights I had while meditating,
      became practical things I implemented in my life. This can take a
      while, or come in an instant. As an example, in the new
      issue of The Inner Traveler, there is a quote by Kir Li Molari that
      took a while for me to put in action and become a part of my life. It
      is "Don't carry anger. It's too heavy". Being free of carrying around
      anger, jealousy, bigotry, need for ego carressing, impatience, and
      lots of other "bad" things that I have put aside, have freed me very
      much from negativity, and have made room for "good" to fill me.
      Similarly, the experiences of infinite love, eternal unity with a
      "Higher Power" and other so-called spiritual or mystical events have
      led me to feel comfortable, calm, and happy consistantly, in a way
      that I doubt I would have ever known without being a meditator.
      Insights that are beneficial to the quality of life come to
      meditators regularly. Non-meditators commonly are stuck in a cycle of
      rehashing the past and fantasizing about the future, and reacting to
      life in a rote, habitual, unconscious manner. I don't know if this
      was the kind of comments you were looking for, but I hope they
      encourage you to meditate, because I really am convinced that it is
      one of the most beneficial things anyone can do. I wish you well.
      for themselves.
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 4, 2002
        Thank you for sharing. It's beautiful and touching. Your suffering
        has been a great teacher. It's obvious you have learned alot. Perhaps
        the greatest thing meditation teaches us is compassion and humility.
        Your health challange has filled you with these most beneficial
        attributes. Please pat yourself on your spiritual back.
        messenger93225 <no_reply@y...>