hi

  • frog_08244
    Message 1 of 8 , May 25, 2002
      i have been taking clases for learning to meditate i have been going
      for 2 month's with little results at all. my mind just wonders all
      the time. how do i learn to not wonder all the time?
      Message 2 of 8 , May 27, 2002
        Dear Frog,
        It's very common for a beginner to not be able to stop their mind
        from
        wandering (wasn't there a Beatle lyric about this?). What you have
        done is to recognize that it wanders, and that is very important. The
        awareness that notices the mind's activity is your inner Witness. You
        need do nothing else but continue being aware and Witness your life
        as it takes place (not just when you are meditating), and you will
        progress in eliminating those things that cause you to suffer, like
        your mind wandering. Another factor is the technique you are using.
        After 2 months, you should have some beneficial results. You may need
        to change techniques. There is no single technique that "works" for
        everyone. Perhaps you can get help from your teacher. Our web site has
        dozens of techniques explained ( http://www.meditationsociety.com ).
        Most of all, I suggest you persevere. It is well worth the effort to
        attain mastery over your mind. There is no greater gift. I wish you
        well.
        Message 3 of 8 , May 29, 2002
          i am asking how to stop my mind from wondering all the time i am
          trying to meditate. i would be pleased to hear of any way to stop my
          wondering mind. thank you for being so pacient with me. i really miss
          going to my classes but its just to hectic.
        • frog_08244
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 3, 2002
            have not done any meditation for a week. don't feel any different
            than i did when i was doing meditation. i do really miss the class i
            was taking maybe i can get back to it in the fall. too busy now. i
            will try to meditate tonight. maybe this time i will get some from it.
          • frog_08244
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 10, 2002
              i don't understand the oragice. where are the joular's. is that
              something you keep by yourself? just to write in when ever the mood
              stikes? please explain. have been to busy to try meditation. just
              don't seen to really want to try again its so frusting when you get
              nothing from it. their are tapes on the oprah site for meditation
              also if any one is interested. barb
            • Asfand Yar Khalid
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 26 12:06 PM
                i have newly joined this society and if any body wants any help or advice or wants to share any technique they are welcome.

              • taapaanm
                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 1, 2006
                  --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, frog_08244
                  <no_reply@...> wrote:

                  > i have been taking clases for learning to meditate i have been
                  going
                  > for 2 month's with little results at all. my mind just wonders all
                  > the time. how do i learn to not wonder all the time?

                  Well two months is too little a time to achieve success. What is your
                  experience ,is common to most of us. Try to be positive in mind.
                  First conviction is are you being benifitted . Settle down
                  physically ,rest will follow surely. Please create adesire to be in
                  peace for you and for rest of the world.That will help you.
                • ryu.anime
                  Message 8 of 8 , Oct 13, 2006
                    i have been taking clases for learning to meditate i have been going
                    for 2 month's with little results at all. my mind just wonders all
                    the time. how do i learn to not wonder all the time?

                    I know that you sent this email last month but I think I can help
                    you out a little. Are you trying to allow your mind to go blank?
                    What kind of meditation are they trying to teach you? I would be more
                    than happy to help you out in anyway that I can.

                    KH