Re: hi

    Message 1 of 8 , May 27, 2002
      Dear Frog,
      It's very common for a beginner to not be able to stop their mind
      from
      wandering (wasn't there a Beatle lyric about this?). What you have
      done is to recognize that it wanders, and that is very important. The
      awareness that notices the mind's activity is your inner Witness. You
      need do nothing else but continue being aware and Witness your life
      as it takes place (not just when you are meditating), and you will
      progress in eliminating those things that cause you to suffer, like
      your mind wandering. Another factor is the technique you are using.
      After 2 months, you should have some beneficial results. You may need
      to change techniques. There is no single technique that "works" for
      everyone. Perhaps you can get help from your teacher. Our web site has
      dozens of techniques explained ( http://www.meditationsociety.com ).
      Most of all, I suggest you persevere. It is well worth the effort to
      attain mastery over your mind. There is no greater gift. I wish you
      well.
      frog wrote:
      > i have been taking clases for learning to meditate i have been
      going
      > for 2 month's with little results at all. my mind just wonders all
      > the time. how do i learn to not wonder all the time?
    • frog_08244
      Message 2 of 8 , May 29, 2002
        i am asking how to stop my mind from wondering all the time i am
        trying to meditate. i would be pleased to hear of any way to stop my
        wondering mind. thank you for being so pacient with me. i really miss
        going to my classes but its just to hectic.
      • frog_08244
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 3, 2002
          have not done any meditation for a week. don't feel any different
          than i did when i was doing meditation. i do really miss the class i
          was taking maybe i can get back to it in the fall. too busy now. i
          will try to meditate tonight. maybe this time i will get some from it.
        • frog_08244
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 10, 2002
            i don't understand the oragice. where are the joular's. is that
            something you keep by yourself? just to write in when ever the mood
            stikes? please explain. have been to busy to try meditation. just
            don't seen to really want to try again its so frusting when you get
            nothing from it. their are tapes on the oprah site for meditation
            also if any one is interested. barb
          • Asfand Yar Khalid
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 26, 2006
              i have newly joined this society and if any body wants any help or advice or wants to share any technique they are welcome.

            • taapaanm
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 1, 2006
                --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, frog_08244
                <no_reply@...> wrote:

                > i have been taking clases for learning to meditate i have been
                going
                > for 2 month's with little results at all. my mind just wonders all
                > the time. how do i learn to not wonder all the time?

                Well two months is too little a time to achieve success. What is your
                experience ,is common to most of us. Try to be positive in mind.
                First conviction is are you being benifitted . Settle down
                physically ,rest will follow surely. Please create adesire to be in
                peace for you and for rest of the world.That will help you.
              • ryu.anime
                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 13, 2006
                  i have been taking clases for learning to meditate i have been going
                  for 2 month's with little results at all. my mind just wonders all
                  the time. how do i learn to not wonder all the time?

                  I know that you sent this email last month but I think I can help
                  you out a little. Are you trying to allow your mind to go blank?
                  What kind of meditation are they trying to teach you? I would be more
                  than happy to help you out in anyway that I can.

                  KH