Re: What is supposed to happen?

    Message 1 of 4 , May 22, 2002
      Dear Kathleen,
      Hi! Spiritous shows alot of wisdom and good direction, but when you
      stated "I catch my negativity more quickly and replace negative
      thoughts with thoughts from the Course", I feel that this is more than
      just having "happy thoughts". It's a real meditative task that we all
      should be doing. To let your mind run wild and take dump negativity
      all over you is foolish. When you do affirmations, you are literally
      rewireing your brain, and you will more and more develop the habit of
      having pure (sattvic) thoughts. This helps remove the habitual
      negative reactivity we all have conditioned into us. BTW, It's a
      beautiful thing when the benefits you receive from meditation are so
      very apparent, as you have seen with your blood pressure dropping. I
      wish you well.
      messenger93225 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@y..., "kmckenzie92765"
      > <kathleenm@y...> wrote:
      > > I've been meditating off and on for the
      > > past 25 years. For a long time, it was
      > > more off, but the past three years I've
      > > used the workbook from A Course in
      > > Miracles fairly consistently.
      > > My bloodpressure is up, etc.
      >

      > Dear kathleen,
      >
      > You aren't meditating then. You are thinking happy thoughts. this
      > is not real meditation. Check into the vipassana meditation. This
      > yeilds results.
      > Then to replace intolerant feelings with patient ones and such
      > comes naturally = from within...
      > Less from outside in..(as in putting it 'on')......
      > And more from within yourself out, as the source.
      > The whole blood pressure thing comes from within.
      >
      > Love yourself, yu are on a good path!
      >
      > Spiritous
    • messenger93225
      Message 2 of 4 , May 23, 2002
        > Dear, no_reply (is that your name? )

        I realise that my response was very strong. (It must be the zen
        talking! lolol!) Having said that, I am also in practise of
        Bodhicitta.
        So I tend to do a tough love, to snap folks out of it.<br>
        There is a difference in results [which Kathleen was not
        getting]....between just thinking "happy thoughts" = no
        results<br>And getting to the root causes of one's errrant
        thinking to the point that one has results.
        Yes, I wholly agree the practise of replacing errant thought with
        right and good thought is very effective...and that yeilds results.
        If it seems that I went on and on about results, it's just that
        25 years is a long wait for results.

        You are a gentle One.