Nasrudin's Miracle

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 9, 2003
      Nasrudin had a small meeting place, where people gathered for evenings
      of poetry and music. The priest of a neighboring temple, upset by the
      growing popularity of the place, screamed at nasrudin:
      "You cheat! People regard you as a teacher, and spiritual guide. But
      what are your achievements?! Our founder was such a holy man, that
      once, when a huge body of water separated him from his desired
      destination, he simply put his straw mat on the waves and it caried
      him safely to the other shore. And you? What miracles can you
      perform?"
      "My miracles are simple," replied nasrudin. "when I am hungry, I eat.
      When I am tired, I sleep. And when I am insulted - I forgive!"
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 1, 2003
        Mullah Nasrudin organized a group that met regularly to discuss
        meditation and other spiritual matters. A religious leader from a
        nearby temple soon became very upset by the growing popularity of
        Nasrudin's group and the lessening of his own flock. One night he
        burst into the meeting and yelled at Nasrudin "You are a cheat, a
        thief, and a fool. And yet you claim to be a spiritual guide. But what
        have you ever done that was great? Our founder was such a wonderous
        and holy man, that when he had to cross a body of water, he just put
        his prayer rug on the water, got on, and it immediately carried him to
        the other shore. And what miracles can you perform?"
        Nasrudin replied "My miracles are that when I am tired, I sleep. When
        I am hungry, I eat. And when I am insulted - I forgive!"