Re: Drawing from the right brain-Puffs

  • texasbg2000 <Bigbobgraham@aol.com>
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 5, 2003
      When I was young, I was nearly blind. Because I could draw faces in
      light and shadow with alot of accuracy in high school, the teacher
      encouraged me to take more art in college. By that time my eyes were
      fixed but because I was convinced that I couldn't really see the
      world as other people saw it, I worked at really being able to see.
      I mean, I thought that I'd never really seen anything in my life and
      knew it was my brain, not my eyes that didn't learn to see. One day,
      I just did. It was glorious and I still had no idea that it wasn't
      exactly the way that all people saw things. I would paint portraits
      late at night and put their auras in the painting with them, and in
      the morning I'd go out for a walk at dawn. The new world would just
      blow me away and continuing to observe, I noticed the way I could
      shift my focus back and forth between the beautiful uniform light
      and the view of names and categories. But, it was mainly just the
      work of matching shape and color in the painting and looking at
      light in the air rather than on the object itself that made it click
      in.

      Thanks:

      That explains it. When i was young I went to study with an
      Impressionist painter on Cape Cod. He taught me to see relationships
      of color. i did basically what you did. Matched colors and shapes.
      Mainly in the sunlight.

      Relationships of color is one way to show unbelievers about the power
      of the mind to influence reality. Take a gray card and put a bright
      yellow shape on it. If you look at both colors together instead of
      focusing on one and then the other you will see the grey looks
      purplish.

      If you take the yellow shape off the gray and replace it with a red
      one, the gray will appear greenish. The effect is not subtle. but
      you have to look at the relationship and not at just one of them at a
      time. It is called simultaneous contrast.

      One can make the world become full of color harmonies by getting in a
      good frame of mind just as you mentioned. I also noticed the
      beautiful daylight colors after working indoors for a long time.

      Very nice
      Bobby G.