Re: Hello i am new here and

  • messenger93225
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 4, 2002
      "supernik2001" wrote:
      i was just wandering if any of you would share any insights with
      me
      of how you felt when you began meditating and how you feel now
      and
      how much better you feel after mediating or something like that.
      Thanks!!!
      .
      .
      .
      .
      .
      .
      .
      Dear supernik2001,
      On a very personal note.
      I studied spiritual healing and meditated for some twenty years.
      And then I found out why, one day.
      I was diagnosed with a potentially terminal disease.
      MY MIND BEGAN TO RACE --- P a n i c..... felt almost artificial [!]
      because......
      I knew what was needed.....to calm myself and locate a bit of
      harmony.
      Which I did, and meditation became very focused.
      Motivation very high.
      The results were deep and peaceful.
      Others' prayers reached me on a very profound level.
      (Almost as if they were spoken to me directly.)
      They joined with my own.
      I was no longer thinking of myself, but of ~all~ in this human
      condition.
      I was now coming to see why we meditate.
      It has been very good to have had this experience.
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 4, 2002
        Hi. Welcome. When I first started meditating, I was very reactive to
        many things in a negative way. For instance, I had road rage years
        before it became fashionable. I was often depressed, angry, and
        frustrated. The more I meditated, the greater self knowledge I
        gained, and with it also came greater self control. As time went on,
        the concepts I came upon, and the insights I had while meditating,
        became practical things I implemented in my life. This can take a
        while, or come in an instant. As an example, in the new
        issue of The Inner Traveler, there is a quote by Kir Li Molari that
        took a while for me to put in action and become a part of my life. It
        is "Don't carry anger. It's too heavy". Being free of carrying around
        anger, jealousy, bigotry, need for ego carressing, impatience, and
        lots of other "bad" things that I have put aside, have freed me very
        much from negativity, and have made room for "good" to fill me.
        Similarly, the experiences of infinite love, eternal unity with a
        "Higher Power" and other so-called spiritual or mystical events have
        led me to feel comfortable, calm, and happy consistantly, in a way
        that I doubt I would have ever known without being a meditator.
        Insights that are beneficial to the quality of life come to
        meditators regularly. Non-meditators commonly are stuck in a cycle of
        rehashing the past and fantasizing about the future, and reacting to
        life in a rote, habitual, unconscious manner. I don't know if this
        was the kind of comments you were looking for, but I hope they
        encourage you to meditate, because I really am convinced that it is
        one of the most beneficial things anyone can do. I wish you well.
        for themselves.
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 4, 2002
          Thank you for sharing. It's beautiful and touching. Your suffering
          has been a great teacher. It's obvious you have learned alot. Perhaps
          the greatest thing meditation teaches us is compassion and humility.
          Your health challange has filled you with these most beneficial
          attributes. Please pat yourself on your spiritual back.
          messenger93225 <no_reply@y...>