Time

  • Tony
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 3, 2002
      Time:

      Conceptually, this makes sense. If I were enlightened, I could probably say that from experience, this is true. Until I am enlightened, how do I use this "knowledge" of time? How does it help me in day to day life?

      Look forward to your reply.
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 3, 2002
        Dear Tony,
        You are enlightened. What you possibly haven't experienced is
        Realization of your Enlightenment. By pointing to time as
        illusionary,
        the hold your mind's "same old, same old" has on you might be
        loosened. When you are in a movie theater, sometimes the film messes
        up, skips frames, and even melts. This breaks your focus on the story
        being told on the screen, and you realize that what you were watching
        is just a story on a screen. Zen koans, Jhana yoga concepts (like the
        illusion of time), Sufi stories, and many more methods, are
        specifically intended to wake us from the dream story playing in the
        theater of our mind. When we awaken, we know there is no "day to day
        life", and this will happen when we experience the eternal infinite
        bliss-full Love that is Reality. It is our birthright to have this
        experiential Knowledge. Meditation has proven to be the best way to
        have this (by Grace only) experience, sooner than later. I hope this
        little explanation helps.

        "Tony" <tosime@l...> wrote:
        > Time:
        > Conceptually, this makes sense. If I were enlightened, I could
        probably say that from experience, this is true. Until I am
        enlightened, how do I use this "knowledge" of time? How does it help
        me in day to day life?
        > Look forward to your reply.
      • Tony
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 4, 2002
          Hello Bob,

          Thanks for this explanation. It has been very helpful. I guess that at every moment there will be reminders that our experience is an illusion.