Update

  • kmckenzie92765
    Message 1 of 2 , May 22, 2002
      Today I took my blood pressure at noon (per doctor's instructions),
      then, out of curiousity, practiced the Soham meditation and again took
      my blood pressure. It was 20 points lower after meditation!
      Unbelievable!

      I also did a search on vipassana meditation and found a teaching center
      in Fresno. I applied for a ten-day learning session in July. I hope my
      age and medical status does not cause them to reject me, but,
      whatever, at least I no longer feel so totally stuck.

      Thank you, everyone.

      Kathleen
    • kmckenzie92765
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 12, 2002
        I seem to have moved to "a level" -- don't know whether I would call it
        beginning or not. Anyway, one day about a week ago, I started "seeing"
        waves of dark and light while meditating. It started with an irregularly
        shaped spot of light which I focused on. Then I noticed a wave starting
        in the lower left and I concentrated on letting that flow. Now I seem to
        be reaching that state, however briefly, during almost every meditation.
        Sometimes the waves have color.

        I meditate for 30 minutes shortly after rising and another 30 minutes
        around noon. If I think about writing anything down, I turn into my "writer-
        lecturer" mode during the meditation, and that seems counter-
        productive, so I don't do any journaling.

        My blood pressure is down more consistently.

        I go for another sleep study tonight and hope I can use some of this to
        release the tension of being taped up with sensors and wires. Would be
        nice to actually sleep for my sleep study.

        Kathleen